Spyder Garage

Default How do you lift your Spyder

I have been using a Motorcycle Jack to lift my RT of the Floor to work on it. Thought about modifying my Motorcycle lift to accept the Spyder but two problems with that idea. The lift was about 14" to narrow and, once the the Spyder was on the lift I still couldn't get under it. So this is what I came up with. Works great.

IMG_0530.jpgIMG_0532.jpg

spydee owner

Default lift

Don't really know why a person needs to get under the bike. All the service work and tire changes can be done with a jack or ramps.

Spyder Garage

this way when someone drives by the garage looks empty

Spyder Garage

So, are you using a standard two-post lift? It looks like you just used it with one of the rear frame supports extended. Looks very versatile. I'd like some details. If you could also rig a way to lift a two-wheeler, it would lift everything in my garage...2, 3, and 4.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thats just showing off cool hoist though......
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Lift details

First of all, I didn't buy the lift to lift the Spyder LOL. The lift is a 10,000 lb. Lift that I have had for years. It is a two post lift with 4 arms that pivot under your vehicle and lift under the frame. I welded up some square tubing that cradle the wheels and pin on the end of 3 of the 4 arms. I do prefer standing when working on anything as opposed to crawling around on the floor. ( mainly cause I am older and have a short memory. I never remember the tool I need until I am in the prone position lol.)
    Anyway, if you have a lift and need more info. I would be glad to share it with you.

Spyder Garage

I just added this to my MOD's list. I figure the wife will think its for her Spyder. That is so cool, I want one. Just wish I had a big enough garage for one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Talking

Personally, I start by assuring it that it is of great value to me and explain that is why I lavish it with expensive mods, then I say how terrific it looks, and I really love its latest wrap, then I assure it that I will undoubtedly be spending lots more $$ on it in the future. This seems to lift it up and makes it purr like a kitten.
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!