Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Rivco floorboards installed

Just installed the Rivco floorboards on my .

IMG_0108_2.jpgIMG_0109_2.jpgIMG_0107_2.jpgIMG_0110_2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfee View Post
    Nice...

Annnnnd? The verdict is?

How far out does it bring your foot to the side of the brake pedal? Is it comfortable using the brake? What about those "sport" pegs? They look a lot shorter than the regular pegs, are they useful or a nuisance?

Thanks for any info...

P.S. I ordered mine three MONTHS ago... they finally shipped my order this week.

Well, most of it; the "free" highway pegs included in my purchase are still being machined, they say another three weeks on those.

Don't get me wrong, the RIVCO customer service has been first-rate-- they always answered my emails promptly-- but when I ordered off their website, they said nothing about being out of stock for the entire summer.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Oh, and how was the install? Straightforward, or frustrating? Did you lift your Spyder, or were you able to do it flat?

Lastly... how's that Ultimate seat? I'm thinking that's my next purchase, but I'm debating between that and the Corbin (I dig the fuel door, heated option and leather, but the Ultimate looks like a better fit, not to mention a better price).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

who makes the ultimate seat?

Spyder Garage

Very nice looking floorboards. Let us know how you like them.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

never mind, ultimate seat a sponser here

Spyder Garage

I ordered them on Sunday and had them by Thursday, so shipping was quick for me. I had my dealer install since I don't have the tools needed to install, so rather than buy tools I took the easy way out. The install is straight forward with the brackets connecting to the same place as the motor mounts and then to the just below the foot pegs. The pegs are alright, just a little small, and I use them off and on. The break pedal does get in the way some when I want to stretch out though. I'm finding I'm using my heel more on the break now. All in all they seem to be pretty good. I'll find out more when I travel to Nashville at the end of the month.

I like the ultimate so far as it is more comfortable than the stock seat, but have had some second thoughts about it as I really like the idea of the fuel door on the corbin seat and the ability to get the Lamonster cut with it.

Bill
    Last edited by wolfee; 08-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

I ordered them on Sunday and had them by Thursday, so shipping was quick for me. I had my dealer install since I don't have the tools needed to install, so rather than buy tools I took the easy way out. The install is straight forward with the brackets connecting to the same place as the motor mounts and then to the just below the foot pegs. The pegs are alright, just a little small, and I use them off and on. The break pedal does get in the way some when I want to stretch out though. I'm finding I'm using my heel more on the break now. All in all they seem to be pretty good. I'll find out more when I travel to Nashville at the end of the month.

I like the ultimate so far as it is more comfortable than the stock seat, but have had some second thoughts about it as I really like the idea of the fuel door on the corbin seat and the ability to get the Lamonster cut with it.

Bill
    Thanks for the review. Wish *I* had ordered them on Sunday, I've spent forever waiting for them to show up on my doorstep.

Spyder Garage

can you post the stock no.for them or a link to the right floorboards .i went on the sight and never could find the right floor boards that fit the sm 5.let me know,thanks.

Spyder Garage

Oh baby do they look sweet ! Got to love the Vegas White.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Part # is CA020 Driver Floorboard Set With Heel-Toe Shifter For The Can-Am Spyder RS/RS-S

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=435&page=1

It comes with all the parts for Manual Shift or Semi-Auto transmissions. So now I have the heel/toe shifter parts in my garage.

Bill

Spyder Garage

Wish they had a floorboard solution for the RT. This is exactly what I am looking for.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

nicest rider and passenger set up i have seen http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...detailedImages

Spyder Garage

Default love the white

love the white, love the boards. they look just like harley bagger boards. either way, they look excellent.Is it possible to mount them farther forward?
    Last edited by coz; 08-14-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Y Rider View Post
    Wish they had a floorboard solution for the RT. This is exactly what I am looking for.
    I heard that they are in the process of making one for the RT as well.....I would call them.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Default Rivco passenger floorboards 09 SM5

I ordered mine on Ebay from Wilson Cycle. Most of their products include free shipping. Hope this helps.
    American Legion Riders/GA Patriot Guard Rider

Spyder Garage

Default Really nice.

Great looking Wolfee. Really nice. Well done. Keep us posted and thanks for the pics.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Just took my first trip since installing these boards, made the whole ride a lot more comfortable. The only problem was my sore butt after 200 plus miles each day even with the ultimate seat and air hawk cushion. All in all the floorboards made a difference in my comfort on the trip. May have to contact ultimate to see if they can offer some ideas on getting some relief while parked this winter.

Bill

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default floorboard

Does anyone make these for the RTS?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default floor boards

Sorry I didn't read far enough, I see these are for the RS, sorry.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just installed the Rivco boards on my '09 RS SE5 and what a difference! Controls are still reachable with the short sport pegs and the floorboards are just perfect for me. Contruction and quality of the product is first rate (all steel and rubber) and the installation was very easy and straight forward.

It took a few miles to get used to it all but I would not swap them for anything now. There are at least three riding positions that I have found so far. On the short pegs, on the pegs with toes resting on the boards and flat on the boards with the pegs not folded. Plenty of room to move around and while on the boards the position is similar to the RT.

They do look like HD bagger floorboards but I can live with that!

Spyder Garage

Any tricks on installation? I just got mine powdercoated flat black thursday and am going to be installing mine shortly.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Easy part is hooking up to left and right driver peg mounts. Hard part was the engine mount bolts. There is not much room for my short fat fingers! Also be careful about the amount of tourqe you put on the engine mount bolts so they stay tight but don't break off! Follow the shop manual required settings for tightness.

Spyder Garage

IMG_0108_2.jpgIMG_0109_2.jpgIMG_0107_2.jpgIMG_0110_2.jpg
    I wish they made them for the RT. Really nice floor boards.

Spyder Garage

Default hello

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Oh, and how was the install? Straightforward, or frustrating? Did you lift your Spyder, or were you able to do it flat?

Lastly... how's that Ultimate seat? I'm thinking that's my next purchase, but I'm debating between that and the Corbin (I dig the fuel door, heated option and leather, but the Ultimate looks like a better fit, not to mention a better price).
    i just grab some floor boards. could use some help.