Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a wild ride Glad you lived to talk about it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

WOW,Glad you are able to tell this story.i am going to have to re-think my riding gear as I rarely wear my full face helmet in warm weather or leathers.I just figured if I had a wreck of that magnitude that I would not survive but you are a living testimony to the contrary.Hope you heal quickly and yes you should probably play the lottery.

Spyder Garage

Glad your here to tell the story; I have been lazy about the full gear since I bought the spyder. Your experience has made a big impression on me and I will try to do a better job of gearing up before I ride. Please continue the updates. Heal fast.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are going to be okay.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The gear limited your injuries but the helmet save your life.
    Note: if the victim is not breathing, take off the helmet and perform CPR. Otherwise, the helmet is only to be removed by a physician or EMT.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Note: if the victim is not breathing, take off the helmet and perform CPR. Otherwise, the helmet is only to be removed by a physician or EMT.
    Doc thanks for posting that info.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    I wish this was printed in large letters on every helmet ever sold. Nothing is scarier than the thought of someone removing your helmet after an accident.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

SCARY+...reallllly glad all will be ok. for quick healing and thanking HIM for your safety....take care. Thanks for posting.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Glad you are OK...God was watching over you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stutzmason View Post
    Glad you amde it with only minor injuries ... and glad you are on the positive side of the statistical data ... Kudos to you for wearing gear that saved your life ....God Speed a quick recovery and kiss your wife and daughter ..... Thanks for the post
    My sentiments exactly.

Carmelo

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

glad you are here to remind us to wear full gear.....they sell full riding gear for a reason....you are living proof.....thanks....glad you are OK

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Speedy Recovery

Smart move wearing full gear. Glad no one was seriously injured. Wishing you a speedy recovery and safe riding.

Regards,
    Stanley

Spyder Garage

I live in Charlotte. If you need anyone to take more pictures or do anything, please let me know.

Thank goodness you are ok. regardless of the cause, freak accidents do happen. Last time I had an equipment failure, it also sent me to the hospital.

The human body is amazing. May you heal fast, and be back the two or three wheels of your choice soon.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad you are ok, i had a similar experience with a motorcycle, a badly strapped lather jacket found its way to the rear tire, by the grace of god the tire did not lock up; it was me and my wife with NO GEAR AT ALL (i know,, that was stupid) it slowed me down from 80mph to 55mph in a milisecond, talk about scary and confusing at the same time, that was the eye opener for me.
    I showed your post to my wife just in case she ever wants to ride without gear again, which she does not,,,

Spyder Garage

glad to hear your ok or not too bad,hope you heal fast.keep us updated and hope you get a new spyder out of this crazy reck.sounds like something got stuck in the wheel.thanks for posting.

Spyder Garage

Wow! You are lucky to be alive. Though it wasn't all "luck". You did a lot of right things to ensure you come out of something like this alive. Wishing you speedy healing and an uneventful recovery.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Good to hear you are ok. Hope you heal quickly. When you are ready jump on and ryde again.

AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Wow bad news bud, great info on gear and securing luggage. Always nice when someone shares their misfortunes to help others. Thanks for the lesson. Heal up quickly.

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

So thankful you are still with us. I agree with others that your experience while wearing riding gear will save other lives. Our prayers are with you.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad to hear the good lord was looking out for you.
    Happy Owner * 2013 RT Limited, 2009 RS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Yeah, reading this thread makes me seriously contemplate junking my soft bags for the hard bags. I know the odds are that nothing bad will ever happen, but this is proof that when bad things do happen, they happen in a hurry.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

It's wonderful your able to tell us the story after going thru such an ordeal. I am going to look into some better gear for personal protection. Kiss your wife, give your daughter a hug then have an ice cold beer and heal quick ! It's obvious the big guy was watching over you this time.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motavar View Post
    ...Right now my guess is that maybe one of my bungies failed that held the bag on top of my seat. Or maybe one side came off and got sucked up and dragged the bag with it...
    Wow, what a get-off! Happy to hear you're going to be OK with no serious or lasting injuries. We believe in ATGATT, too, regardless of the temps. Our only exception is maybe a short and slow ride to dinner when we might wear jeans instead of riding pants. But you were wearing the right stuff at the right time.

Now, about the bungies ... IMHO that may have been the source of your error. I never fasten luggage with bungies for two reasons: 1) those things can be dangerous if they slip our of your hand when you trying to attach one, and; 2) The really don't hold all that well. I always use straps to fasten down luggage and have never had it come loose.

When you get a chance to review the condition of the bike and learn more about possible causes we'll all be interested in hearing more. So glad you're OK!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

You were lucky and glad you're ok!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Wow. Glad you're okay. Sure looks like the lefthand saddle bag got pulled down under and jammed things up. Sure would make me think twice about using soft bags again!

I've locked up my rear tire on purpose (dropped from 5th to 2nd or 3rd - killed the engine and dumped the clutch) - and the spyder indeed gets pretty squirrely pretty quick.....

Looks like the bike will be a total loss-- but I'd see if you can buy it back as salvage and part some of it out--- I'm sure someone out here would like to buy the motor and have some fun with it....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!