Spyder Garage

Default Mac user question

Has anyone upgraded to OS X Lion and was it worth it?

Lamonster,

If you read this, does it screw up Pandorajam?

Spyder Garage

I have not upgraded to Lion

Spyder Garage

I have upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion on my iMac and MacBook Pro. I am a HUGE Apple fan and usually upgrade the day it comes out. Is Lion worth the upgrade, I don't know, I was expecting a huge change and I would say it was moderate. I just checked Pandorajam... forgot I had it and I can tell you it works just fine on Lion.

Spyder Garage

Default Upgrade to Lion

My GF updated to Lion and is unable to see our 2 Terastations on the network. Apparently the issue is that the manufacturer (Buffalo) hasn't come out with a firmware update yet.

A good rule of thumb is to wait a few months for the other folks to update their software drivers, before upgrading your OS; there is nothing worse than having limited functionalilty because some piece of hardware didn't get updated.

Spyder Garage

I upgraded all 5 of my Mac to loin the first day and like it very much, I really like that I could upgrade all of my Mac for only $30. and did not have o buy a family license .It has many nice new features, but be warned it won't run older power PC programs, only programs that are Intel.so check to make sure the program has a Loin upgrade avil. before you upgrade,I heard Quicken is not going to make a Loin version.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tobor9 View Post
    I upgraded all 5 of my Mac to loin the first day and like it very much, I really like that I could upgrade all of my Mac for only $30. and did not have o buy a family license .It has many nice new features, but be warned it won't run older power PC programs, only programs that are Intel.so check to make sure the program has a Loin upgrade avil. before you upgrade,I heard Quicken is not going to make a Loin version.
    My only complaint is that it seems to run certain programs on my iMac just a bit slower than they ran under the previous operating system. Other than that, I like it, especially the price. I still wouldn't say that I "needed" to upgrade and I am not using anything that is new in Lion that I didn't have available to me before.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    My only complaint is that it seems to run certain programs on my iMac just a bit slower than they ran under the previous operating system. Other than that, I like it, especially the price. I still wouldn't say that I "needed" to upgrade and I am not using anything that is new in Lion that I didn't have available to me before.
    I have to agree. I like it but when you up grade to what ever is coming next you will probably end up with the lion features anyway and the price is good too.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Love lion, faster and some nice new features for 29.00. it will NOT run Power PC programs, so you would have to upgrade all of those also.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Lion

Yes and I have happy to upgrade. I had to learn the new ways of lion but well worth it