Spydii917

Default More Mod Questions... Tires and LED's

Hello again everyone!

I really am going to need a new rear tire soon, (less than 1k) and am thinking about putting matching fronts on my new set of wheels at the same time. Is there any disadvantage to a car tire vs the bike tires??? What sizes and brands do you run? Those that have went to a larger tire size up front have you had any problems?? (VSS)

Also, I have seen on youtube a video of LED vs stock taillights? To me it didnt look like there was that much of a difference. To all of you that have or have seen the Spyder LED taillights and turning signals in person, is there a big difference? They are pretty expensive so I wanted to make sure that they were a necessary upgrade before pulling the trigger on them. I am considering the wake up light harness as well. Any thoughts?

I am looking to place the order with Custom Dynamics asap and just wanted everyones thoughts.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

My dealer showed me a Spyder they'd been working on that kept throwing multiple error codes. They checked everything they could think of & found nothing wrong. They contacted BRP and explained the problems & BRP had them check the tires. The customer had put on new aftermarket tires of a different size from OEM. My dealer concluded that this caused the sensors to send conflicting data to the computer, which in turn started throwing error codes.

Be careful and make wise selections when looking at different sizes.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

I prefer the rear turn signals stock BUT have the following which I Love-
    1- Double Play
    2- Rear Center Light
    3-Brightsides
    4-Mud Flaps
    5-The Fender Tips turns the Tips, Brightsides and Mud flaps into blinking signals also.
    Dats All I could afford?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Concerning front tires you want to match the circumference of the stock 165/65-14 as closely as possible [vss issues] the 185/60 -14 is only about 10 revelutions per less than stock which I believe is 926. It's so close its not noticeable, not even to the VSS ask Mr Orange. On the rear you can get 225/50 R15 which is same as stock tire. Good Luck. {that's per MILE }
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-13-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typing error

Spyder Garage

It's hard to show different light brightness on video due to most cameras adjustment for lighting. The LEDs are brighter, run cooler, last longer than the traditional lights. I am told by other riders I a highly visible. I also suggest the triple play that makes the turn signals running and brake lights- it really piles on your visibility.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com