Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I had these on my last RT with no issues in the sound system.

Thanks !!!
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm planning on putting in the new spark plug wires this weekend.
    They really look great from a specification standpoint, and the craftsmanship is outstanding.

Has anyone installed these on an RT yet ? Any radio interference ?

I certainly don't expect any interference, but some real life confirmation would be appreciated.
    Here is what Accel says about the 300+ Race Wire I am using in these ignition wire sets.

ACCEL 8.8 300+ RACE WIRE

"State of the art Ferro-Spiral Wound Magnetic Suppression core eliminates electrical “leakage” or RFI/EMI interference that interrupts electronic ignitions."

I know Accel makes good stuff but I still wanted to see how these wires would do in the real world on our Spyders. Especially since the ECM (computer) on the Spyder is so sensitive to electrical interference. The best wires in the world are no good to us if they mess with the computer.

The Ferro wound core is specifically designed to shield more RFI/EMI than the standard carbon core OEM wires that come on the Spyder so I thought this was a real plus for our Spyders. Still, I didn't want to take Accel's word for it so we put them to the test. We ran these wires on 2 Spyders (1- RT & 1- RS) for over 4,000 combined miles with no interference issues, before I started selling them.

I have no way to actually test the amount of electrical interference these Custom wire sets produce, but I think it safe to say that you'll experience less electrical interference with this custom wire set than you would with the stock set.

Here are some diagrams of the differences in wire construction between OEM and my Custom Wire set. Most of the good stuff is inside where you can't see it but where it does the most good.

ACCEL 300+ FERRO-SPIRAL™ RACE WIRE

Standard OEM Carbon Core Wire

Granted, my custom wires are a bit of overkill for our Spyders, just like the Amsoil I use is more than adequate. But I like the fact that both will give much better service over a longer period of time for about the same price as OEM products.

My feeling is, if you can't make it better, why bother? And if you can get better for about the same price or a little more than OEM, then why wouldn't you?

Hope this helps.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default WIRE & PLUGS SET

1 YOU HAVE A GREAT THIS THERE
    2 CHILLEY PEPPER YOU SHOULD CALL,
    3 IT FOR A HOTER SPARK AND BETTER PROFORMENCE .
    4 YOU WELL NEVER GO BACK .

THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT WIRE AND SPARK PLUG
    (HOT DEAL WITH GREAT HOT POWER)
    (THE CHILLEY PEPPER WIRE & PLUG SET)

I WANT A SET FOR x MASS PLEASE SANTS...(SM5)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I could have sent Ron a PM, but, just felt that I'd join the many who have sang his praises in this thread. Just got my wires and plugs, today, and they sure look good. A week ago, I'd never heard of BajaRon, nor read a post in here, that I remember. In just a few hours of getting on the site and looking for advise on a miss-fire, I had found this thread and learned that I was probably having a common Spyder problem, had ordered plugs and wires, and communicated with Ron a couple of times, because he was making sure that he had the right stuff coming my way. All painless, and pleasant.
    Now, all I have to do is get in there and do the changing, and, hopefully, the skips will be gone, and Dick will be back tooling around South Texas.
    Oh, yes, an added bonus is the inclusion of dielectric for the plug boots, and heat-sink paste for the plug threads. I talked my local dealer in Vermont into selling me a small dab of paste in a little plastic bag, when I changed plugs this Summer. He charged me $5 for about the same amount of paste that Ron includes, because I had refused to pay 38 bucks for a tiny little (maybe 3-4 oz.)tube of the BRP stuff!

Just had to let Y'all know that I can see why the man is getting some great reviews on the S L's page.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Wells View Post
    I could have sent Ron a PM, but, just felt that I'd join the many who have sang his praises in this thread. Just got my wires and plugs, today, and they sure look good. A week ago, I'd never heard of BajaRon, nor read a post in here, that I remember. In just a few hours of getting on the site and looking for advise on a miss-fire, I had found this thread and learned that I was probably having a common Spyder problem, had ordered plugs and wires, and communicated with Ron a couple of times, because he was making sure that he had the right stuff coming my way. All painless, and pleasant.
    Now, all I have to do is get in there and do the changing, and, hopefully, the skips will be gone, and Dick will be back tooling around South Texas.
    Oh, yes, an added bonus is the inclusion of dielectric for the plug boots, and heat-sink paste for the plug threads. I talked my local dealer in Vermont into selling me a small dab of paste in a little plastic bag, when I changed plugs this Summer. He charged me $5 for about the same amount of paste that Ron includes, because I had refused to pay 38 bucks for a tiny little (maybe 3-4 oz.)tube of the BRP stuff!

Just had to let Y'all know that I can see why the man is getting some great reviews on the S L's page.
    Now all you need to do is slam those babies in and crank that throttle! Be sure to hang on while you're at it!

It only takes a bit of thermal paste on the spark plug threads and just a bit of dielectric grease on the spark plug boot. People were paying way too much for a big tube of these. So I found a supplier for the small amounts needed for the install. I like to supply everything needed. I'll get around to zip ties one of these days. But most people that do their own work have these and or they are easy to get.

Thanks for all the support! Hope your future is 'Miss-Free'!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-20-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

They're in, and - TA-DA, the Spyder's running just fine!
    Thanks again, Ron. I hope you sell a set for all 30,000, or whatever, Spyders that are out there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Wells View Post
    They're in, and - TA-DA, the Spyder's running just fine!
    Thanks again, Ron. I hope you sell a set for all 30,000, or whatever, Spyders that are out there.
    So far, every person with a miss has cured it with these wires. Of course OEM wires would have cured the problem as well. But these custom wires may just last the life of the engine. Certainly, they will be much more reliable than OEM wires.

And your engine is misfiring way before you'll notice it. It has to misfire a fair amount before you are able to detect it (normally).

Bottom line, if the customer is happy, I am VERY happy!

Now, if I can just get time to put a set on MY SPYDER!

Spyder Garage

There is a change blowing in the wind! Film at 11!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Heat Sink Compound at Radio Shack

Take a look at the link for heat sink compound at Radio Shack. Reviews look pretty good on this product.
    $3.29 a tube is a great price and the compound has been working fine for me.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...howFullReviews

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Willie View Post
    Take a look at the link for heat sink compound at Radio Shack. Reviews look pretty good on this product.
    $3.29 a tube is a great price and the compound has been working fine for me.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...howFullReviews
    That's what I use, and carry on my Spyder.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    Red....

Spyder Garage

Here is the latest on my Custom Ignition Wire Sets.

I have been finding it difficult to keep the Accel 300+ wire in stock. During my research for these wire sets I found other manufacturers that produced a comperable product using the same technology and similar materials. I chose the Accel wire because I prefered black.

I am now using MSD's Super Conductor wire which is quite similar to the Accel product. This MSD wire is more readily available and many people prefer the Red over the Black. Both products offer the same excellent properties and increased performance. There are some minor differences but I am convinced they will make no difference to our Spyders.

The obvious differences are color (Black vs Red). The Accel wire is .3mm larger than the MSD wire but both are more than 1.5mm larger than the OEM wires. MSD uses a heavier gauge wire and has a lower resistance than the Accel wire. Lower resistance is better but again, it is not significant to our application.

I will be making the Accel 300+ Black wires again when I can get it in stock.

Accel 300+ Wire
    Color: Black
    Size: 8.8mm
    Resistance: 150 Ohm per ft
    Heat Resistance:600+
    Core: Spiral Wound Copper Alloy - Kevlar Weave Center

MDS Super Conductor Wire
    Color: Red
    Size: 8.5mm
    Resistance: 50 Ohm per ft
    Heat Resistance: 600+ F
    Core: Spiral Wound Copper Alloy - Kevlar Weave Center

Last edited by BajaRon; 01-29-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Set of Wires and Spark Plugs received in the UK

Have just over 4,500 Miles on my Spyder RT -S SES 2010 Model
    Due to go to the Dealer for the 6,000 Mile service sometime in the new year

Having watched this Thread - I decided I would purchase a set of Bajaron's Spark Plug wires and a set of The NGK Iridium DCPR8EIX.
    to take to my dealer for them to change them out

I e-mailed Ron (What a true Gent) to get further information and a Price to ship the UK - An invoice was sent and payment made just over
    a week ago

The items arrived today - The Look and Build quality are excellent - If you are not sure if these are for you then I would recommend
    you go for them - The Spyder is a complex Machine and for most of us the purchase of one is a large investment - Compared with the cost of the original OEM set of Spark Plug wires these are a true value for money option

Thanks Ron & all the others who have added information to this thread which helped me to make my mind up and I am so glad I did

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder – RT-S SES (AUTO 2010 Model)

List of Mods :-
    Added Zuno 660 -Garmin kit as supplied on the Spyder RT Limited
    Digital Voltmeter and Digital Clock to replace Fuel and Temp gauge – Fuel and Temp now
    displayed in Cluster Display
    LED Bulbs Reversing Lights,Front position lights
    HMT - Brake Light
    LED – Running lights
    LED - Mud Flap lights
    Rear extended Mud Flap
    LED Light in Rear Trunk
    Sport Tall Wide Clear Windshield
    Chrome 2011 Front Lower Wind deflecors
    Utopia Backrest
    S/S Seat Prop
    S/S Handlebar Weights
    S/S Grills both sides matching
    Bottom Panel S/S Protection
    S/S stronger Funk Lid brackets
    S/S Bracket for RBNS Hood for Zumo 660 GPS + TourTech Lockable Mount
    Rubber Tank protector on glove box
    Grip Puppies
    Power Socket in Switch Cluster and at Rear passenger Handrail
    Rear Speaker Switch for passenger On/OFF
    Upgraded Front Marine Speakers
    Bluetooth On board Radio to Sena SMH10 Headsets

Spyder Garage

Default Both Red MSD And Black Accel Wire Sets Back In Stock

I've got both the Red MSD and the Black Accel Custom Spark Plug Wire sets back in stock. Still $65 delivered. Iridium spark plugs (either the colder 9's or the hotter 8's) are also in stock for $17 delivered.

Thanks to everyone for all your support on this project.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No.... Thank you Ron!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black