Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Save the Date for a Ryde!

How about a fall color ride in northern Minnesota? Looks like October 1st will the day that Les Caswell and I will be putting together a fall color ride. When more details are available I'll be posting, but in the mean while our tentative plan is to head north on hwy 23 (evergreen memorial drive) to Fon Du Lac then take hwy 210 through J. Cooke State Park (great twisties!) then wind our way back to Mora. Maybe we can convince Les to make more chili - the heat of it will feel good on a nice fall day! As we put together the final details I will post again.
    --Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Oct 1st Iron range A

OK OKI have announced that I will be going on a road trip to Minnesota (king of your castle can do that you know) So next I have a question or two.
    You may recall Michigan had designer shirts for day and evening wear. I have been in MN. in October ----will down filled T-shirts be available ?
    When a meeting place is chosen will it be near a Motel for early arrivals. As for fine dinning someplace with Coney's and Pasties would be excellent.
    I just had a thought----if enough people sign up ----I think we should spend one day cleaning a spyder from dirty town.
    Packed and ready to go.
    RTG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Default Up for the ride

Paula; Dates will work nicely for me. How about another pan of brownies to go with the Chili. Why not use the old Minnesota tradition and have pot-luck. We could all sign up for something. Les has been footing the bill for the other rides, let us help out with some of the food.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Well kids, it looks like we will need to change the date for our fall color ride, Les didn't check with the boss (Kaye) and found out they had a prior commitment. We are switching the ride to Saturday, September 24th. Further details will be hammered out and then I'll post the end result! Hope this date will still work for RTGene and MMcc!

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    Paula; Dates will work nicely for me. How about another pan of brownies to go with the Chili. Why not use the old Minnesota tradition and have pot-luck. We could all sign up for something. Les has been footing the bill for the other rides, let us help out with some of the food.
    Mike - It might have to birthday cake (Les' b-day) or maybe both! I'll check with Les about the Pot-Luck thing and put that in the post with the details in it.

--Paula

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    OK OKI have announced that I will be going on a road trip to Minnesota (king of your castle can do that you know) So next I have a question or two.
    You may recall Michigan had designer shirts for day and evening wear. I have been in MN. in October ----will down filled T-shirts be available ?
    When a meeting place is chosen will it be near a Motel for early arrivals. As for fine dinning someplace with Coney's and Pasties would be excellent.
    I just had a thought----if enough people sign up ----I think we should spend one day cleaning a spyder from dirty town.
    Packed and ready to go.
    RTG
    Gene - this is great, we would love to have you visit our fare state. As for a down filled t-shirt...Hmmm...not so sure you'll need it we could still be in the 80's at this time of year, at least during the day!!!
    We did have to change the date to: September 24th, hope that will still work for you.
    I will look into motels in the area and some wonderful Minnesota cuisine for you try while in our area.
    The fun filled activity of cleaning a dirty, salty spyder from Dirt Town, MN has been cancelled....the deed has been done...it's all clean and sparkling, at least for now. Maybe a photo will get posted to show us what color it truly is!!!
    --Paula

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    Gene - this is great, we would love to have you visit our fare state. As for a down filled t-shirt...Hmmm...not so sure you'll need it we could still be in the 80's at this time of year, at least during the day!!!
    We did have to change the date to: September 24th, hope that will still work for you.
    I will look into motels in the area and some wonderful Minnesota cuisine for you try while in our area.
    The fun filled activity of cleaning a dirty, salty spyder from Dirt Town, MN has been cancelled....the deed has been done...it's all clean and sparkling, at least for now. Maybe a photo will get posted to show us what color it truly is!!!
    --Paula
    I had a buddy say its not that clean, so you can try if you want Firm up the date and I will get the kings dirt town together and we can see what kind of trouble we can get in, Gene if you come up I will get you a hotel or if you want to stay in sethwoods acres you and all are welcome. Come ride with the kings of dirt town, its a strange feeling to not have to worry about anything other than crashing or bitching at people driving on your public track.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Seth - the date is firm Saturday, September 24th. We just need to finalize the start time and the actual route. Thinking of heading up 23 from Mora, hitting 210 thru J. Cooke State Park, then find an interesting way back to Mora. Of course there will be food too, can't have a spyder ride and not eat! I'll be talking to Les later today and we'll nail down all the details! --Paula

Spyder Garage

cool, I do not work that weekend SO i will be there, we could take 23 to aerostich, they close at 1600 on saturday, eat at the thirsty pagan in superior and go back thru jay cook state park on the way back to 35 and burn down,

93miles up and 125ish down.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride Details!

FALL COLOR RYDE
    September 24th
    9am - Meet at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN
    10am - Leave for the Ryde
    2+ Hour Ryde
    Snack & Gas Stop Planned
    (maybe Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet?)
    Pot-Luck Supper back at Caswell's

Les said that anyone that would like to camp-out overnight could pitch a tent in their yard, if it gets too late to drive home. There also is an AmericInn in Mora for those non-campers that want to stay in the area before or after the ryde. Looking forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some new spyder people too!

--Paula

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

FALL COLOR RYDE
    September 24th
    9am - Meet at Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN
    10am - Leave for the Ryde
    2+ Hour Ryde
    Snack & Gas Stop Planned
    (maybe Gordy's Hi-Hat in Cloquet?)
    Pot-Luck Supper back at Caswell's

Les said that anyone that would like to camp-out overnight could pitch a tent in their yard, if it gets too late to drive home. There also is an AmericInn in Mora for those non-campers that want to stay in the area before or after the ryde. Looking forward to seeing you all again and hopefully some new spyder people too!

--Paula

Just wanted to give this a bump - on a count of it being just around the corner. The news folks have been telling us that because of our weather conditions the past two years this should be a spectacular color season!!! Make sure you bring your cameras...we'll plan on photo stops along the way.

Please sound off here to let me know who's coming. --Paula

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Those of you who are planning on coming on this ride, remember end of day supper back at Les & Kaye Caswell's is a good ol' Pot Luck. There is a refrigerator and outlets to plug anything in you need to keep cold or hot while on the ride. If you can't pack it in your trunk or strap it on the seat! the is a very nice Coburns store in Mora - they have a great deli if you want to share something from there instead.

The trees are starting to turn by my house and we are 50 miles south of Mora, so it should be very pretty up that way in another week!

--Paula

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default response

Those of you who are planning on coming on this ride, remember end of day supper back at Les & Kaye Caswell's is a good ol' Pot Luck. There is a refrigerator and outlets to plug anything in you need to keep cold or hot while on the ride. If you can't pack it in your trunk or strap it on the seat! the is a very nice Coburns store in Mora - they have a great deli if you want to share something from there instead.

The trees are starting to turn by my house and we are 50 miles south of Mora, so it should be very pretty up that way in another week!

--Paula
    re
    Daivd and I will be there with bells on....LOL

Spyder Garage

I should be there, barring more than 6 inches of snow.

crash tester for:

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I should be there, barring more than 6 inches of snow.
    Did you really get snow up there? We had 30 this morning with a high of 54, and just MOnday we were in the high 80's! Slap the plow on the front and clear the roads on your way down! --Paula

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default So the 24th ride is now being changed to the Oct 1st ride?

Hey guys, are there 2 different rides or has it been moved to Oct 1

Thanks for the help.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Hey guys, are there 2 different rides or has it been moved to Oct 1

Thanks for the help.
    The October 1 ride had to be moved to September 24....Les Caswell had a prior commitment on the 1st. So hopefully you can make the September 24th ride.

Did you see that the Minnesota Chapter t-shirts are ready to be ordered? Just click on CAT Specialties on the homepage.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 24th. --Paula

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your ride sounds very interesting and I wish we could come up for it but we are committed to a charity event that day.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I will be there.

crash tester for:

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I will be there.
    It'll be nice to see you again...Butch is happy you are coming too. What are you bringing for the pot-luck? some of your famous "Seth" cuisine?
    --Paula

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Your ride sounds very interesting and I wish we could come up for it but we are committed to a charity event that day.
    One of these days we'll get you two over to Minnesota! --Paula

Spyder Garage

Default Meeting Seth

I have heard so many stories about our Minnesota legend that I am looking forward to meeting him in person. Carolyn and I will probably trailerthe RT up that day for our ride as a shake down test. Rigged the ATV trailer up for the spyder. Will not use the motorhome just the small truck for towing this time. We plan to leave MN the middle of October heading southeast to the Blue Ridge Parkway (another BRP) with the motorhome and RT on the trailer. Want to ride the dragon and other fun roads in that area before we head to So. California for the winter.

Spyder Garage

It'll be nice to see you again...Butch is happy you are coming too. What are you bringing for the pot-luck? some of your famous "Seth" cuisine?
    --Paula
    I am going to have to figure out that one, the stuff I make I should grill before, I just made the best cheezy beard chicken legs to date.

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    I have heard so many stories about our Minnesota legend that I am looking forward to meeting him in person. Carolyn and I will probably trailerthe RT up that day for our ride as a shake down test. Rigged the ATV trailer up for the spyder. Will not use the motorhome just the small truck for towing this time. We plan to leave MN the middle of October heading southeast to the Blue Ridge Parkway (another BRP) with the motorhome and RT on the trailer. Want to ride the dragon and other fun roads in that area before we head to So. California for the winter.
    I hope your up for some racing.

crash tester for:

Spyder Garage

Default Its hard waitting.

BandP
    I am ready again to go-----each day I check the weather and unpack the heated gear------then next day unpack the summer gear. I cannot unpack the rain gear----if I do it would rain each day.
    I should be in North Fork around supper time---if your free and can meet give me a call Friday---314-541-5969
    If I ask SethO to meet he would sneak off and leave me with the bill. He talks fast and sounds funny other than that I like him.

As fur the pot luck how 'bouts I brings soda---err--use call it pop. I can pick that up just down the road.
    I am ready to go north
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BandP
    I am ready again to go-----each day I check the weather and unpack the heated gear------then next day unpack the summer gear. I cannot unpack the rain gear----if I do it would rain each day.
    I should be in North Fork around supper time---if your free and can meet give me a call Friday---314-541-5969
    If I ask SethO to meet he would sneak off and leave me with the bill. He talks fast and sounds funny other than that I like him.

As fur the pot luck how 'bouts I brings soda---err--use call it pop. I can pick that up just down the road.
    I am ready to go north
    Paula, you better check Gene's saddle bags upon his arrival for this soda pop that he speaks of. He will tell you he is bringing it and then you will be told that it mysteriously fell out of his gear. Watch him.

Gene you need to make room for a snow shovel you just might need it!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BandP

I am ready to go north
    Gene it is yous guys silly. Get it right!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622