Spyder Garage

Default Education from happy owners

A short time ago I responded to a non owner looking to buy a unit. I told him that I was going to sell my roadster. The main reason was all the reports from owners whom had various problems with there bikes. On this past sunday I received several emails that inferred that I did not enjoy my bike. One of the major themes in their reply was that this web site was an arena for most people to express there feelings about the problems that they have gone through and that like a newspaper it's not full of good news mainly bad. Now I will be the first to say that I enjoy the bike and so far it has not given me any trouble. However I was new to the bike and searching out for a web site that I could get some advice ( mainly technical ) on maintenance that I do on all of my cars and my Honda rice rocket. But like a newspaper I noticed a slant to alot of comments and this made me think that I had made a big mistake, and became fearful that this product was very unreliable. I thank all of the people for there comments as it made me feel more confident in my investment. And to the person who responded 3 times that I posted on the wrong forum, I hope that I did not post incorrectly. I don't think that you will be bothered by any futher posts.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi I am confused about your post. I don't think you made a bad investment at all. You've come to the best place for advice and help from other owners. Spyderlovers.com has to be the largest and most active Spyder community so it is the logical place for people to post questions about problems that they have. I hope you don't throw in the towel and sell your Spyder so quickly.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Don't worry--- both BRP and the great owners that are all on this site will have your back should you have a problem!

Ride it and don't worry!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

.........................just ryde and enjoy!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Like SpyderAnn01, I'm a bit confused about your post. Can't figure out if you have decided to keep your because you aren't having any problems or if you are still planning on getting rid of it because you are worried you will have problems. Your last line was perplexing, too...are you planning on not posting any more either so someone doesn't complain about the forum you are on? (Don't let that deter you...it's the way to learn your way around this site! RT guys are always posting RT stuff on the main web instead of under their RT section, guys are on Lady Spyderlovers, etc). You have to remember that the name of this site is SpyderLOVERS....most of us, even those that are grumbling about problems, LOVE our and wouldn't trade in the ryde for anything in the world (well, almost anything!). Sometimes the grumbling is actually a plea for help from someone that's had the same problem; sometimes it's just a session...when we complain that it takes 30 minutes to get gas because people ask about the , that's a good complaint (most of the time). I'm hoping you decide to keep your through thick and thin, enjoy the out of it like most of us do, and become another of BRP's unpaid ambassadors! We've got just over 19000 miles since last year, and we're looking forward to many, many more to come. My Z4 hardly gets driven any more...never figured THAT would ever happen just because a came and stayed in our garage! Here's hoping you keep your , enjoy the ride, don't have any major problems, (make it through them ok if you do), continue posting on this site, and grow to love your family. (Just like a real family, you won't get along with ALL of us! Ignore the ones that drive you nuts. )
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

I reread the original post four times and I think I get the gist of what is being said. I think,( and correct me if I'm wrong, fdunham1), but I think what is being said is that they jumped to a quick conclusion about their spyder based on many "problem comments" that had been posted. I believe that with passage ot time and use of their spyder that they have changed their mind about the spyder and love it. JMHO

Chris

Spyder Garage

2020 F3L , Magma Red

arntufun

I think he is talking about this thread where he posted before. No further comments on this from me.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...700#post370700