Spyder Garage

Default Lamont...is this a new server issue..

When someone writes a post/thread and it reaches the end of the number of characters allowed, the last word is repeated on the next line.

Here's an example (look at post 14 and 15): http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...860#post370860

Dochands,

Don't get upset. I was just trying to show Lamont an example. I noticed it happening to me first. In post 14 it shows as- station. station. and post 15- than than.

Of course there is always the possiblity that it shows that way on my PC only.

I just checked my Imac and it doesn't show there. I guess it may only be my PC.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    When someone writes a post/thread and it reaches the end of the number of characters allowed, the last word is repeated on the next line.

Here's an example (look at post 14 and 15): http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...860#post370860

Dochands,

Don't get upset. I was just trying to show Lamont an example. I noticed it happening to me first. In post 14 it shows as- station. station. and post 15- than than.

I don't see any repeated words on that thread.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default I say this is more of user issue...

...than server issue...

My everyday issue...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don't see any repeated words on that thread.
    I found the problem. It's on my PC only. I was at 100% zoom and when I go above or below, the double wording is gone.

Should I delete the thread?
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-08-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Everything looks fine to me. I'm reading this on my iMac.

Spyder Garage

I have also witnessed words doubling up at the end of a line and beginning the next line. Don't think this is a server issue. The same error does not repeat itself when going back through the threads. Maybe it's just how the ones and zeros decide they want to play at that particular point in time.
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've I've not not seen seen this this...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm actually now liking the new version of the board software...... with one exception. Only one.

When you post a new thread, reply, etc. The controls are VERY rich. Lots of options to center text, left/right justify, blah blah.

However if you have to go back an edit that post after the fact (VERY normal happening for me), not all of the tools are there. Hummmmmm..
    Might be worth bringing up to the vBulletin folks?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I've I've not not seen seen this this...
    THANKS for putting a BIG smile on my face, Bob.

Chris

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm actually now liking the new version of the board software...... with one exception. Only one.

When you post a new thread, reply, etc. The controls are VERY rich. Lots of options to center text, left/right justify, blah blah.

However if you have to go back an edit that post after the face (VERY normal happening for me), not all of the tools are there. Hummmmmm..
    Might be worth bringing up to the vBulletin folks?
    Hmm.
    That is odd Phil. When editing, I can go to "open advanced options" on both tapatalk and using IE9.0. But I don't have the rich text options or emoticons on tapatalk. Both are there in advanced with IE9.0??
    Last edited by SteveMac; 09-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Hmm.
    That is odd Phil. I can go to "open advanced options" on both tapatalk and using IE9.0. But I don't have the rich text options or emoticons on tapatalk. Both are there in advanced with IE9.0??
    I've never seen any way in Tapatalk to enhance the text either. That's why there are times I like to use IE9 or Firefox (my default) to answer and edit. I LIKE to enhance text to make it more readable with bullets, indents, justification, etc. Like this!!

I'm now editing my posted reply, and I have no way to turn off Centering. I'm attaching the screen shots of the Post Reply, then the Edit controls to show the difference.
    AGAIN!!!! Not a problem, only an observation.
    REPLY.jpgEdit.jpg
    Last edited by Phil; 09-08-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default is this a new server issue..

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post

Dochands,

Not sure what your referring too to to
    to to
    But seems to work fine
    fine
    fine for me
    me
    me........

Freebob....

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Phil,
    I just checked again and I do have all the formatting such as bold, center, left, bullets etc. (see screenshots below). I know we have had some problems with functionality in my website that I manage here at work, and it has all come back to IE9.0 and enabling "compatibility view" settings for all websites. You may already have that enabled, but if not, I included a screenshot of that also.

If you want to try this, just click on
    • Tools,
    • Compatibility View Settings
    • and then check "display all websites in compatiblity view"
    centered.jpgleft and bold applied.jpgcompatibility view.jpg

Hope that helps! (edited to be BOLD and Bright Red after posting..... LOL. Take care my friend!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I've never seen any way in Tapatalk to enhance the text either. That's why there are times I like to use IE9 or Firefox (my default) to answer and edit. I LIKE to enhance text to make it more readable with bullets, indents, justification, etc. Like this!!

I'm now editing my posted reply, and I have no way to turn off Centering. I'm attaching the screen shots of the Post Reply, then the Edit controls to show the difference.
    AGAIN!!!! Not a problem, only an observation.
    REPLY.jpgEdit.jpg

Last edited by SteveMac; 09-08-2011 at 06:03 PM.