Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hindle-Baffle=AWESOME

I have been debating about removing my baffle from my Hindle Exhaust for a couple days now... I was really worried about ruining the sound quality or it being to loud. I decided to be a risk taker and took the baffle out today. Although it was a pain in the a$$ it was definitely worth it!!! Not to loud or annoying. I think it is just right, maybe Perfect!! My 2011 RSS has a much deeper rumble now and I couldn't be happier. If you have the CanAm Hindle, but you are looking for a little more... Remove that stupid baffle!

Spyder Garage

Default maybe a dumb question here but

Quote Originally Posted by PZOOM View Post
    I have been debating about removing my baffle from my Hindle Exhaust for a couple days now... I was really worried about ruining the sound quality or it being to loud. I decided to be a risk taker and took the baffle out today. Although it was a pain in the a$$ it was definitely worth it!!! Not to loud or annoying. I think it is just right, maybe Perfect!! My 2011 RSS has a much deeper rumble now and I couldn't be happier. If you have the CanAm Hindle, but you are looking for a little more... Remove that stupid baffle!
    How do you remove the baffle? Do you have any pics of it with the baffle removed so I can see what you are referring to?
    If you lost your virginity, do you still have the box it came in?

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108
    My Mods- Corbin Seat, Homemade exhaust, Kury ISO Grips, ISCI passenger floorboards, TRIC LEDS, Evoluzione o2 mod

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stutzmason View Post
    How do you remove the baffle? Do you have any pics of it with the baffle removed so I can see what you are referring to?
    Yes, please!

Spyder Garage

Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default No problem!

If you look inside your handle exhaust, you will notice a steel tube about 2" in from the opening. This is supported by 4 tabs that hold the steel tube center in the exhaust. If you shine a flashlight down the exhaust, you will notice a triangle Plate around the tube that is tack welded to the inside of the exhaust to hold it in place. Take a long screw driver and break the tac welds off the triangle. Then take wire and wrap it around the 4 tabs at the top of the tube. Wrap the wire around your hammer handle or whatever and yank the baffle out. The change in sound is amazing! Basically makes your hindle a straight pipe. It is very deep and throaty, bit not obnoxious. I love it!

Spyder Garage

Default Question

How long have you had the baffle removed and has it affected any thing other than sound quality? ie: do you have any popping, hesitation, or other issues?

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108
    My Mods- Corbin Seat, Homemade exhaust, Kury ISO Grips, ISCI passenger floorboards, TRIC LEDS, Evoluzione o2 mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How long have you had the baffle removed and has it affected any thing other than sound quality? ie: do you have any popping, hesitation, or other issues?
    About 3 days now and it keeps sounding better and better. If you like a deep throaty rumble of course...

There is no hesitation and my Spyder runs very smooth. I have notice very little popping if I really get on it and build the RPM's up and then totally rlease the throttle. But not really any popping when driving around, cursing, or on the highway.

I am going to get a power commander v soon anyway, so a little popping here and the that I have will be gone.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Took the plunge ... took the baffle out ..was a little work ... no real difference at idle but man o man when you get on the throttle it rumbles very nicely .... not too loud but definately a nice tone .... I recently put the o2 mod on so no popping involved on decel either ... NICE

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't get it,. there are people complaining about that pipe been too loud and you guys take the baffle out???
    I guess i will find out myself, i'm buying a pipe from one of the members,, i may be following your steps with the baffle

Spyder Garage

Default Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    I don't get it,. there are people complaining about that pipe been too loud and you guys take the baffle out???
    I guess i will find out myself, i'm buying a pipe from one of the members,, i may be following your steps with the baffle
    I would not say it was louder ...just toned differently .... I hear it as a deeper tone when ryding down the road ... like I said before ... I did not notice any real difference at idle ... it does not roar when you take off ... it just gives it a nice deeper tone

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That is the kind of sound i like, deep but not annoying!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would not say it was louder ...just toned differently .... I hear it as a deeper tone when ryding down the road ... like I said before ... I did not notice any real difference at idle ... it does not roar when you take off ... it just gives it a nice deeper tone
    I am glad you like it as much as I do! So the O2 mod really works? Where did you get it and was it easy to install?

Spyder Garage

I am glad you like it as much as I do! So the O2 mod really works? Where did you get it and was it easy to install?

http://evoluzione.net/evo-cycle-can-am.htm scroll down to the second item ... the o2 mod ....easy install ... my advice is to unplug the sensor from under the seat and snake the back under the bike before you unscrew the old o2 sensor when you are performing this mod or you or you run rhe risk of twisting the wires off the old sensor when removing it from the header pipe ... otherwise .. follow the included instructions .... all in all took maybe 20 minutes to install and have everything buttoned back up .... also .... you may get a few vss failures or other little hiccups on your first ryde after the install as the Spyder is remapping itself .... I ran it for 10 minutes ...shut the Spyder off ... let it rest for 20 minutes ... took it for a 15 minute spin ... got a few stalls( run it through a neighborhood or somewhere you can pull of safely if it stalls on you) ... let it sit for about 45 minutes ... then all seems to run great ... I swear that it seems like a totally new bike ...noticable difference in the ryde and NO POPPING !!!! BTW ...evoluzione service was great ...ordered it on a Monday ...had it Wednesday .... installed it on Thursday ... runs like a scalded a$$ ape now compared to before .... best mod so far
    Last edited by stutzmason; 08-27-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: to include short video

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108

Spyder Garage

Default Short sound clip

a short sound clip of the hindle with the baffle removed

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just removed my baffle. Not as loud as I suspected, Sounds like Two Bros. IMO. Seems to rev more freely. Now I have to remove my wife's baffle.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Stupid question;
    Can the baffle be reinstalled if necessary

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    Stupid question;
    Can the baffle be reinstalled if necessary
    No ... it pretty much destroys the baffle during the removal
    Last edited by stutzmason; 08-28-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: correct spelling error

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://evoluzione.net/evo-cycle-can-am.htm scroll down to the second item ... the o2 mod ....easy install ... my advice is to unplug the sensor from under the seat and snake the back under the bike before you unscrew the old o2 sensor when you are performing this mod or you or you run rhe risk of twisting the wires off the old sensor when removing it from the header pipe ... otherwise .. follow the included instructions .... all in all took maybe 20 minutes to install and have everything buttoned back up .... also .... you may get a few vss failures or other little hiccups on your first ryde after the install as the Spyder is remapping itself .... I ran it for 10 minutes ...shut the Spyder off ... let it rest for 20 minutes ... took it for a 15 minute spin ... got a few stalls( run it through a neighborhood or somewhere you can pull of safely if it stalls on you) ... let it sit for about 45 minutes ... then all seems to run great ... I swear that it seems like a totally new bike ...noticable difference in the ryde and NO POPPING !!!! BTW ...evoluzione service was great ...ordered it on a Monday ...had it Wednesday .... installed it on Thursday ... runs like a scalded a$$ ape now compared to before .... best mod so far
    Wow! I had no idea that the o2 mod made such a difference. I instAlled my Green performance filter last night. Now the spyder sounds even better! I have no hesitation, no sputtering, and no popping. All I am running is the hindle with the baffle removed of course, and the green filter. Do you think because my spyder is a 2011 that the computer can adjust for the no baffle and more airflow? It seems to run perfect and now I a
    Worried about installing the o2 mod. I don't think I need it... What does the mod do? Or should I just give them a call? Any advice would be great! Thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default baffle remover

I have a HMF muffler and it sounded allright but not what I wanted. My brother has a valkyrie with the six straight pipes. When he starts his up it drownes mine. So what I did is drill out the six pop rivets on the end where the exhaust comes in. I used a 1/4" drill bit. Inside there is insulation. Not like the kind in a house. It is wraped like a blanket. I took that out and have an all together sound. Might be a little loud for some people but not as loud as the valkyrie. No popping and no issues.

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to confirm: this more or less changes the NOTE of the exhaust, not the volume, correct?

I don't like loud pipes, but I definitely want a different exhaust note than stock. The stock Hindle is about the right level of volume for me, but I like the Two Bros note better... removing the baffle on the Hindle might be a competitive option.

(BTW, has there been any progress in addressing the "rattling" problems with the Hindle? My guess is no... )
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!