Thread: oil leak again

Spyder Garage

Default oil leak again

This is getting redick u lous. I went down and got a head gasket replaced on the front cylinder about 3 weeks ago, see other rant ( I had to get it from another dealership that was closer but sucks)

So I get back and change the oil, some oil spots from what I thought was that and then realizing it was somewhere else. I have spray on the non pip side of the panel by the oil resivoir and the black one above it, I put a 1/2 quart of oil in and then a few days later got a chance to check it and it was slightly over full.

I ran to a VA appointment in fargo ND yesterday (146 miles, in a hour ,38 minutes new personal best to fargo) and when I was coming back I stopped by the gun range and had smoke come off the left side again where the SE shift module is at, it lasted about 6 seconds and that is it, there is not a big pile of oil where I park and I am dropping it off after drag racing tonight and will maybe spyderless for a weekish.

Any ideas?
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

spydee owner

Default oil leak

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    This is getting redick u lous. I went down and got a head gasket replaced on the front cylinder about 3 weeks ago, see other rant ( I had to get it from another dealership that was closer but sucks)

So I get back and change the oil, some oil spots from what I thought was that and then realizing it was somewhere else. I have spray on the non pip side of the panel by the oil resivoir and the black one above it, I put a 1/2 quart of oil in and then a few days later got a chance to check it and it was slightly over full.

I ran to a VA appointment in fargo ND yesterday (146 miles, in a hour ,38 minutes new personal best to fargo) and when I was coming back I stopped by the gun range and had smoke come off the left side again where the SE shift module is at, it lasted about 6 seconds and that is it, there is not a big pile of oil where I park and I am dropping it off after drag racing tonight and will maybe spyderless for a weekish.

Any ideas?
    Maybe you should consider keeping this spyder for a race only and try and pickup another for road and touring only. I don't think these bikes were intended to be operated as drag/ saltflat machines.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ran to a VA appointment in fargo ND yesterday (146 miles, in a hour ,38 minutes new personal best to fargo) ?
    89.387756 mph average...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydee owner View Post
    Maybe you should consider keeping this spyder for a race only and try and pickup another for road and touring only. I don't think these bikes were intended to be operated as drag/ saltflat machines.
    If I had the cabbage to have 2 spyders it would have happened 2 years ago, the racing I do on a track is less than 1% of my use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    89.387756 mph average...
    true. it was alot of straight trafficless road.... mostly

The wrenches went thru the bike and no oil leak, don't see how or where the oil came from that was on the panels, it was still slightly overfull too. Long day in a cage with a trailer with a truck that someone used up my AC in, nothing like good friends...
    Last edited by SethO; 08-05-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If I had the cabbage to have 2 spyders it would have happened 2 years ago, the racing I do on a track is less than 1% of my use.

true. it was alot of straight trafficless road.... mostly

The wrenches went thru the bike and no oil leak, don't see how or where the oil came from that was on the panels, it was still slightly overfull too. Long day in a cage with a trailer with a truck that someone used up my AC in, nothing like good friends...
    If it was overfull then it probably came out through the cover seams in the air box as the bike will purge the extra oil through the crankcase ventline into the airbox.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lightman02 View Post
    If it was overfull then it probably came out through the cover seams in the air box as the bike will purge the extra oil through the crankcase ventline into the airbox.
    if I still had a airbox this would be true, I have the evozone full race air filter so the oil goes right into the rear cylinder.

crash tester for: