Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    It's always good to hear about companies who are crappy. I won't do business with them, simply based on this thread alone. ESI isn't Verizon, or some other company that the government forces us to do business with. I've ranted about ESI's crappy instructions before. As for bashing... what the heck is a negative opinion? What? You're only allowed to make positive comments? Are official sponsors immune to criticism? This is the place we come to find out who's good to do business with and who isn't. If ESI has a lousy return policy and doesn't want to change it to suit their customers, then the best thing that could happen is they go out of business and be replaced by someone who deals with their customers properly, instead of taking them for granted as ESI apparently does. BTW, who cares if their return policy is published for all to read? If it's crappy... change it, or go out of business.
    I do like your style!!!
    Whenever I get my spyder back, I'd like to meet you for barbecue at redhouse in tehachapi along with anybody else in the neighborhood. I saw a red rs on hwy 58 near cal city with dual two bros, may that was you.
    Last edited by aka1004; 09-09-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I've been waiting to see if ESI was going to post on this but since they haven't and really don't need to explain their written return policy I will say they have given away more product on this board through contest here and were the first vendor to really go after the Spyder and produce after marked goodies for the Spyder. I think you guys should cut them a little slack here and maybe all the folks that won something on this board should show a little support too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    I do like your style!!!
    Whenever I get my spyder back, I'd like to meet you for barbecue at redhouse in tehachapi along with anybody else in the neighborhood. I saw a red rs on hwy 58 near cal city with dual two bros, may that was you.
    I love ryding up to Tehachapi.. sounds like a plan to me. I own a 2009 GS, it was originally silver, now it has a wrap on it from PowerSportsWrap.com (BTW, one of the very best companies I've EVER done business with!!!), so the red RS wasn't me. I drive 58 and 14 almost every day though. Maybe we could get Desert Spyder, and some of the folks in Barstow to take a cruise up to Tehachapi too. That'd be fun!

Back to the ESI situation. Lamont has a good point. In fact everyone who's posted so far has good points. A company can be very good in one aspect and terrible in another. Verizon is terrific in some regards, but they do so much business that they don't give a hoot about their customers. Perhaps ESI feels they are in a similar situation, which would also explain their silence in this thread. Similar return policies has been the reason I've stopped doing business with other companies. I feel if they're interested in your business, then they'll be customer friendly. This isn't the first post criticizing them, and as far as I can tell, they never take it to heart. But I could be wrong. I just try to keep it real, and like the Bob Seger song..."I'm not a number..."
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Spyder Garage

Default ESI courtesy

I know everyone has bad days at work. I have worked in the service secter for 43 years in the public. This was a first that set me back on my feet. Here goes'' I called ESI to place an order for hmt light for my 2011 rts $239.00 I am a firm believer in helping companies that help Spyder Lovers. I also wanted some answers on if they sold a warning flasher kit i could put in series with the hmt light. In the process of me getting this information from me to her, the retail receptionist butted in and said could you hurry up i don't have all day. Now mine you , i know i dont talk as fast in southern Illinois as other places do.
    Needless to say i spent my money elsewhere. Sorry for dragging this out.

Spyder Garage

Esi has always supported me well from a customer service standpoint- returns, exchanges and of course countless orders have all been handled quite well.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Spyder Garage

I've got lots of ESI stuff on my Spyder. In the 3 years or so that I've been dealing with them, they have been very good to me and their products are top notch.

I did have one return a couple years ago (my fault...ordered wrong thing) and it all went just fine.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    I've ranted about ESI's crappy instructions before. As for bashing... what the heck is a negative opinion? What? You're only allowed to make positive comments?
    If that comment was directed at me, bashing to me is when someone throws out a negative comment and doesn't explain.

Your crappy instruction comment isn't bashing; it's a reason you may not like them and you may have more. If I come in after that and just say they suck, that's bashing.

I know I'll be sorry for posting this b/c I didn't want this to drag on anymore.

Spyder Garage

Hey guys, time to chill out here. Too much negativity does no one any good.
    Time to move on!
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson