Spyder Garage

Default RT handle bar risers

Does anyone know if you can raise the bars on an RT-S ? If so where can you get the stuff ? Thanks Rick

Spyder Garage

You have a couple of options that I know of:

Can-Am Riser: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Spyder.../dp/B0035QDIG4
    Aftermarket: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm

The second one is much more expensive. For that one, click the link and go about half way down the page and you will find it.

I don't have experience with either, but the first looks like it will raise the entire handlebar up about 1". The second gives you 3" and raises the grip up from the handlebar.

Let us know what you decide on. I am about 6' 2" and am thinking about something like this as well.

Spyder Garage

Rick,

I have a 2010 RT-S. I am not aware of any risers available for the RT. The links above are for the GS/RS models.

David
    David
    McKinney, TX

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BitSlayer View Post
    You have a couple of options that I know of:

Can-Am Riser: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Spyder.../dp/B0035QDIG4
    Aftermarket: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm

The second one is much more expensive. For that one, click the link and go about half way down the page and you will find it.

I don't have experience with either, but the first looks like it will raise the entire handlebar up about 1". The second gives you 3" and raises the grip up from the handlebar.

Let us know what you decide on. I am about 6' 2" and am thinking about something like this as well.
    Sorry, these items are made for the RS, not the RT. There are no aftermarket handlebar risers made for the RT model at this time.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Hey, thanks for the correction. I would hate to steer anyone wrong and glad you spoke up since I have been looking at them or myself.

Just out of curiosity I looked at the second link specifically and did not see where it mentioned they were not for the RT. Am I missing that bit of information somewhere? I only see the SE-5 and SM-5 mentioned.

Thanks again!

Spyder Garage

I'm afraid that there are a few vendors (and owners, too) that don't realize that SM-5 and SE-5 are really transmission designations that apply to both models. That's because the GS-SM5 was introduced first, then the SE5 version followed several months later. Some products did not fit both variations. As products came out they were subsequently labeled for one or both. When the RT came out these listings were often not updated. It always pays to double check with the vendor to see exactly which model and which transmission of Spyder any accessory fits.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!