Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Tunnel of Trees color tour in Petoskey, Michigan

The color tour date for the Tunnel of Trees is set for Sept. 30th thru Oct 2nd. We will be staying at the same Days Inn we stayed last year. Days Inn Petoskey
    1420 Spring St.
    Petoskey, Mich., 49770
    231-348-3900
    I have 10 rooms reserved under my name. Tell them you're with the Spyder group. Because we're riding motorcycles we get a 20% discount on the room.
    Hope to see you there.
    Bob Stein

Spyder Garage

Default Ride

Would love to find out more, live in Lowell, ride open to all? How large of group? Paula

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dogdays View Post
    Would love to find out more, live in Lowell, ride open to all? How large of group? Paula
    Hi Paula,
    First welcome to Spyderlovers. The ride is open to all. Joan, my wife, rides a Spyder while I ride a Victory. As I stated there are 10 rooms reserved under my name with more available if needed, just tell them you're with the Spyder group. Last year there was 6 or 7 Spyders in attendance. I'm hoping for more this year. While there is no set plan yet, we'll arrive sometime on Friday, have a little greet and meet and maybe go to dinner. We will do the Tunnel on Saturday morning, leaving plenty of time for everyone to do they own thing after. The Tunnel ends in Cross Village at Leggs Inn. Leggs has some of the best Polish food anywhere. Last year after we had lunch we continued north and crossed over the Big Mac as some of us had never ridden over it on bikes.
    Hope to see you there.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Working on it, Bob...after I address yesterday's failure of our A/C. Probably be next week before we can firm things up. I have a list of a number of other color tour roads in the area, too.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Working on it, Bob...after I address yesterday's failure of our A/C. Probably be next week before we can firm things up. I have a list of a number of other color tour roads in the area, too.
    HI Scotty,
    That would be great if you and Nancy can make it. Bring the list along, always up to do a side ride

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dogdays View Post
    I'm so excited to have another RT in town.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    AC failure? How did I miss the announcement. When did AC become an option on the Spyder.........

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Count me in....

...i managed to trade to get the day off. I will attend Friday and Saturday. Thanks Bob, for setting this in motion, see you soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    AC failure? How did I miss the announcement. When did AC become an option on the Spyder.........
    OK, smart guy! The good news is that a nice, sharp tech rolled into the driveway before lunch. He had a start capacitor on his truck. Upon replacing it he knew just by the sound that something further was amiss, so he proceeded to clean the evaporator coils. We're back in business...and the work was reasonably priced. I could have done it myself, but I would have been until next week getting the parts and coil cleaner. A sharp tech is worth every penny!

"It is in the 90s here today...no day to be without air conditioning," said the spoiled old geezer.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for putting this together. I think my wife and I will be there. Being still new riders and late in the season for us we will probably trailer the spyder up Friday evening, ride Sat, and go home Sunday. Once again thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post
    Thanks for putting this together. I think my wife and I will be there. Being still new riders and late in the season for us we will probably trailer the spyder up Friday evening, ride Sat, and go home Sunday. Once again thanks.
    Welcome to Spyderlovers. Because of my wife, Joan, arm issue we will probably trailer our bikes to Petoskey on Friday. Looking forward to the ride.
    Bob

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Devl and I may try to do this ride...we might be able to ride up Friday spend the night do the ride on Sat. then ride home Sat. afternoon...I'll know more shortly.

Spyder Garage

Made our reservations today. See you at the end of the month!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

We would love to make this trip with you guys BUT we are setting up a ride here in FL. Called Coast to Coast sunrise sunset on the 24th with the back up date of Oct 1st. Oh our ride go's from Daytona sunrise to Cedar Key sunset around 250 miles. Maybe next year you could put it out a little eariler so we could get time off from work to do the ride. Cj is from Tolodo, OH and now that she has her own ride { 2011 RS SE } she's all for it. Have a safe ride an show us some pic from the ride.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    We would love to make this trip with you guys BUT we are setting up a ride here in FL. Called Coast to Coast sunrise sunset on the 24th with the back up date of Oct 1st. Oh our ride go's from Daytona sunrise to Cedar Key sunset around 250 miles. Maybe next year you could put it out a little eariler so we could get time off from work to do the ride. Cj is from Tolodo, OH and now that she has her own ride { 2011 RS SE } she's all for it. Have a safe ride an show us some pic from the ride.
    The Fall colors don't start any earlier...unfortunately.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Sorry about that! what I ment by earlier was put it on the thread as a reminder so i can remember to schedule my vacation time off, that way I can do two things at one time. 1. Take CJ by her moms in Toledo. 2. I'll have a good reason to leave Toledo her mom can't blame me for not staying longer.
    that will work I think.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Sorry that Lynda and Myself will not be able to make this ride this year. We are going to our daughters basic training graduation in Texas.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks like if I'm gonna go on this one I'll have to do it on my own...Cindi's scheduled to work at the hospital that weekend....Have done this ride 3 times thus far and it never gets old..Always a good trip.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redshooter700 View Post
    Sorry that Lynda and Myself will not be able to make this ride this year. We are going to our daughters basic training graduation in Texas.
    Congratulations on your daughter's graduation. How did Lynda's trip to Memphis go and is she loving her new RT?
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Made our reservstions today!!! See you soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rock on Flygirl. We are an Air Force Family Congrats to her. My son's girl Friend just finished Basic. (long story) have a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by redshooter700 View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bitsy224m View Post
    WHEN IS THE LATEST WE CAN SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP
    I don't think there is any time limit but I would check out hotel availability as it may be a busy time up there.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bitsy224m View Post
    WHEN IS THE LATEST WE CAN SIGN UP FOR THIS TRIP
    As Anne stated there is no time table to sign up. I have 10 rooms reserved under my name, Bob Stein. When you call give them my name and mention you want to be with the Spyder group. When I called to set this up they told me if more rooms were needed there shouldn't be a problem. At last count, there are 7 or 8 confirmed reservations.
    Hope to see you there.
    Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think we can make this trip we've overspent our travel budget by about 300% and we've got to go visit the grandkids in October. So I'm wishing you good weather and good color.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default tunnel of trees ride

We want to ride up on Sat. to do the tunnel ride. When are you going to leave the motel to do the ride. We would like make a nice day ride out of this and ride with the gang. Hope to see you.