Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by recordingguy View Post
    Just a question. Is the clear tubing 1" id or 1" od.? Does make a dif. Thanks, Bob
    Bob, the tubing I purchased at Lowes is marked 1" ID x 1¼" OD.
    Dave
    Never leave well enough alone! (Raymond Loewy)

Spyder Garage

Default Size Matter

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    To prevent oil from running onto the pan beneath the oil tank when draining the oil, insert a 2" long section of 1" diameter clear plastic hose (available from Lowes) through the hole in the pan, and over the boss on the bottom of the tank. This will allow passage of the hex extension through the hose so that the plug can be removed. Once the oil has been drained, the hose can be removed and the plug replaced.
    Hey Sinkhole is that 1" OD or ID?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    What really bothers me is the oil that drools down all the cast cooling fins when you remove the trans filter cover.
    Towels at the bottom and carb cleaner?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Towels at the bottom and carb cleaner?
    Who dragged this old thread out of the weeds. Your answering a comment I made before I knew better. It's a lot easier and faster to stuff a rag into the cooling fins with a screwdriver.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    To prevent oil from running onto the pan beneath the oil tank when draining the oil, insert a 2" long section of 1" diameter clear plastic hose (available from Lowes) through the hole in the pan, and over the boss on the bottom of the tank. This will allow passage of the hex extension through the hose so that the plug can be removed. Once the oil has been drained, the hose can be removed and the plug replaced.
    I mentioned the oil problem to my mechanic and he agreed - it is hard to keep from getting oil in places where you would rather not. Great idea.... thanks for sharing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    The book [warranty] says Every 3 thousand miles. As far as the service light gos ,None on the Spyder.
    But on the ATV when the light comes on you might be able to reset it by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.

Bob, I believe the change interval was increased to 4500 miles. I do mine every 4K and keep track in a small notepad.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Bob, I believe the change interval was increased to 4500 miles. I do mine every 4K and keep track in a small notepad.
    Oil change mileage interval is 4600 with the new (longer) transmission filter.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

I haven't done the oil change yet on mine, so not sure if this is a good tool for it or not. A few months ago I purchase a green flexible rectangle that you can bend around to form a trough for oil changes. Have used it on an RV and a HD and it worked fairly well. Comes in three different sizes, unfortunately it is in my shop and I don't remember the exact name.