Spyder Garage

Default Estimated time for floorboard/highway peg install?

Specifically Rivco, but I'll take a rough estimate for ANY board/peg install.

FYI, I feel awful-- my man card should be taken away-- but I recently tried to install this stuff on my own, and even with a jack and jackstands I just couldn't get enough comfortable clearance to work underneath my Spyder in my driveway (God, how I want a garage and a bike lift one day...).

Since time is money (and frustration... and bruised fingers...), it's worth it for me to have a dealer install this stuff, but I'd like to have an idea of about how long this should take since I'm going to have it done "while I wait" and labor in these parts approaches $100 an hour.

So, any estimates?

(Oh, in addition to the boards & pegs, I'm getting two Powerlets installed in the dash... I'll be ready for winter before summer's even over ).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Specifically Rivco, but I'll take a rough estimate for ANY board/peg install.

FYI, I feel awful-- my man card should be taken away-- but I recently tried to install this stuff on my own, and even with a jack and jackstands I just couldn't get enough comfortable clearance to work underneath my Spyder in my driveway (God, how I want a garage and a bike lift one day...).

Since time is money (and frustration... and bruised fingers...), it's worth it for me to have a dealer install this stuff, but I'd like to have an idea of about how long this should take since I'm going to have it done "while I wait" and labor in these parts approaches $100 an hour.

So, any estimates?

(Oh, in addition to the boards & pegs, I'm getting two Powerlets installed in the dash... I'll be ready for winter before summer's even over ).
    If every thing goes well, The Rivco boards should only take 1 to 1.5 hours to install.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Original Seal Floorboards took 30 minutes and I had no need for jacks, etc. No need for highway pegs. Didn't even bruise or skin a finger. I highly recommend them!
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Hard for me to say for sure how long it took to install my ISCI brackets and boards because I was also doing a lot of other stuff at the same time.

I would estimate that if that was the only project that I was doing and worked specifically on that 1-1.5 hours is about right.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all, makes me feel better!

RE: Seal floorboards, I already bought the Rivco boards and pegs, I've had them sitting on my dining room floor for a month now (much to my GF's happiness ).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

I installed the ESI pegs in about 1 1/2 hours. I took my time and they came out great. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow.