Thread: Corbin question

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin question

I am considering ordering the Corbin seat, but I have some questions for those of you whom use this seat.
    1. Is there the same amount of room under the seat? I have a fuse box installed under the stock seat, and need that room. Is there any room taken up by the heated seat model?
    2. Does your sitting height change significantly with this seat? Does the "Lamonster cut" change seating height much?

Thanks.
    Joe
    2010 RTS and 2013 RSS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by packbuckbrew View Post
    I am considering ordering the Corbin seat, but I have some questions for those of you whom use this seat.
    1. Is there the same amount of room under the seat? I have a fuse box installed under the stock seat, and need that room. Is there any room taken up by the heated seat model?
    2. Does your sitting height change significantly with this seat? Does the "Lamonster cut" change seating height much?

Thanks.
    Joe
    I can't answer # 1. As for # 2 the Lamonster cut has a bit more "scooped out" effect. I find that I sit just a tad bit lower, but I also sit more forward as well. (meaning that there isn't much seat in front of me as was with the normal cut). I'm 6' and have an inseam of 31 inches.

The advantage that I find with the Lamonster cut is that I don't move around nearly as much as compared to the normal cut when taking corners. I seem to really "fit into" the seat real well and I like it much more than the normal cut.

You might ask how is it that I know to compare? I initially had the normal cut and when I went to have my "rider backrest" repaired, it required getting a new seat. (for free I might add). When asked if I wanted the same seat, I opted for the Lamonster cut. I'm really glad I did too.

Hope this helps. (as least as to #2)

Chris

Spyder Garage

Love my Corbin heated seat with the Lamonsters cut !!! As far as the heated element goes, it doesn't take up any extra room. The under seat area is somewhat tighter than stock as the tool pouch doesn't fit there any more. There is a small amount of room and you might squeek in your fuse box depending on its size .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Joe, I wouldn't take any chances, I would take photos of what you have under the seat and dimensions if necessary, and email them to Corbin and see what they say. Also take a pic of your self sitting profile . Or better yet if you can go to a local ride event and see if some others have a Corbin you can sit on. This is a custom made fit if you want the best for your butt, so if at all possible it would be worth riding out to Corbin and having them install. It should be about 2300 miles there and feel like only 50 back . THe adventure priceless

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Worst seat I have even had, way way too hard. Never got any better over time just harder, if it was not for the smuggler trunk I have I would throw it away.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Custom seat

If there is any way you can take the ryde down to the Corbin factory in Hollister, Ca do it. You can ryde in and have the seat made custom to fit you and your needs. I'm 6'4" tall and always felt that my legs were bent uncomfortably on the stock seat. The fine folks at Corbin took care of that by raising my ryding height and setting me back and inch or two. I just got back from Spyders in the Redwoods doing 300+ miles each way and each day. Much more comfortable than 50 miles with the stock seat. And, you can have a custom stich job and colors of your choice in any combination you want done while you wait. (Oh, by the way, I asked for the "Lamont Cut" and was told by the fine folks at Corbin that there is no such animal.)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    My advise is to go with a Russell Daylong since it is built on the stock seat pan so you'll know it all still fits. Besides there is no better seat IMO!
    +1
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Just FYI...it is the LaMONSTER cut...and Freddy & Julio at Corbin/Hollister know about it...cause I requested it and then they started "designing" for my style of ryding and the Lamonster cut was not part of my "needs" ..I have about 1700 miles on new seat...I loved it first mile and have not a complaint...I looked at the Russell, but the fuel door was #1 priority for me.....Didn't Forrest (of the famous triangle trip) get that plus other tweaks to fit him?

Quote Originally Posted by jvirga View Post
    If there is any way you can take the ryde down to the Corbin factory in Hollister, Ca do it. You can ryde in and have the seat made custom to fit you and your needs. I'm 6'4" tall and always felt that my legs were bent uncomfortably on the stock seat. The fine folks at Corbin took care of that by raising my ryding height and setting me back and inch or two. I just got back from Spyders in the Redwoods doing 300+ miles each way and each day. Much more comfortable than 50 miles with the stock seat. And, you can have a custom stich job and colors of your choice in any combination you want done while you wait. (Oh, by the way, I asked for the "Lamont Cut" and was told by the fine folks at Corbin that there is no such animal.)
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

You may want to consider finding a custom seat maker in your area. It will cost less usually and it will be just for you. I did that route and now have a custom seat made just for me. Cost on mine was $500.