Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default just had my 3000 mile service done

Will just had my 3000 service done and it was 15.00 less than my 600 mile service and the same thing was done except the oil was 11$ and some change and the first time they changed it it was $13 and some change haven't had a chance to call them yet . My husband took it up there and didn't noticed the difference but I did . I was also haveing trouble with the belt making noise and now the tech has tighten it to 700 when it shouldn't be over 600 according to the manual but BRP told him to do this so If my barrings go out will BRP fix the problem since it will come from tighting the belt over what it should be ? really not feeling happy with the service from BRP and my Dealer . Wish I would have done my homework on these bikes better. I really don't think I would have bought one.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder11 View Post
    Will just had my 3000 service done and it was 15.00 less than my 600 mile service and the same thing was done except the oil was 11$ and some change and the first time they changed it it was $13 and some change haven't had a chance to call them yet . My husband took it up there and didn't noticed the difference but I did . I was also haveing trouble with the belt making noise and now the tech has tighten it to 700 when it shouldn't be over 600 according to the manual but BRP told him to do this so If my barrings go out will BRP fix the problem since it will come from tighting the belt over what it should be ? really not feeling happy with the service from BRP and my Dealer . Wish I would have done my homework on these bikes better. I really don't think I would have bought one.
    Only $15.00 difference AND the fact that your dealer has followed BRP's advice and didn't go by the manual??????
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 08-31-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Spyder Garage

I pay $9.99 per quart for the BRP blend at the dealer and the dealer does the maintenance. Of course others buy synthetic and pay less per quart. I'm just giving you something to go by since my dealer does the maintenance.

The belt tension for the GS/RS is/was 450 Newtons +/- 100. See here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...tension./page3

Something else you may want to have checked out. See here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...letin&p=195321
    Last edited by wyliec; 08-29-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default belt tighten

I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet but I will. I am so worried right now and if something goes wrong with it becuase of this will they fix it . I have talked to the attorney general before it went back up there and in the state of wv there is no lemon law on motorcycles but they are under the manufacture law and with that you don't have to wait until you have taken it back so many times which is good .They can be made to buy the bike back and pay me any money I have put out on it . I am going on a long ride this weekend with the hubby so we are going to see what happens. I really would like to know how i get in touch with Carlos so if anyone has any idea's let me know or how i get in touch with a tech from BRP.

Spyder Garage

Sorry you are having issues with your dealer. The biggy is the belt tension. If you will read your BRP manual carefully--you will find what us accountants refer to as "weasel words". What I am thinking of here is that there will be a statement such as "we can change specifications or optional equipment at any time--not responsible for printing errors--etc. etc. etc. "

When the manual was printed: They printed up information that was current at the time. It has been determined since then, that changes needed to be made to the specs on the belt tension. If your dealer is using CURRENT (sorry--did not mean to yell) information--then they will need to stand behind any adjustments that were made.

It would be helpful for us if those in the "know" would come on and perhaps verify what the current belt tension should be. I do not claim to be a mechanical expert--so I will leave that to others. Keep us posted.

I do think it is a little early for legal action or attorney general intervention. You have to give people a chance to correct things and work through the issues.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-30-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It would be helpful for us if those in the "know" would come on and perhaps verify what the current belt tension should be.
    The current spec is 450 Newtons, by the BRP sonic gauge, +/- 150 Newtons. This is per Roadster Service Bulletin 2010-6, which is listed on the SpyderLovers home page.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone I will keep everyone informed on this