Spyder Garage

Default formerly noisey brakes

used C R C DISC BRAKE QUIET on all front brake pads today, formerly squeely, squeeky embarrasing brake noise is gone. 08 gs 2100 mi. crc is the BOMB.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

I'll give it a shot... thanks for the tip!

on!!
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default brake noise

where did you buy the CRC Disc Brake Quiet, ? COST? and how easy to use?

Spyder Garage

Default crc disc brake quiet

i got mine at autozone years ago. it's only a few bucks per bottle. a bottle goes a long long way. it has an applicator tip built in. just follow directions on bottle. oddly enough, spyder brakes are very simple and easy to work on. at least the fronts are. i havent messed with the rear yet, it's still quiet.THANKS TO CHE57VY
    Last edited by coz; 08-01-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed the generation 3 brake pads and the squeal went away. I forgot how bad it was until I heard all the squealing brakes at SITA.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I installed the generation 3 brake pads and the squeal went away. I forgot how bad it was until I heard all the squealing brakes at SITA.
    Got tired of revisiting the CRC Treatment every time i road thru slush or deep puddles,
    Put the gen 3 pads last summer quiet since then.

Spyder Garage

Default hate to buy pads so soon

i hate to buy pads when the ones i have are still good and the crc is in my garage. dealer is thirty min. away. how much are gen 3 pads anyway? i will need them sooner or later.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Got tired of revisiting the CRC Treatment every time i road thru slush or deep puddles,
    Put the gen 3 pads last summer quiet since then.
    Which CRC product did you use? The De-Squeak is a spray that is applied to the rotors. It needs to be reapplied periodically, more often after wet weather. The Disc Brake Quiet is a rubbery compound that is applied to the back of the pads, and in effect rubber coats them, similar to the Gen 3 pads. If properly applied and allowed to dry before the pads are installed, it is quite permanent, and does a good job.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    i hate to buy pads when the ones i have are still good and the crc is in my garage. dealer is thirty min. away. how much are gen 3 pads anyway? i will need them sooner or later.
    I don't remember what they cost, It's been a while since i put them in, But it couldn't been too much or i would have remembered.
    The numbers are ; Front 219800164 ;Rear 219800165, Worth every penny what ever the cost.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Which CRC product did you use? The De-Squeak is a spray that is applied to the rotors. It needs to be reapplied periodically, more often after wet weather. The Disc Brake Quiet is a rubbery compound that is applied to the back of the pads, and in effect rubber coats them, similar to the Gen 3 pads. If properly applied and allowed to dry before the pads are installed, it is quite permanent, and does a good job.
    I used the spray, All i could find at the time.

Spyder Garage

I had the squeeky brakes until I put on the 3rd gen brakes. After a couple of months..... oh my the squeek is WORSE than ever. It could wake up the dead. I only have it in reverse....!!

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up C R C DISC BRAKE QUIET

I used the liquid that comes in a 4 or 5 oz. bottle, like scotty said. it dries to a rubber like substance. it's a red- orange color so it's easy to see where your putting it.i've never used the spray, doesn't seem durable enough.
    Last edited by coz; 08-02-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    I had the squeeky brakes until I put on the 3rd gen brakes. After a couple of months..... oh my the squeek is WORSE than ever. It could wake up the dead. I only have it in reverse....!!
    You brakes could just be dirty. A good cleaning can often cure this. The build up of brake dust limits the pad/caliper movemnet, causing enough play to set up vibration. It can also hang the pads up on the pins slightly, causing the same thing. The Gen 3 pads have a rubber backing, so they can't make noise where they touch the caliper pistons like the old ones did. The noise would have to come where they ride on the pins, or on the caliper flanges. These parts are supposed to slide, but don't do it as well when they get dirty.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 08-02-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default squeal

I agree with Scotty, one other thing that occurs is the pins will wear with miles and the pads will bind on them.Replace the pins or try smoothing out the notches and apply a small amount of anti-seize on the pin.
    Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You brakes could just be dirty. A good cleaning can often cure this. The build up of brake dust limits the pad/caliper movemnet, causing enough play to set up vibration. It can also hang the pads up on the pins slightly, causing the same thing. The Gen 3 pads have a rubber backing, so they can't make noise where they touch the caliper pistons like the old ones did. The noise would have to come where they ride on the pins, or on the caliper flanges. These parts are supposed to slide, but don't do it as well when they get dirty.