Spyder Garage

Default Shock Adiustments

I often read about adjusting the front and rear shocks for a better ride. I own a 2011 RT Limited. Can anyone tell me how to adjust my shocks. Also what settings give you the most stability, and the most comfortable ride. I weigh 214 lbs

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Get the weight off the wheels and turn the adjuster nut

Spyder Garage

spray the adjustment nut with WD40 to make it easier. You do want the shock to hang, so jack up the MC accordingly.
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Spyder Garage

Newsuan: If you bought it new, your front shocks are prob set on the 3rd notch from the top. Go up one to start with and you'll see a lot of stiffening. If you ride two up, go all the way up and if its too stiff you can drop down one without jacking it up. The tool in your kit is a guaranteed nucklebuster so I suggest you put on a glove.

Spyder Garage

I took my 2011 RTS SE5 to the #5 setting and boy did it make a difference. You gotta jack it up and yes it's a knuckle buster. I went straight to #5 from #3 but I'm a big boy (6-2/265ish) I was blown away at how the handling improved. It took out the lean in hard corners and is not all that much stiffer feeling on hard bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsuan View Post
    I often read about adjusting the front and rear shocks for a better ride. I own a 2011 RT Limited. Can anyone tell me how to adjust my shocks. Also what settings give you the most stability, and the most comfortable ride. I weigh 214 lbs

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take it up just one notch and see if that's more to your liking... (Small steps... )
    Tire pressures can also be used to firm up the front end...(But that's another thread!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black