Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default WI/IL to Spyderfest

I know its early.

With all the WI/IL bonding, we should have a great sized group heading to Cuba. So, what are everyones plans? I would love to ride into Spyderfest with a convoy of spyders.

So my plan is to leave early wed. and I have res. at the Wagon Wheel. That can change with everyone else plans.

So whats yours????

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

in.
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

I am in as well. Staying at Best Western.

It would be great to come in a large group

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvicker View Post
    I know its early.

With all the WI/IL bonding, we should have a great sized group heading to Cuba. So, what are everyones plans? I would love to ride into Spyderfest with a convoy of spyders.

So my plan is to leave early wed. and I have res. at the Wagon Wheel. That can change with everyone else plans.

So whats yours????
    Never too early to plan for Spyderfest!!

We are also at the wagon wheel motel. Look forward to meeting you.

Spyder Garage

CanAm-Y and I are going again. Probably staying at the Best Western. Only thing is we are planning to leave on Tuesday, April 24th. If anyone is heading down Tuesday and will be close to Quincy let me know and we can ride MO19 down to Cuba. It's a really nice ride down 19.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

We will be staying at the Super 8 again. We may leave Tuesday and take all the back roads, if not we are in.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Oops, correction...staying at Super 8 Papa, thanks for the hotels phone #

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had a blast last year at Spyderfest, Len and the MO gang did a fantastic job of putting it on. I don't know if I will be able to make it next year. I own my wife a 2 week trip to Alaska for our 30th anniversary. I was not able to go after my surgery and used up all my vacation time for this year. I will be that I can get the time off and do both.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    I had a blast last year at Spyderfest, Len and the MO gang did a fantastic job of putting it on. I don't know if I will be able to make it next year. I own my wife a 2 week trip to Alaska for our 30th anniversary. I was not able to go after my surgery and used up all my vacation time for this year. I will be that I can get the time off and do both.
    You know what they say - - If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy. Enjoy Alaska..
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

I plan on making a plan around april 20th...
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Default hi new to spyder

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    I plan on making a plan around april 20th...
    where is next year spyder fest thanks again

Spyder Garage

April 25th-29th Cuba, Missouri

Best time ever!!!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking forward to Spyderfest 2012

At today's group ride we decided to leave here early on Tuesday and head back on Sunday.
    Kelly (WildWoman) is booked at the Super 8, so I am going to try to book 4 more rooms at the Super 8 for
    Dan & Joyce Vallo
    Dave & Mel Duffa
    Mike & Ruth Kronvold
    Jim & Greta Lambert.

We will all travel as a group and hope to join up with others from the area.
    Greta Guth

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Reservations are confirmed at the Super 8. They still have approx 30 rooms left.
    Greta Guth

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2012

Greta thanks for getting rooms for us. Sounds like the area hotels are filling up fast. Should be a nice trip and we are looking forward to our first Spyderfest as new owners. What better way to enjoy it than with new friends.

Spyder Garage

What is the status of the Motel 6? Tried to make reservations but couldn't get thru. If they are closed that will hurt the number of available rooms in the area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    What is the status of the Motel 6? Tried to make reservations but couldn't get thru. If they are closed that will hurt the number of available rooms in the area.
    The Motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn and the Phone number is 573-885-0100. I guess they couldn't keep up to Motel 6 standards? That's scary. We are going to stay at the Best Western. We stayed at the Wagon Wheel last year and it was really nice except for the lack of sound insulation between rooms (at least our room anyway).
    Last edited by Y Rider; 08-31-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Wagon Wheel experience.. I shall not go there again.... no place to hang or put clothes, Took a day to get hot water, Quoted one price but charged another on checkout.. Tiny but clean and old.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

" The Motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn and the Phone number is 573-885-0100. "

Is this the motel that was Holiday Express ???

If not then what is it's name and phone number...

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    " The Motel 6 has changed hands again. It is now Chatau Inn and the Phone number is 573-885-0100. "

Is this the motel that was Holiday Express ???

If not then what is it's name and phone number...

Thank you
    The Chatau Inn used to be Motel 6 which used to be Holiday Inn Express.
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Wagon Wheel experience.. I shall not go there again.... no place to hang or put clothes, Took a day to get hot water, Quoted one price but charged another on checkout.. Tiny but clean and old.
    We had the same issue on our first night. No hot water and no heat. They had to bring us a space heater. I guess they weren't quite ready for prime time yet.
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I kinda liked it plain and simple. How many motels would let you bring a motorcycle into the lobby and work on it because its raining out. Will have to price it. It is in a good location next to Wally-Mart.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Im going to see if the wife will come with me , or even let me go . She knows I want to but I am not sure yet . Ill hopefully know soon so i can book a room !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinspyder View Post
    Im going to see if the wife will come with me , or even let me go . She knows I want to but I am not sure yet .
    if you need any ammunition. The week of Spyderfest is always on my wife's birthday and our anniversary and she let's me go. She probably has more fun on her birthday without me anyways.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

DAMN nice ill have to mention that in passing ;P . I really dont think she will care, its more of will she ride with me or what