Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BBG 1500 Spyder ride to join?

Any interested Spyder riders to join one Finnish guy for Iron Butt BB 1500 Gold trip? My plan is to ride from Sherbrooke QC to Antiginish NS and back in 24h. Start will be on Sunday 18.9.2011 morning at 6 o´clock . I´d be happy to share that great and challenging ride with other Spyderists. Br. Lumiapina.

Spyder Garage

I hope you finish ! Did you have your bike shipped here. Did you move here ?
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, you are right this ride is tough even in theory. Plan is to use Transcanadienne as much as possible, Sherbrooke-Drummondville-Cabano-Antigonish and then back. So trip goes all the time in Canada. There are no room for more than very quick fueling and drinking stops, maximum about 5 min/ stop. Try to make it as Gold (24h) but could be changed as "regular" BB1500 (in 36h time limit).

Very interesting route your proposal, will use it next time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had opportunity to loan RT-S and during business trip could organize two days for riding.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    A BBG is a very challenging ride even when using the US Interstate Highway because you will have to maintain an average speed of 63mph over 24 hours. US Interstates will allow you to travel legally at 75 and in some places 80mph but I believe the max legal limit in Canada is 110kph (68.3mph). You will be using some Canadian secondary highways in your route so it will indeed be an Iron Butt ride. What is your officially planned route? Keep an eye out for the Mounties and the wildlife. Also remember radar detectors are illegal in Quebec. I wish you well in your travels and hope you obtain your goal. Keep us informed on your journey!

How's this for a route? http://g.co/maps/9byj

You have two ( 2 ) border crossings on this route.. And that could cost you hours. Of course depending upon traffic, border personel and time of day.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with your quest, my friend!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That´s one important reason to stay in Canada, no border crossing and loosing time. There should not be any borders between Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia (on Transcanadienne)?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, I´m just junior IBA rider with 4 trips.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    You have two ( 2 ) border crossings on this route.. And that could cost you hours. Of course depending upon traffic, border personel and time of day.
    Just mention my name at the border----they'll make sure to give ya the 'special' treatment......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Trip done! Had really great journey on Trans Canada. On my unofficial calculation I reached 1505 miles in 24h (started 05:13 and finnished exatly the same time next day). Let´s see what IBA inspector will say and if they accept as BBG.

That was as tough ride as could imagine but at the same time very injoyable Spyder experience. Was fortuned to have clear sun and moonlight all the way. Pilot and Spyder are almost perfect shape, vehicle had just minor damages on left side panels because of some garbage on the highway at night.

Also had satellite transponder with me, you could check track on this address http://www.ibafinland.fi/ibaf_cms/ .
    I´ll maybe write some story of the trip when back at home.
    Thanks for your support Spyderlovers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip done!!

It was as hard ride as could imagine . Started sunday morning at Sherbrooke 05:13 and finished ride at Drummondville the very same time. Could not be any tighter to manage time frame of 24 h. On my unofficial calculations done 1505 miles, but in case of too short ride drove extra 40 miles after good beak in the morning with a cup of coffee and sandwitch.

Sun shine and at night had moonlight from clear sky. Very injoyable ride and great Spyder experience! Overall everything went well, only minor damages to the vehicle when drove over some junk on the highway at night time. I had satellite transponder with me so track of the trip could be seen on here www.ibafinland.fi "Spot seuranta"

Thank you for your support Spyderlovers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip done !!

This was as hard trip as could imagine. Started Sunday morning at Sherbrook QC all the way to Antiginish NS and back. It was tight to keep time frame 24 hours; started at 05:13 and finnished at the very same time Monday morning. On my unofficial calculation drove 1505 miles until finnishing time. After good break with a cup of coffee and sandwitch continued extra 40 miles to at least assure BB 1500 in case of too short distance. Let´s see what IBA inspector will say.

Had very nice weather, sun was shining and clear sky with moonlight. Everything went good and it was injoyable ride and great Spyder experience. Only minor damages to the vehicle when drove over some junk on the highway at night time. Left lower panel crashed off, no damages to the pilot.

I had satellite transponder with me so could check my track from this website www.ibafinland.fi "Spot seuranta".

Thank you for your support Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok, this story went first to some bitspace and now ALL 3 versions come out anyway. Sorry about that.
    Yesterday landed Finland back at home and wait for reply from IBA.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Job done. Official IBA certificate for BB1500GOLD.

PS. To use "K" in Canada is inside joke coming from old Finish TV-show. Nothing to joke for Canadians, long story...

BB1500G.JPG

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiapina View Post
    Job done. Official IBA certificate for BB1500GOLD.

PS. To use "K" in Canada is inside joke coming from old Finish TV-show. Nothing to joke for Canadians, long story...

BB1500G.JPG
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default wow

You da man

Spyder Garage

well done..