Thread: Bad Weekend

Spyder Garage

Default Bad Weekend

Went to my first bike week in Ocean City MD, this weekend and we had a tornado on Friday, rained all day Saturday, and when the rain stopped my Spyder wouldn't start. 2011 RT Ltd, 4 months old and I'm getting a check engine light, the bike started idling real rough and then cut off. Had to have my bike towed 137 miles to my house, and now I have to have it towed to my Dealer. What a bummer. Hope this isn't indicative of things to come. Anybody else had this problem ??

Spyder Garage

Man sorry you are haveing trouble ! Sounds like a spark plug and or wire has gone bad or loose . Let us know what shows up .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Newsuan View Post
    Went to my first bike week in Ocean City MD, this weekend and we had a tornado on Friday, rained all day Saturday, and when the rain stopped my Spyder wouldn't start. 2011 RT Ltd, 4 months old and I'm getting a check engine light, the bike started idling real rough and then cut off. Had to have my bike towed 137 miles to my house, and now I have to have it towed to my Dealer. What a bummer. Hope this isn't indicative of things to come. Anybody else had this problem ??
    Must be the rain. took off this morning for a ride made a stop five miles from home when i restarted it didn't sound right check engine light came on. limped home and loaded it on the trailer & took it to the dealer. service said it was the throttle body, next week MAYBE?
    48 down.

Spyder Garage

Default Hope you get it back quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Man sorry you are haveing trouble ! Sounds like a spark plug and or wire has gone bad or loose . Let us know what shows up .
    +1. Those good ole spark plug wires.
    Hope you get it taken care of right away and are back on the road 3-wheelin'.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture