Spyder Garage

Default R T Handle bar Bolts

Has anyone ever loosened or removed the 4 bolts that appear to hold the bars down ? If so what do we have under there ? Could we make a 1 inch spacer plate to go under and raise the bars ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Has anyone ever loosened or removed the 4 bolts that appear to hold the bars down ? If so what do we have under there ? Could we make a 1 inch spacer plate to go under and raise the bars ?
    I don't think no one has done a riser plate. Many have asked on rising the RT handlebars and has been shut down by others trying this, mainly because of the internal wiring involving mowing the handlebars.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

I'm trying to find out , if I loosen the bolts can I just lift the bars up and see for myself what I have underneath. I'll bet that none of the wires are hard wired so they could be lenghtened. Someone has had to remove those bolts before ?

Spyder Garage

I'm curious too. Rick, have at it...you can be our guinea pig!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Curious here too; waiting to see what you find... Good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hope you can find a easy fix to a bad handlebar situation!

Kewlmetal have a some in the works but mesg me that it was in development,see youtube flick on it

Dick

Gotfly?

Spyder Garage

I`m also looking for a adjustable handle-bar adapter .. here is a clip - maybe that helps
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very informative, and kind of depressing... At least now I know some more parts on my Spyder to just leave in place!

Spyder Garage

Chris Thanks for the info, I'm glad to see it's in the works ! Hey if you could send me some info on your shorter shield, and your lower seat. Pro's and con's, who their made by ? Thanks again Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Chris Thanks for the info, I'm glad to see it's in the works ! Hey if you could send me some info on your shorter shield, and your lower seat. Pro's and con's, who their made by ? Thanks again Rick
    I do longer toures with my wife - the seat was too soft and she sat too far away from me - no contact- we ryde here in the alps where the passenger also have to do a lot of work to bring the spyder around the curves .. now she has also better wind-protection and sits a little lower (like our old GS modell) - the smaller shield - we drive ALWAYS with helmets (other than here ??) - so I hated looking to all this plexiglas (spezial in the rain) .. needs now 5-10% less fuel - and is not so hot in the summer 8also the flaps are away on mine)
    the shield is Standard now 2011 and there is a new seat 2012 available
    I plan a plate where you can fix a standard biker handlebar (like on the superbikes) to adjust the angle for my hands .. (winterjob) .. after some hours they get painfully .. (have 20.000 kms / 13.000 mls on my RT)
    (sorry about my english .. hope the videos are easier to understand
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Chris Did you do the seat? If not where did it come from ? How much did you cut your shield down ( inches ) Thanks Rick

Spyder Garage

if I ryde behind a car .. I want to see his license plate "over" the shield ..so I cutted 2 inch ( I`m 70 inch ??) and another 2inch on the sides - didn`t need that air - protection there - now I use the up/down button more than before ..
    a retired friend helped me to "open" the seat - we used the plastic base and de-installed the cover and the foam from the original seat (can be remade if a new owner wants the original ) than we built up a new foam - and he made me the new skin ( worked till the morning ) .. and I repaired his satellite TV (10 minutes) ..time sharing ??
    .. in reallity I want a new "designer-skin" in the winter .. hope he gets a electrical problem soon

Spyder Garage

[/QUOTE]

Please don't worry about your English. We understood you just fine! Looking forward to future postings from you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Please don't worry about your English. We understood you just fine! Looking forward to future postings from you.[/QUOTE]