Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyspots View Post
    I would assume the factory uses a relay between the switch and the horn .....correct?
    I'm not exactly sure, but I remember that others had issues like blowing fuses and just not getting enough current to the stebel. I used the supplied relay and just tapped the factory wires to run my Stebel. I left the factory in so both horns actually blow.
    Last edited by jwulf74; 12-09-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure, but I remember that others had issues like blowing fuses and just not getting enough current to the stebel. I used the supplied relay and just tapped the factory wires to run my stable. I left the factory in so both horns actually blow.
    I have not heard of any spyder owners having "issues like blowing fuses" from using only the oem wiring, but I have heard that using both horns together (oem+Stebel) with a relay is the loudest combination of all...

Spyder Garage

Default Wiring colors off?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Photo #3 Shows the Nautilus in position. The RT's wire colors are Blue/beige (+) and Green/grey (-).
    Well I am having difficulty determining this combination of colors on my 2012 RTS Limited.
    Perhaps green/white & blue/burgundy?
    Below are the colors of the harness coming down from the windshield area along with it's factory part number:

color.jpgmodel.jpg
    Or is it one of the other 2 harnesses?
    Last edited by bn2wild; 07-22-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bn2wild View Post
    Well I am having difficulty determining this combination of colors on my 2012 RTS Limited.
    Perhaps green/white & blue/burgundy?
    Below are the colors of the harness coming down from the windshield area along with it's factory part number:

color.jpgmodel.jpg
    Or is it one of the other 2 harnesses?
    Thanks for your PM. Sorry, but I can't tell where you are with all those wires!

For my Nautilus fit I simply located the OEM horn wires, there are only two, an earth and a supply. The horn push makes and breaks the horn circuit on the negative side. The horn has a permanent live, which is how come you can use it even when the Spyder is switched off. Great for passing vandals to play with!

Finding them couldn't be easier, there is a convenient 2-wire in-line connector right where you need it, one side coming from the horn push-button and the other side of the connector going to the horn itself.

I unfastened the connector to take the OEM horn out of use and Positapped into the push-button side (as shown in the photo) and used these 2 wires to trigger the relay.

So far as I'm aware there is no difference in UK wiring compared to North American wiring except that in the UK we run separate lamps for our dipped and main beams.

There may be a difference in wiring and wiring colours between 2011 and 2012 RT models, I just don't know.

Come back to me if you're still having a problem with this.

Geoff.

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yes I the relay that came with the horn. tried again as instruction it still blows when I connect to battery. the relay must be bad I guess

Spyder Garage

Default Not enough thanks in the world for this excellent post !

Thank you for taking the time to show how to mount the horn. My dad taught me decades ago that "if it isn't made then make it yourself" and I had lost that outlook for the Can Am. Thanks for taking me back to my creative roots.

Spyder Garage

Default Can-Bus

Last edited by Spyder 42; 10-08-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Clarity.