Thread: Gas Containers?

Spyder Garage

Default Gas Containers?

I am looking to purchasing a couple gas containers to carry in the trailer for "long hauls" and currently the best ones that I have identified are the Reda Innovations. They advertise that they are "vapor proof" (no fumes) and spill proof. Anyone using these or does anyone have other suggestions Thanks for any input.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

That's what I carry in my trailer and have been coast to coast in 111+ temps and have never had any leaks or fumes.

edit- darn ipad changed some of my text

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Jim
    I use the Reda based on what I read here in the forum. Works as advertised. 1500 mile round trip packed in with an extra qt of oil and rain gear. No fume smell at all.

Reda. Recommended.
    Last edited by SteveMac; 09-13-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have carried two REDA cans on every longer trip. I have never had any fumes or leaks. I do have to cinch the tops down past the last notch on the ratchet. I understand this situation has been corrected on the newest REDA cans.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info............I assume that they are only available on line

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    Thanks for the info............I assume that they are only available on line
    I had a credit at Amazon.com and I used that, so I know they have them. Since I got to use my existing credit, I think my kick in additional cost was like $4 or something. If I recall, the total was someting like $35 plus shipping.

Spyder Garage

I have two 1 Gal REDA cans that I carry in the left saddlebag and they both fit in there perfectly. I have never had a problem with fumes or leaking. I haven't needed to use them yet in an emergency but I like that warm and fuzzy feeling knowing I won't run out of gas.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White