Spyder Garage

Default RT Drivers Backrest

Has any body found any other backrest then the one from Utopia ?I would like to get one but $225 is a little much right now. Ever seen them on e-bay ? or a cheaper site ? Thanks

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Has any body found any other backrest then the one from Utopia ?I would like to get one but $225 is a little much right now. Ever seen them on e-bay ? or a cheaper site ? Thanks
    I have a Corbin backrest. I love it. It's probably a bit pricey if $225.00 is high.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default Availability

I have the Utopia and love it. I would recommend it and I don't think anyone else makes one for the stock seat? Corbin seats have the driver backrest option but you must buy a seat as well, lots more money!

Spyder Garage

Default RT Driver's Backrest

I taled with Marty at Corbin about an hour ago. My RT has a Corbin seat but no backrest for the driver. After an MRI revealed I have two herniated discs, my doctor told me to get a backrest. I have looked and the price of $239 seems standard.

So...as he was about to press the magic SALE button, I asked if there were any discounts for old people. Lo, and behold, he said there were only discounts for military, police, and fire! Aha, I qualified for the military discount of 10%. Just wanted to share this for anyone who could qualify.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that the new seat on the 2012 Limiteds is available as an accessory, and they're showing an optional backrest for it.
    But if $225 is seeming a bit high, then this one will knock your socks off!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure to get a Corbin back rest you need a Corbin seat. After saying that just because you have a Corbin seat that was ordered without the back rest you may not have the part, hole or cover to install a back rest if ordered after.
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Utopia Pricing

The Deluxe cover back rest for the RT is currently $289.00

The Can Am Spyder RT now holds the distinction of being the highest priced back rest currently being offered by Utopia. We even beat the price for the BMW K1200 LT back rest by $64.00. and the
    Goldwing GL 1800 price by $100.00

We are officially the best......

DOH!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    The Deluxe cover back rest for the RT is currently $289.00

The Can Am Spyder RT now holds the distinction of being the highest priced back rest currently being offered by Utopia. We even beat the price for the BMW K1200 LT back rest by $64.00. and the
    Goldwing GL 1800 price by $100.00

We are officially the best......

DOH!
    Or, most gullible. Most expensive doesn't necessarily mean the best (except for Utopia's wallet).

Having said that, rickm, pricey tho the Utopia's are, (imho) if you have an RT in the first place, then, set back a few months and just budget for one. You will not regret having one (well, except when mounting it, there are a few tense moments)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I Agree - wait until you can afford to do it right (the Utopia is wonderful!!) , don't try cheap and regret it later

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

All kidding aside.....the Utopia Backrest, for me, was the first and best mod I ordered for my RT back in March of 2010. I was one of the fortunate ones that purchased from the first production run and the price was lower because they probably did not have the final costing details before setting the price. The Delux Covering matches the RT seat perfectly and is definitely worth the extra coin in my opinion.

I agree 100% with others who are urging you to save your pennies in order to buy this unit. The sticker shock will eventually wear off and your back will thank you after spending hours in the saddle.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Utopia

I've had 4 or 5 Utopias and they have all been superb.
    I've got 8 vertebrae welded together (ok, bolted into one piece) and the Utopia is the only reason I can ride for more than 30 minutes and that's on a good day. The seat is superb. I couldn't bend over long enough to put it on, so combined it with some other things and got it installed in 20 minutes by a young wizard at a Spyder Dealer as part of some other "things"

You'll never regret spending the money.

Tuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe the optional backrest for the 2012 is the passenger backrest.

Spyder Garage

I found a used Corbin with a back rest so I'm good to go, Thanks Rick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rt backrest

We all agree the utopa is the best, i too have back problems, after rechurching the utopa i found the best price barnoon was powerSports4less i even got free shipping.The free shipping may or may not still be on, check them out befor you buy. my question for the day is when moving your gps on the rt from the factory mount on the handle bars do i need to buy eanything to move it to the dash, ill be doing that mod shortly. I live in idaho and love winde roods, infact from Idaho City to lowman and banks is like the dragon road, chalenging and a great ride.

Spyder Garage

I had the Utopia back rest installed on the RTS stock seat before I drove it home for the first time. I did not like the stock seat, so replaced that with a Corbin and Corbin backrest. That is what I have been using for over 20,000 miles now.

Seats and backrests are personal, and one persons "best seat" is anothers "agony seat"

Unfortunately, we are into high priced items when it comes to comfort accessories. $200 and up for a backrest seems pretty much par.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rt backrest

If you still have that utopa back rest i know someone that is looking fore one but cant pay full price.

Spyder Garage

I do have the Utopia and original seat--but it is the embroidered Premier Edition Seat with #474 on it. I am feeling that I need that to stay with the bike.

When I trade the RTS off for the new improved, bigger engine, etc. etc. etc. I will pull the Corbin seat and either put in on the new whizzbang spyder or sell the Corbin.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rt backrest

Thanks for the come back, understand i would do the same buy the way witch wizbang moter were looking for or should i say hopping for. BRP seams to be more cruser then speed deam, even though i would like more power, i would like some of the featurs ive got to work in my faver like better millage. The last bike i totaly rebuilt was a 1978 GL great bike soldit to buy my retirement toy.

Spyder Garage

I found a used Corbin with a back rest so I'm good to go, Thanks Rick
    I've been looking for a year. Where the heck does anyone find a used Corbin seat, they are like gold!
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I recall seeing on on EBay a whle back... They ARE pretty rare...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Big Bike Parts Back Rest

I found one sold by "Big Bike Parts" and it $199.00. The link is http://www.bigbikeparts.com/TradePoi...yName=Can%20Am It seems to be a very nice backrest, and there is a video that shows step by step how to install. I am also looking to get one, and not sure whether or not to get the Utopia or this one. But for $25 bucks more the Utopia has gotten a lot of good reviews......

Spyder Garage

Default Utopia Driver's backrest....

Just got and installed the Utopia Driver's Backrest, well worth the price and convenience. You will love it.

Spyder Garage

there is a RT seat and backrest on the for sale page at a decent price right now.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer