View Poll Results: Dates you can make(you can pick more than one)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sept 17

11 55.00%
  • Oct 1

10 50.00%
  • Oct 15

12 60.00%
  • Oct 29

7 35.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Dates for 4 state ride

Since I started this mess we are picking dates that I can make.

We can do the sept and oct deal if people can make it. The more ridin' the better

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I can make it September 17th or October 29th. I have to keep the other dates open becauce I am trying to score some tickets to Lambeau field on the 2nd or the 16th.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can make it September 17th but October 29th is out. I'm available most other weekends.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman View Post
    I can make it September 17th or October 29th. I have to keep the other dates open becauce I am trying to score some tickets to Lambeau field on the 2nd or the 16th.
    Is there a marching band competition at Lambeau?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 17th might be hard for us to do but I think I could twist my arm and make myself go on any of the other weekends.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If we go you'll have to change the name to Five State Ride!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

That's probably doable...what do you think John? 5 States?!?! in October? --Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Is there a marching band competition at Lambeau?
    I don't know about the marching band. I was looking at the SUPERBOWL champs schedule and the September home dates fall on the 2nd and 16th. Maybe you can just walk up to Ford field and get a ticket, but you can not do that at Lambeau. There is a chance I will not get any tickets, therefore will be able to go any weekend on the ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoman View Post
    I don't know about the marching band. I was looking at the SUPERBOWL champs schedule and the September home dates fall on the 2nd and 16th. Maybe you can just walk up to Ford field and get a ticket, but you can not do that at Lambeau. There is a chance I will not get any tickets, therefore will be able to go any weekend on the ride.
    You're so easy to get a rise out of!!! I hope you get your tickets.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Explorer53525's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So does this mean that October 15 is the winning date?? I am hoping to plan another October ride weekend so don't want to cause a conflict. Did the other states vote too?
    Greta Guth

Spyder Garage

Default So far...

Looks like 9/17 and 10/15 are the best dates. They seem to cover more riders. (Sorry Jedd) I'll do both days. We will figure out details a little later but for now, these are the 2 dates for the 2/3/4/5 state ride.

As far as 10/29. WI & IL riders votes. Maybe we can get something a little closer to home on that day. Maybe ride through both the North and South Kettle Moraines. Suggestions welcome.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Updates?

John, are these days official? I will mark them on our calendar (in PEN) Any idea what time we are going to meet up in LaCrosse? Our dealer and I have put together a little ride on Saturday, August 27 (9am @ Caswell Cycle in Mora, MN) if you get me a few more details I'll pass it on to the MN riders that come that day. --Paula

Spyder Garage

Default Quick update

Sept. 17 & Oct 15. Are official. MN & WI will meet in La Crosse (time & place tbd, waiting for Troy to get back from Sturgis). With The locations of the IA and IL riders, it looks like Davenport may be a good starting place for them. I will let those riders figure out their meeting point. now if they start further down the Mississippi that would move the midway point. So the ? Is where do the 2 groups meet?

Dubuque? Maybe take over a town like Guttenberg?

Suggestion?
    Last edited by jvicker; 08-27-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

I still like the SW part of Wisconsin, it's just so pretty in that Prairie Du Chien area, just my 2 cents! --Paula

Spyder Garage

I have off the weekend of 10/15 and trying to see if i can get a sitter lined up so Jim and I can go. What is the time frame we are looking at? leaving friday?
    I need to make sure i have all my ducks in a row for school and dance.

thanks!
    Lovin' my Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Ok. I am glad to see this is a go. I thought the idea had died.

My first thought is if everyone is looking for breakfast time arrival, the best place would likely be the La Crosse Family Restaurant. Its only a mile from I-90, reasonable prices, lots of seating, etc, etc. There are other places but this is my first choice.

I do need to know about the time everyone is planning on arriving. Also need to know what time and where we will be meeting the IA/IL group. Plus an idea of how many are coming so reservations can be made, and so if we have a bit of extra time I can plan a few stops in the area for photos, etc.

Give me some ideas/numbers/etc and I will put together a plan.

This should be a very cool weekend.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Troy, we'll try and get you as much info as possible.

MN riders are coming down Friday. Looking for a nice cheap place to stay.

Paula can you get us some numbers on your group from MN? Thanks.

I haven't decided when I'll come over. Kids got soccer games. As far as meeting IA/IL, I'm thinking Dubuque and I'm still trying to find a cool place to meet/eat. I got 3tracs in charge of the IA/IL group. I will get in touch with him tomorrow to see what their time plans are. Really hoping to get something finalized before the end of the week.

Spyder Garage

Cool. Places to stay that are reasonable. No problem. I will get a list together and post it here tomorrow. I do have another question. Are we going to ride up and down the river over the weekend? I know that was the original talk but I kinda lost track of the planning. If anyone would like info first hand, has a suggestion, or whatever, please call me. If I dont answer, leave a message. 608-385-4509.

Troy

Spyder Garage

Ok gang. Here is a list of hotels that are all at exit 3 in La Crosse, and are very close to the interstate. There are a bunch of other choices, but I went with these because of location and budget. Plenty of restaurants, etc close by too.

Americas Best Value INN
    2622 Rose St.
    La Crosse, WI 54603
    608-781-3070

Econolodge
    1906 Rose St.
    La Crosse, WI 54603
    608-781-0200

Settle Inn of La Crosse
    2110 Rose St.
    La Crosse, WI 54603
    608-781-5100

Super 8
    1625 Rose St.
    La Crosse, WI 54603
    608-781-8880

Howard Johnson
    2150 Rose St.
    La Crosse, WI 54603
    608-781-0400

Hopefully this wil be a good selection to work with. If you would like info on different hotels, locations, or whatever you need, just contact me, and I will get you what you need.
    Troy

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

John,

I think my wife and I will head straight to Dubuque to meet up with everyone. We will be going up to LaCross for the night then return across WI to IL. I would like to ride with anyone heading back north out of Dubuque.

Is there a single list of who is making this ride? Time is getting short and I would like to make final plans.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Default Sept. 17th - 90% there

Got a hold of Harry (3tracs) today. He will be contacting a few of you to finalize some details. So, after talking with him, here is the plan.

IA/IL riders will be meeting/starting from Davenport, IA. Harry is working on a place.

WI/MN riders will meet in La Crosse. Paula and a few others are riding to LaX on friday. I too will probably do that. We will meet Troy and everyone at the La Crosse Family Restaurant for breakfast and hit the road at noon.

Jeff (jjw SpyderRider) will meet us ALL in Dubuque. He will also be riding up to LaX to spend the night. Here should be more than enough riders heading that way for him to hook up with.

Houlihans -1801 Greyhound Park Drive, Dubuque, IA 52001 will be out meeting place. If both groups leave between 11/noon and follow the river all the way, it should be a 2 hour ride. But I think we should take our time and enjoy the scenery and historic cool crap along the way. Make a few extra stops instead of just riding just to get there. That will be for the ride home.. Lets plan on being at Houlihans around 3:00.

Hopefully everyone can still make it.

And pray that the weather is nice.

October 15th is the other 4 state planned ride. These details should work for that group too.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

The plans sound great John!
    Butch and I are still planning on coming IF we get our spyder back in time. On our ride last weekend someone besides us finally heard the whining noise we've noticed on our left side. He said it was so loud that he thought it was his bike! So the spyder went back to Caswell's on Monday and we haven't heard anything yet. Sure hope it's something stupid and we are back on the road soon. --Paula

Spyder Garage

I hope you get your spyder back in time also. For personal reasons. I saw a pic from your Aug, 27th ride of your windshield. I've been looking at adding that little extra on top. Would love to take yours for a spin when we meet up if that would be ok. I know Jeff (JJW SpyderRider) who is going on our trip. was also looking at adding that.

Hope its nothing serious. Keep us posted.

John

Spyder Garage

Alright Seth! Glad you can make my little cluster muck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvicker View Post
    I hope you get your spyder back in time also. For personal reasons. I saw a pic from your Aug, 27th ride of your windshield. I've been looking at adding that little extra on top. Would love to take yours for a spin when we meet up if that would be ok. I know Jeff (JJW SpyderRider) who is going on our trip. was also looking at adding that.

Hope its nothing serious. Keep us posted.

John
    FYI I bought the same little extra piece on top of the windshield that Butch and Paula have and are not using it, and for the right price could part ways with it.
    I can't make the trip but if anyone is interested in that piece before the trip let me know.