Thread: I AM SORRY.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I AM SORRY.

I am sorry if you are on a trip through the southern route...ie IH10 through FL, AL, GA, LA, TX, NM, etc. like Houston, San Antonio, El Paso...SA had it's 55th day of 100 and 100+.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We are looking at the possibility of our first frost later this week.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Its getting bad round here. Fires are starting to pop up and many people have lost their homes. The winds aren't helping the situation either.

SpyderAnn, if y'all could get together up north, and set up some fans to blow south, we'd appreciate it. Wouldn't mind a little rain either.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope you get some relief soon. I'm not ready just yet for cold weather here though.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yazz: didn't you bring back any of our rain and cool weather in your trailer?

At least a third of the leaves are down in my yard and woods now. Its getting cool at night, and the geese are heading south.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I know!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I am sorry if you are on a trip through the southern route...ie IH10 through FL, AL, GA, LA, TX, NM, etc. like Houston, San Antonio, El Paso...SA had it's 55th day of 100 and 100+.

I had to go to from Dyess AFB to Randolph AFB a couple weeks ago. Yes, it was blazing hot. By the time I got into San Antonio/Randolph, I couldnt wait to get to my billeting room and sit in a cold bath. On the way there I went across a few bridges that should have had some pretty expansive waterways underneath. They were bone dry!! I think it has rained maybe twice since May....at least I havent had to do much yard work this summer...nothing grew!

Spyder Garage

dallas just broke the record today for the most days ever over a 100, 70 so far. also the hottest average temp in the u.s. for the summer 90.6

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

San Angelo, Texas weatherman reported at 5:00 PM that San Angelo just experieced it's 97th day of 100 degrees or more today. We left Taos, NM Sunday morning headed home after riding for 4 days in the mountains. At one point coming through the mountains south of Taos, the Spyder thermometer was showing 37 degrees and there appeared to be frost in some of the trees. We got home about 7:30 PM and the temperature on my front porch was 97 degrees. Talk about a shock.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

YOU'RE sorry? *I'M* sorry-- it's going to be 67 and sunny here in Virginia this weekend, PERFECT riding weather.

Best of all: nothing on fire.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

We have been kicking around the idea of a trip down to Fort Worth to visit some of Linda's relatives, but keep putting it off because of the heat. We just might wait until the end of October or early November before comming and hope the heat and fires are gone.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Between the hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, hot weather and fires this summer, I'm starting to look forward to a Winter where we only need to keep an eye out for blizzards...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Yea, Yippee, Skippy...the 90's are GONE< GONE< GONE

Oh yea I do not like 90's and 100's for daytime temps.....I so welcome the cooler nites and days....Ms Spyder just got washed and as soon as her mistress does the same WE are gone, gone, gone....gotta just love fall ryding...well, that sort of lines up with ryding early morning, ryding in the rain, wind, no traffic, heavy traffic. Hmmmmm is there a bad time to ryde is the easier ?...for me only when the snow and icy roads arrive...hopefully those are many moon off..
    If you cannot go for a ryde today than at least pat your Spydee on the nose and let it know you are gettin' ready to ROLL....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

All the smoke from the South, Georgia, fires is pushing down here to Central, Flarda.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Yazz: didn't you bring back any of our rain and cool weather in your trailer?

At least a third of the leaves are down in my yard and woods now. Its getting cool at night, and the geese are heading south.
    Funny you would mention your rain. The day after we got home, it started raining. We'd like to think we brought it back with us. The neighbors said it hadn't rained the whole time we were gone.

Maybe we should heading up north again...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

46 degrees here in Billings MT right now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    dallas just broke the record today for the most days ever over a 100, 70 so far. also the hottest average temp in the u.s. for the summer 90.6
    Dallas, San Angelo, even New Braunfels are always hotter than San Antonio....and colder in the winter...I do not know why, but someone told me SA is in a slight valley and a little cooler....Oh boy, it is only 101 and Dallas is 103....I feel cooler already....

Last edited by Mr. White; 09-15-2011 at 02:00 PM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a kid from our Town who was stationed in Texas before deployment. After being over in the sweatbox in the 'Stans, he's longing for the cool summers of Texas!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Angry

we had frost last night

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dallas, San Angelo, even New Braunfels are always hotter than San Antonio....and colder in the winter...I do not know why, but someone told me SA is in a slight valley and a little cooler....Oh boy, it is only 101 and Dallas is 103....I feel cooler already....

That seems to be true this year for sure. My thermometer says 100 right now, 2:30 PM CDT, but I'm 30 miles north of San Angelo in Bronte. If the official temp in San Angelo is that high, then Angelo is up to 98 days. That is shattering the old record of 60 days of 100 or above. I saw in the newspaper where Wichita Falls had already reached 100 days of 100 or more.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    All the smoke from the South, Georgia, fires is pushing down here to Central, Flarda.

Chris
    Woke up to the smell of the Minnesota fires yesterday. They canceled all high school sporting events here 500 miles away because of the smoke in the air.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Smoke

I live in Ontario. Yesterday everywhere I went I could smell smoke. It was like a campfire wood smoke but it was everywhere. As I watched the evening news they talked about the smoke smell is from fires in Minnesota.

Darn smoke has no respect for the border

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phantaz View Post
    46 degrees here in Billings MT right now.
    Wow I am so looking forward to ryding in those temps...got me one of those BajaRon Firstgear suits...I'm ready..bring it on!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Most Excellent News...

We've got a cold front coming thru. Temps should be in the 90's. Woo Hoo!!!!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

Default I AM SORRY

Tyler had 80 days of temperatures above 100 this summer. We had several days were the temerature did not get below 80. Walking at 5:00 AM in 80 degree heat is no fun.
    Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue