Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Where do you get the maps?

Many of the posts end with a map showing where the author has traveled. Where does one down-load these?

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytime View Post
    Many of the posts end with a map showing where the author has traveled. Where does one down-load these?
    www.visitedstatesmaps.com will get you to the site. There are instructions on how to save the map that you generate. There is also a linjk on the same page for provinces, if you have visited any of them

Spyder Garage

Default got the map

ok got the map of where i have been,but how do i display it on my post?

Thanks

Dick

Got fly?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trucknrn View Post

Thanks

Dick

Got fly?
    The procedure has changed with the new forum format. I am waiting to post my updated maps as well. Lamonster will be updating the procedure according to an earlier post he made. Hold on to the jpg thou, I wouldn't expect it to be very long, knowing Lamonster!

Spyder Garage

Hey Star. Why don't you plan to come to Saskatchewan next August and ride with the good wife and I out to the mountains. Get all of these western provices stroked of the list all at once. We just got back a couple of weeks ago from Banff and Jasper and it was awsome. Wife says it was her best trip ever ( I don't let her get out much).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trucknrn View Post

Thanks

Dick

Got fly?
    If you can host it on another site (like photobucket or other ones), just click on settings on the top right of the forum, choose edit your signature and then click the Image button to bring up box where you enter the url where it is hosted.

Spyder Garage

You can also do it another way. Since there is no attachment button in the edit signature, you could attach the picture to any post of yours. Then after its attached, go back to that post and click that picture and make it full size. Right click on that picture and go to properties, and it will give you the url of that photo here on spyderlovers. Then do what I said above, except enter that url. If you put it on your own hosting site, it will never get deleted. I'm not sure how long Lamonster keeps attachments in posts, but most likely forever.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Star Cruiser View Post
    www.visitedstatesmaps.com will get you to the site. There are instructions on how to save the map that you generate. There is also a linjk on the same page for provinces, if you have visited any of them
    Many thanks Star Cruiser and all who responded.

God Bless

Spyder Garage

Default Lets see if I did it

YES!!!
    Last edited by JPV; 08-26-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by geoshmo View Post
    Hey Star. Why don't you plan to come to Saskatchewan next August and ride with the good wife and I out to the mountains. Get all of these western provices stroked of the list all at once. We just got back a couple of weeks ago from Banff and Jasper and it was awsome. Wife says it was her best trip ever ( I don't let her get out much).
    Hey Thanks for the invite Geoshmo!
    I was actually out there in July. Spent a few days in Melfort (North or Saskatoon) then down to Calgary, through Crows Nest to Abbotsford BC then North to Powell River. You are right...a GREAT Ride!
    I came home to Ontario through the USA Washington and accross the north states. I have to post the new maps and it looks like I might have the way to do it - thanks to some of these posts !
    Hope to meet up with my Brother-in-law (the Melfort guy) sometime midpoint, Maybe ThunderBay and take a week to ride in Northern Ontario. He just got himself a V-Star after I left SK