Spyder Garage

Default What happens when your Spyder stops?

That is, stops cold and wont move. Sure you have towing coverage but where do you go if there's no dealer anywhere nearby? I hate to be pessimistic but I had the same thinking when I had the BMW - too few dealers around. (Never had to have it towed.) BMWOA also had the Anonymous book which listed members all over the country who have put their name and contact info out there if someone needed help. Always carried the book with me.
    So I think I'm being realistic. Do we have anything like that here on the forum? Should we? What if you can't get on the forum to ask for help - should we have an emergency phone number to reach someone who could go online for you? Or do we just call BEST or BRP?
    Anyone have any other thoughts, would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

Default Help

Quote Originally Posted by dshogman View Post
    That is, stops cold and wont move. Sure you have towing coverage but where do you go if there's no dealer anywhere nearby? I hate to be pessimistic but I had the same thinking when I had the BMW - too few dealers around. (Never had to have it towed.) BMWOA also had the Anonymous book which listed members all over the country who have put their name and contact info out there if someone needed help. Always carried the book with me.
    So I think I'm being realistic. Do we have anything like that here on the forum? Should we? What if you can't get on the forum to ask for help - should we have an emergency phone number to reach someone who could go online for you? Or do we just call BEST or BRP?
    Anyone have any other thoughts, would appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    We already have this. Check "Spyders to the Rescue" on our homepage.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I had the gold book when I was part of the GWRRA. Listed names, numbers and how someone could help. The gold book was something that the GWRRA set up and your dues covered it as they would print out a new one each year. That is quite a lot to do, I think my membership with them was 55 a year. I joined it for the book, it was great to have,

Perhaps BRP should be looking at something like this.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Wow Bootie, there's a Homepage??? I have to admit, I've always gone straight to the Forum and haven't paid too much attention to the Homepage. OK, so there's a realtively small list of folks (geographically) who have volunteered to help you out. The question still remains, where do you have the towing service take your Spyder if there's no dealer within their towing range?
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

I have AAA+ that includes motorcycles & RV with up to one tow 200 miles & the
    remaining to 100 miles, $150 vehicle locksmith service
    24-Hour Emergency Travel & Medical Assistance

Spyder Garage

I have the BEST roadside assistance....the one time I had to use ...they found the nearest dealer/tech for my RT....I was dead along the road inthe middle of antelope country (WY)...with a dealer tech error...not a Spyder problem....BEST roadside was the best...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder dealer list

If you buy the Garmin Zumo GPS from BRP it comes with a list of spyder dealers loaded on it. I went the cheaper way and use a cheap garmin gps and loaded the Spyder dealer file on it. So no matter where you are it will list the dealers with the closest first.P9120001.jpgP9120002.jpgP9120003.jpg

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I have AMA, and Foremost towing, But the 3 times i broke down on the road , I called my 2 sons towing
    Towed it home then i made an appointment at my dealer and i towed it to the dealer.

Spyder Garage

BEST is programed in my phone. If you're out in the middle of nowhere, they know where closest dealer is. AAA RV will cover all towing expenses above the $200.00 that BEST covers.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

This is always a difficulty with one of the brands with fewer dealers. To be honest, we are probably better off than the BMW folks. There are a lot more Spyder dealers here in Michigan than BMW dealers. It is something you have to be prepared to face. With a decent balance on your charge card you can still be towed to a dealer, but you would have to pay the extra cost. BTW, be aware that Spyders to the Rescue is useful, but our numbers are way less than either the GWRRA or BMWMOA rosters, so helpers will also be few and far between...even if every Spyder owner in the country signed up.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is it possible to or even advisable to toe a spyder while the spyder is on the ground and rolling on it's tires. This is a worst case scenerio no other option.....If possible How????

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Is it possible to or even advisable to toe a spyder while the spyder is on the ground and rolling on it's tires. This is a worst case scenerio no other option.....If possible How????
    I think not,
    Spyders don't come with tow hooks for a reason, Now if your talking about just pushing it a little to get off the road way thats diffrent.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Absolutely not a good idea for more than a few feet to get it off the road. Even if it didn't hurt the Spyder, it would be exceedingly dangerous for the rider, with no power steering, no ABS brakes, and no nanny.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!