Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I did not do the Heli-Bars or the power outlet. The rest (minor stuff so far) I did. I'm worried about messing with power stuff, so I may not do the lights myself either. We'll have to see.

I have the air dam and will be putting that on myself, unless something goes horribly wrong. I'm considering a new seat as well, which I plan to do myself.

Spyder Garage

Default Just saw this thread

I did the following mod's on our Spyder: HMT Brake Light, ESI Rear & Front Brightside, LED Mud Flap Light, Ram Mount for Phone and Glo-Riders. The Spyder Pop items were installed at Lamont's BBQ, got a great deal on parts with install too. Corbin Armrests, 12 volt Frunk outlet and BRP hitch were installed by the dealer when we purchased the Spyder in March.

Most are easy to do, you just need to take your time.

My winter project is an additional fuse box, to run heated gear and add more lighting.
    The Girlz,
    2015 Red RT-S SE5
    2015 Denim Blue ST-Limited SE5
    Black 2010 RT-622

Spyder Garage

I do all my own work.

I've done all my lights (too many to mention) Even have a side business installing lights on bikes.
    I've done foot pegs, the backrest, put on my (and my husband's) wraps. And I recently learned how to change the oil. Next I'm going to be changing the gaskets for the exhaust. I love it!

Tho my hands aren't very feminine.

My better half and the best dad ever!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydherLuv View Post
    I'm curious to know how many of us do our own mods. If so, what have you done?

I have an RT-S now and have, so far, installed the HMT LED light (3rd brake light). When I had the GS, I installed a comfort seat, spring mod for the frunk, ESI risers, up and out mirror extensions, ESI brake light, kuryakyn ISO grips, touring windshield, and HID headlights.

Hubby and I work on our bikes together. It's good time for us.
    With our current rides, my spyder being the one we have done mods on at this point, we did simple things, grip puppies, DIY Frunk spring hands free opener, DIY heat managment, and we fixed a wiring issue it had with the running lights. next is a riser block, just have to find the time, that's why its good for us to do it together. One of the most fun things we did was build a DIY trailer for his last bike which we will use with his new Victory and the hitch. That was for his Vulcan 800. The Vulcan is gone, but the hitch is still in the garage.

Thanks arntufun!
    Lisa K
    Work is needed to pay for living, but living is being on a Spyder.

My ride: A new to me, 2008 Spyder SM5 (PE #649)
    Her name: Foxy
    Her Mods: Fog Light Kit, Extra Brake Lights, Caliper Trim Kit, DIY Hands free trunk release,
    DIY air management, Grip Puppies
    , BRP back rest, RoadKrome Sturgis Hard bags, Hot Flame Wrap and Tiger Shark Face by Powersportswrap.com

Spyder Garage

Default Well ... im learning to do my own mods!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You can't blame the guys for responding. If most of them use SpyderLovers like I do they look at New Posts and seldom notice what forum the post is in.

I agree, Ooops i am in the Ladies room.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Ladies room

Make sure you put the seat down before leaving Joe.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Obviously, it takes very little enticement for these guys to respond and try to control this thread.

Yes, I am learning to do more on the spyder, like basic maintenance, though my farkles are few so far. Learning much from all the forums, where most of the postings are by the boys. Everyone is generous with sharing their knowledge.

Spyder Garage

No, I don't, to many back surgeries to bend. I come up with ideas and either my husband or Fun Center do the work...or some custom stuff. :-)
    araknd

Spyder Garage

Default Usually do mods together

I've done some minor mods myself, but most of the time it's a cooperative effort. He took the fenders off when we added the LED turn signals but my hands are smaller, so I did all the wiring/zip ties in the tight areas. Both of us are curious about how the Spyder is put together, so we usually work on it together so we can learn more about it.

I'm still afraid to take the rear-view mirrors off! It just seems like I'm going to break them. If he wasn't around and I needed to do it, I'd get over it in a hurry though.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Not Yet

I just got my Spyder last week and have not had a chance to mod anything yet. I do have the ISCI handbrake on its way. I plan on a few other things and I plan on doing them myself. I really like hands with my Toys. My husband will watch but really has no clue. That is just not his cup of tea.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox