After a couple of month's of great riding weather, the season is already starting to turn. Last weekend I began to notice yellow leaves appearing in some of the low areas. In most places, the Devils Club--a white flowered, thorny weed, has already lost its white and is turning to fall faded green.

A week later, whole trees are already going to yellow. The fall weeds have bloomed and there is now a lot of red stuff showing up in the low lying areas. In another two to three weeks, the fall colors will be quite noticable all over. It snowed on the high mountains during the week, and they now have a covering of snow at the very tops.

The temperature has dropped from the mid to high 60's in the day to mid to high 50's. Nights are 40's now. There is a fall feel to the air. We had cold and steady rain pretty much all last week--and its predicted through Tuesday.

The riding season really goes fast here. I am a die hard, and will continue to ride my motorcycles until the first snow hits the highways. (about mid-October). A lot of people put their bikes away by end of September. It looks like I wont be wearing the mesh jacket or the fingerless gloves to many more times. The liners are ready for the jackets and pants--but hopefully not for a couple weeks.

Most of you will say it beats the sweltering temps that you are encountering in the lower 48--and I will totally agree with you on that. Just a little information about Alaska summers--and the quickness of it.