Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gremlin bell

Spyder Garage

Default Gremlin bell

We were given a gremlin bell for our RT. I noticed on the Harley's they are attached to the bottom of the bike. Has anyone attatched one to their RT and if so where. Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have mine attached to the shift lever bracket which won't work if yours is a semi automatic.

Spyder Garage

On the lowest part of the bike,mine is on the brake pedal arm.

Spyder Garage

There is a whole lore on the gremlin bell. Published in a way earlier post. Use the search function if you want to read about it.

Most people agree that it should be mounted as low to the road as possible.

I mounted mine on the shifter button with a wire tie--on the RTS.

On my Vulcan--its on a saddlebag buckle.

I have been using gremlin bells for years--so far so good.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I put mine on the anti-sway bar.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default OK, I will bite....

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post
    We were given a gremlin bell for our RT. I noticed on the Harley's they are attached to the bottom of the bike. Has anyone attatched one to their RT and if so where. Thanks.
    A gremlin bell? Is it a superstition? Safe riding kind of thing? Details please.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GASpyderLady View Post
    A gremlin bell? Is it a superstition? Safe riding kind of thing? Details please.
    Google it you'll learn more then you need to know.

Spyder Garage

It is a superstition thing. I searched this site for gremlin bell and there are a number of posts about it. We bought one and attached it to the right handlebar. We gave some friends one and they returned the favor, so now we have two. The second one will be attached low to the ground. Not sure where yet, but I know low. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GASpyderLady View Post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Giving the other guys a break.......

Also known as "Guardian Bell".

FYI: it took the sane amount of time to cut and paste this as it took for you guys to type - "do a google search" or "search the threads" and whatnot.

Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves on to motorcycles for as long as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bell onto your bike, the Evil Road Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where potholes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift.

Spyder Garage

Okay--I chased the thread down--here it is.

Many years ago, on a cold December night, a crusty old biker was returning from a trip to Mexico with his saddlebags filled with toys and other assorted trinkets for the kids at a group home near where he worked.
    As he rode along that night thinking how lucky he had been in life, having a loving riding partner that understood his need to roam the highways and to his trusty old pan that hadn’t let him down once in the many years they had shared the road together.
    Well about 40 miles north of the border, in the high desert, lurked a small group of notorious little critters known as road gremlins. You know, the ones who always leave little obstacles like, one shoe, boards, and pieces of old tires on the road, and also dig those dreaded potholes for bikers to run over and crash, thus giving the road gremlins a chance to rejoice over their acts of evil.
    Well, as the lone wolf of a biker rounded a curve that moonlit night, the gremlins ambushed him, causing him to crash to the asphalt and skid before coming to a stop next to one of his saddlebags that had broken free. As he lay there, unable to move, the road gremlins made their way towards him. Well, this biker, not being one to give up, started throwing things at the gremlins as they approached him. Finally, with nothing else to throw but a bell, he started ringing it in hopes to scare off the dirty little gremlins.
    About a half a mile away, camped in the desert, were two bikers sitting around the campfire talking about their day’s ride, and the freedom of the wind blowing in their faces as they rode across this vast country. In the stillness of the night air they heard what sounded to them like church bells ringing, and upon investigating, found the old biker lying along the roadside with the gremlins about to get him. Needless to say, being part of the biker brotherhood, they preceded to ward off the gremlins until the last ran off into the night.
    Being grateful to the two bikers, the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each one. He then placed them on each of the biker’s motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old road warrior then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid.
    So, whenever you see a biker with a bell, you know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life—friendship from a fellow biker.
    The Purpose of the Guardian® Bell

Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.
    Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.
    If you pick up a Guardian® Bell of your own, the magic will work, but if your bell is given to you, the power is doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.
    So, if you have a friend who doesn’t have a bell, why not give them one? It’s a nice feeling for the recipient to know you care. The bell, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bikes owner, will help eliminate Evil Road Spirits
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't need no stinkin' bell to ward off the road gremlins...I use my .357!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I don't need no stinkin' bell to ward off the road gremlins...I use my .357!

Love it!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am trying hard to remember, but when I got my first one it was called a demon bell and not a guardian bell, and had the story about the potholes and such. I have had them on all my bikes since I was 17... and that is why I have to try hard to remember back that far....

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Only you Jack well maybe Doc, Forrest
    Last edited by johnnyg; 08-16-2011 at 04:54 PM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I use both!
    Me too. The bell is for the Gremlins you cant see and the gun is for the ones you can see.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Mine is connected to my brake pedal very short so it can't get hung up in anything.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee, I am impressed. You are double protected. I just went out and bought a Tarus Judge as a backup for the ones I can't see....

I use both!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think I am about the only one here that mounted their bell high, but I figured the farther those little "buggers" fall the better!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Our Bells...

Nothing sez who must give the bell to you, so SWMBO gave me mine,
    His Bell.jpg
    and I gave her one (reminiscent of her first solo ryde when she hit a turtle)
    Her Bell.jpg

("But I missed it with the front tyres!")
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 08-16-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    I think I am about the only one here that mounted their bell high, but I figured the farther those little "buggers" fall the better!!
    But them gremlins might catch on sumpthin 'fore they hit the road!
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 08-16-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I use both! (Oops, mines not a .357 its a .44 BullDog ! )
    Coke (Dasani - bottlled by Coca Cola) and firearms...Just don't mix
    Last edited by Yol Bolsun; 08-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    I've got mine up on the license plate bracket also... Let the fall kill 'em...
    Either that, or my .45...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check this guy's bell out...

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is where we put the bell we were given:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12