Spyder Garage

Default Economy Satellite Setup

Here's my Sirius setup....
    I mounted the base directly to the rear tray in the trunk, used a short right angle stereo adapter with the mp3 adapter to plug into the bike. Plugged the power adapter in and set the antenna right in the middle of the tray.
    With this setup you will only be able to control the volume through the handlebar controls. And you have to remember to power off the Sirius radio or unplug it because it will stay on.
    As far as reception with the antenna being inside the trunk, I have only tested it once and it worked pretty good.....I will let you know after further testing.IMG_2644.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like that! Thanks for putting that up here; maybe now I can get the Missus to let me pull the trigger on some serious Sirius!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

When you get a chance, let us know how it works when the trunk is full. When I travel, the rear is pretty full and I would like to know where you would put the unit then and if things like a camera being in there and possibly sitting on the antenna would affect the reception. S.O. likes to put her purse in there also...

Thanks

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKnight View Post
    Here's my Sirius setup....
    I mounted the base directly to the rear tray in the trunk, used a short right angle stereo adapter with the mp3 adapter to plug into the bike. Plugged the power adapter in and set the antenna right in the middle of the tray.
    With this setup you will only be able to control the volume through the handlebar controls. And you have to remember to power off the Sirius radio or unplug it because it will stay on.
    As far as reception with the antenna being inside the trunk, I have only tested it once and it worked pretty good.....I will let you know after further testing.IMG_2644.jpg
    Great job!!! If I am not mistaken, I think SteveMac re-wired the stereo adapter all the way to the handlebars. If you can do that and attach the antenna in the front windshield, it would be a nice mod to have a better control of your satellite radio.

Hmmmm... I still have my old satellite radio console somewhere
    Last edited by bullant12; 09-02-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Garmin 665 for Sat Radio

I upgraded my GPS to a Garmin 665 which includes the Sat Radio. I Velcro the antenna to the top of the instrument panel so it is easily transported along with the 665 to cage. Works great at a whole lot less than the BRP option. Maybe that's why they offer only the 660. The 665 also delivers weather.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.