Spyder Garage

Default My Satellite Radio Solution

I really liked the fact that our car has satellite radio, so I looked into having it on the Spyder. Well $449.99 was a bit steep I thought for a satellite radio. So I looked around and found an XM Snap radio at best buy for $39.00. Pros: it is a one piece so it mounts when you plug it into the trunk power port, I then send the audio out to the aux. input also in the trunk. For place ment of the antenna at first I mounted it on the outside of the top of the trunk, then I saw people noticing the antenna while parked in the local wal-mart parking lot. Went home and relocated the antenna to inside the skin of the trunk lid, so it is still on the top of the trunk. The antenna works great from there and have had no problems. Cons: With this set up I can only control the volume with the spyder radio controls but since I mainly listen to the 60s station it does not bother me. If I want a change in music, I change the channel when I stop for gas or a bit to eat. Must remember though, to always go into the trunk and turn off the radio. To me the savings of $410.99 was well worth it.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Great solution AC!! Especially for the price!

I added the iPhone XM app and I get pretty much all the same channels as the full units give (there is some rights issue with some of the channels on the iPhone). With that, I have full channel control, volume, etc. I'm bluetoothed to the phone so I get everything I need.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question though... The Missus and I are more familiar with Sirius; Do they offer that little sucker for that format???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default I think they are now the same?

Sirrius and XM merged last year.
    American Legion Riders/GA Patriot Guard Rider

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I knew that there was a merger, but I think that they operate independently. My MIssus has Sirius radio in her Jeep and it seems to me that they often list 2 different channels: one for Srius and one for XM when they discuss the various types of music that is available...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I knew that there was a merger, but I think that they operate independently. My MIssus has Sirius radio in her Jeep and it seems to me that they often list 2 different channels: one for Srius and one for XM when they discuss the various types of music that is available...
    Here is the website - it is now called sirius xm: http://www.siriusxm.com/whatissiriusxm Also, Thanks Lamont for the video and wow what a price, under 20 bucks.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info! At least I can tell the Missus that what I'm saving on the radio will pay for the subscription...