Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinspyder View Post
    Lately around here I have seen a lot of fellow motorcyclists not giving ANY courtesy waving , nodding or anything like it used to be when I was on my 99 GSXR. It went down hill from there with my R6 and on the spyder ... I would say maybe 4 out of 10 dont even look or acknowledge you riding , even when riding on 2 wheels , and today I had some ( I cant type that here) complain that I am parking my Spyder in motorcycle parking .Now my condo building management is on my side and will just add another spot for motorcycles, because we take up so much room compared. We have 3 spots for motorcycles one normal spot no lines etc. and the other spots are split . you would think that the Harley guy who looked and moved his bike out of the bike spot for me to park mine there would have rubbed off on this Suzuki Katana driving loser . BUT really where did the love go ???? Are our own people just turning away from being respectful of other motorcyclists or do they need a whoopin to teach them the unofficial rules of being a biker ?

Can we get like 40 spyders togther to overload my parking lot and make this guy realize hes being a tool ? ;P I wish we could I just hope nothign happens to my Spyder from this guy trying to " sho0w me whos boss"
    I can't help you much with your parking lot problem, but I'd like to address your point about courtesy waving.

I myself have begun to "not wave". In my humble opinion, it's a matter of timing. When you saw the occasional motorcycle on the other side of the road, it was a real big deal to wave to a fellow kinsman.

Now with so many motorcycles, waving can sometimes be a pain. Drive on the Mohawk Trail on a nice Sunday. If I waived at every bike I saw in the other lane, I'd be riding one handed most of the time.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We wave at one and all... about half of the time we're the first ones to start the acknowledgement of a fellow rider, so I'd have to say that here in New York, bikers are still pretty much... bikers!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post
    Or maybe they are on your provinces largest export BC Bud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Didn't really want to go down that path!
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIKEMIKE View Post
    I wave to everyone I don't mind if they don't wave back
    If they wave, I wave back. If I wave and they wave, . But if I wave and don't get one back, I just give them a mental " you".
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    If they wave, I wave back. If I wave and they wave, . But if I wave and don't get one back, I just give them a mental " you".
    If they don't wave back, I just figure they're newbies and scared to drop a hand.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...or they're on a Spyder that hasn't had the DPS replaced and they're waiting for the big "Uh-oh" to bite them on the bottom...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default waving

I wave or nod but sometimes I miss a few because I'm not looking in their particular direction at the time, so I guess the same thing happens to those that don't wave. Of course that doesn't explain those that look right at me and don't wave, but that is rare and I wave anyway!

I wonder about the "etiquette" of waving - does anyone know if you are "supposed" to wave across divided highways? Just curious.

Spyder Garage

I agree...since I work really hard at not having expectations (those things that just set me up for disappointments) I wave BECAUSE I WANT TO....not cause I have to or expect a wave in return...heck I know for a fact that there have been times folks have waved at me and I missed returning same....sure wasn't intentional just didn't...mind elsewhere or brain didn't engage fast enuf to return. My recommendation do what you want and love doing it just cause you want to.....

Quote Originally Posted by BIKEMIKE View Post
    I wave to everyone I don't mind if they don't wave back
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I use to ride mine to work and the HD and other riders went to the security guard and complained that I shouldn't park there and she told them that I have a right too and to live with it so than they went to my plant manager and complained and he kind of says things like you taking to much room up but I don't know if he is joking or what so I just don't ride it much any more to work just to keep the boys happy . They all park side by side anyways so I can't get in there so than I have to park with the cars and almost had two people run into it. I think they are jealouse mine steels the show lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRyder2B View Post
    I wonder about the "etiquette" of waving - does anyone know if you are "supposed" to wave across divided highways? Just curious.
    Don't think there's any etiquette to waving. Its personal choice. Hubby never does unless we're out in the middle of nowhere or under bad conditions and they wave first. I uphold the family friendliness by waving to all I can.

Across divided highways, out in the middle no nowhere, saw big waves. (Hand held out high.) In the city, don't see that many probably because of the traffic.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder11 View Post
    I use to ride mine to work and the HD and other riders went to the security guard and complained that I shouldn't park there and she told them that I have a right too and to live with it so than they went to my plant manager and complained and he kind of says things like you taking to much room up but I don't know if he is joking or what so I just don't ride it much any more to work just to keep the boys happy . They all park side by side anyways so I can't get in there so than I have to park with the cars and almost had two people run into it. I think they are jealouse mine steels the show lollllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    To be the Devil.s Advocate,
    Trikes do take the up space of two bikes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Smokinspyder;368494]Lately around here I have seen a lot of fellow motorcyclists not giving ANY courtesy waving , nodding or anything like it used to be when I was on my 99 GSXR. It went down hill from there with my R6 and on the spyder ... I would say maybe 4 out of 10 dont even look or acknowledge you riding , even when riding on 2 wheels , and today I had some ( I cant type that here) complain that I am parking my Spyder in motorcycle parking <SNIP>

I nearly always wave with a low extended arm. I nearly always receive a return with the exception of crotch rocket riders. I think they cannot wave because they are afraid they will fall off their bike. It's OK tho. They seem to be in their own little world. I can live with that. My Spyder has always been received well even when visiting 1% clubs. Most are very curious about the trike and have lots of questions. Some of these guys are getting close to my age and think about the day they have to give up two wheels. Everything is good!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah typically to be that guy that will be polite and nice I wave to everyone , unless im going into a corner or braking hard or taking off ya know stuff that like I would NEVER expect someone to risk their life on waving at me LOL . Lets just say if old boy mess's with my bike ALL the door men here know my bike I have expressed concern to the managment here they are well aware. Espically since today I got the big motorcycle parking spot not split into 2 spots ;P. Lets hope I dont have to either a call the cops , or B open up a can-o-whoop

Spyder Garage

I got lots more waves from other motorcyclists last season than I have this one. Around here it tends to be the crotch rocket riders that don't wave rather than the HD riders.

I've also had many fewer people stop and talk to me about the Spyder this season. I'm guessing it's because there's been some wide-spread advertising and they're becoming more popular.

Spyder Garage

I am a wayver i feel bad if i forget to wave or if I am not paying attaition
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

I'm a waver by nature, as it just feels right to me. I have so much fun on our Spyder that I really don't care if I don't get a wave back.

There was once a time when I wasn't going to wave until they waved first, and that seemed so un-natural to me, and caused me to over think about the wave I did or didn't get. Life's too short to let that get in the way of enjoying my ryde!!!

Bill

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I always wave and about 99% of the time I get a wave back or a wave com'n at me first and always return the wave. I even get the Harley crowd waving at me .

spydee owner

Default waving

I think this whole waving thing with bikers has run its course.
    In WW1, early fighter pilots would wave at the enemy when they ran out of ammo and the fight would break off. This was Chivalry.
    When the automobile first came in to being the early owners would wave at each other in kind of a camaraderie. Jeep (cj) used to do it, for the same reason.
    I assume early motorcyclists waved in a kind of brotherhood type of fashion (camaraderie) and I would suppose that one would even assist another if they were broke down on the highway.
    Does anyone even assist anyone else on the highways anymore or do most just make the assumption that the person on the side of the road has a cellphone and help is on the way?
    So, wave or don't wave, who really cares?
    From my personal experience, most sport bike guys get the spyder while a few Harley guys get it. It certainly seems that many Harley owners are in their own little world, and are oblivious to the fact that there are many other bike brands on the road, and that it is about riding, talking to other enthusiasts etc. etc.
    Just comes down to -in many cases- whether a person is maybe more or less social I guess.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didnt know that about the figther jets thats pretty cool to read !!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was so excitted to go out and get the wave and give the wave back. Maybe two days after I got my bike, I waved at this guy on a crotch rocket, He gave me the finger. I was so insulted.
    Here in Sudbury Ontario, it's 50/50. The ones that are nice, are nice, the ones that are not, are big time not. The other day, we were at a car/bike show...we got a lot of dirty looks, but then a lot of people came to ask us questions about the bikes. We changed our lights to Led light on our bikes. That's what people like. Then, we had two more spyders join us. Now I'm happy. We have Spyder friends

I'm happy to be a Spyder owner