Spyder Garage

Default Right side heat on 2011 RT Limited

I'm experiencing heat on my right side, so I purchased and installed ISCI Fan Cam on my bike, now it's hotter than before around the foot area. Heard about spyderpops reflective material that protects you from the heat. Does anyone have any experience with this situation

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Newsuan View Post
    I'm experiencing heat on my right side, so I purchased and installed ISCI Fan Cam on my bike, now it's hotter than before around the foot area. Heard about spyderpops reflective material that protects you from the heat. Does anyone have any experience with this situation
    I have the Fan Can and the lower Cat. Deflectors on my 2010 RT-S and while the heat is reduced in the areas of my original concern it has surfaced in new areas. I guess that dang heat will find someplace to go and usally where you don't want it.

All-in-all I am pleased with this setup

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

The Spyderpops radiator block off plate is the answer you are looking for. Inexpensive, easy to install, and it works!

Ephesians 2:8-9

Spyder Garage

Did you remove the belly pan on the right side? If not you need to do this. Also, get the LaBlock from SpyderPops. It will block off the upper opening but it requires the removal of the right side belly pan. The LaBlock reduces the heat but I still get some from the lower opening. Wish someone made a cover for this one too.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Default SpyderPops Works!

I normally ride in shorts (yes, I know, but am I really going to lay it donw?) and was really feeling the heat!

Had my mechanic install SpyderPops Block Off Plate and Cat Shields during my 600 mile service. I would say it solved 95% of the heat problem! On the hottest days I know the heat is there, but it's really quite bearable... on all but the hottest days, I no longer notice any excess heat.
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Newsuan and V Rider: get underneath and remove the belly pan, then dremel out a big hole on the remaining plastic pan under there. This will give the heat an easy out. On the lower exhaust port under the one now covered by the Spiderpop plate, get some thin aluminum; I used some flashing that I had on hand....cut it just a bit larger than the lower opening and work it up from the bottom so that it tucks in around the lower edge and the sides. Then put a screw into it somewhere to hold it in. Paint it black. This is what I've done and mine runs just as cool as it did before and I don't have the heat.

Since I like to prop my feet out on the lower wind wings, I went a little further with the Spiderpop plate and glued some foam around the edges where some heat still escaped and bothered me.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

BINGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Did you remove the belly pan on the right side? If not you need to do this. Also, get the LaBlock from SpyderPops. It will block off the upper opening but it requires the removal of the right side belly pan. The LaBlock reduces the heat but I still get some from the lower opening. Wish someone made a cover for this one too.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb My test trick

On my wife's rt limited, I went to the local boat shop and bought some 5/8 "clamshell vents". They usually mount on a boat to provide venting for the fuel tank.
    I mounted 3 to the right floor pan, in a kind of triange shape pointing toward the front. This SHOULD increase the airflow. No matter what speed she is at, that is how fast the air should be getting forced out toward the rear.

Just the kind of thing unemployed/retired guys come up with...We will see what happens..

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Clamshell

Do let us know if the clam shell worked on the RT Limited.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Must be something wrong with my 2011 RTS.......I have no heat problems. I get a little reight ankle heat whilst using the lower wings but its very tolerable. Heat was really a problem on my wing , you got heat from the ankle up past the knee on both sides and this was even using baker airwings. Wife has even commented about the difference in the heat. Ugly hole is what I hate , BRP should have installed a grille like the other side.

Spyder Garage

Amen Brother!!! I actually had the dealer check out several other Spyders when I picked mine up to make sure it was not simply missing. I was shocked when we found it WAS missing on all others on the dealers lot.
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze