Spydii917

Cool Anyone near the IA/IL quad cities area with installed KewlMetal Performance Air Kit?

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie here and in the spyder world. I have owned my Spyder not even two months when I noticed oil in the airbox. I found this site, which was a amazingly helpful, and after viewing a few threads decided I would install and inline fuel filter, in the crankcase vent hose, with foam replacing the filter to stop the oil from entering the airbox. It is working but I am considering it possibly a temporary fix. I am interested in KewlMetal's Can-Am Spyder RS, Performance Air Filter Kit. Before I pull the trigger though I have a couple concerns. I am concerned about added heat, from the engine, on plastic that was once blocked by the airbox and MOST OF ALL I am concerned about the added noise. I have heard a few complaints on here about it. Keep in mind I just turned 30. I am not concerned about me so much , instead my wife-to-be. I would really like to find someone near the QC that has this installed on their's so I could possibly meet them somewhere to hear it.

Thanks everyone and keep riding!

Spyder Garage

It's definitely loud. You won't hear your exhaust over the noise coming through the intake.

I haven't heard anyone complain about heat issues.

Mr. Orange has one in the area...
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spydii917

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    It's definitely loud. You won't hear your exhaust over the noise coming through the intake.

I haven't heard anyone complain about heat issues.

Mr. Orange has one in the area...
    Hmmm.... okay. I would still like to hear it. How would I go about finding this Mr. Orange? Thanks again for the help!

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

This is true of so many of us…
    LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Ok, you found me. I agree with the loudness and extra heat or lack there of. So you got any good BBQ in your area. I travel for BBQ!

Spydii917

Thumbs up

Ok, you found me. I agree with the loudness and extra heat or lack there of. So you got any good BBQ in your area. I travel for BBQ!
    Well, I am not a huge BBQ person but I enjoy it from time to time. There is a little place just south of me in Galesburg that supposedly has great BBQ. It is called the B-Q Rib Shack. I have attached a link with its address and a few reviews.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/171/9787...hack-Galesburg

If you are interested, maybe we could get together on a time to meet there and I could treat you to lunch for driving all that way. Let me know. I would love to hear the Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Mr. Orange is a very knowledgeable person...by the time he is down working with you, there might be a 5 gallon reserve tank in your frunk

Spydii917

So what are you doing for lunch on Saturday? Right now the weather looks good and I've Googled up a nice route. Oh and you don't have to buy me lunch. I need to get out for a little ride anyway and you've provided me with a destination.
    Well, I mentioned to the soon to be Mrs. that we would go pick up my wedding band Saturday and do a couple other things in the qc but I will check with her. I do not see any reason that we cannot go to the Quad Cities in the afternoon. What time were you thinking, noon? Oh, and I want to buy you lunch! I really appreciate you coming this far so that I can see/listen to it!!!

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mr. Orange is a very knowledgeable person...by the time he is down working with you, there might be a 5 gallon reserve tank in your frunk

And ... a ton of gadgets and mods to boot.
    Agree, he's a great guy, incredibly knowledgeable and very willing to help others.
    Hope he remembers his phone in case you need to call him.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spydii917

I have bad news... Their hours of operation are Tue-Thur 5pm til 9pm, Fri-Sun 4pm til 9:30pm. I will try calling them today to see if the hours I found are accurate but noon might be a bust.

If you are interested in another option, I heard good things about another place. It is Wildwood Smokehouse & Saloon in Iowa City, IA. Here is a link for their lunch menu.

http://wildwoodsaloon.com/lunchmenu2.pdf

Here is someone's review

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/105/1595...loon-Iowa-City

Let me know what you are thinking. Sorry for the hassle!
    Last edited by Spydii917; 08-04-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Spydii917

I can do that place too but does it work for your schedule?
    Yes, if noon still works for you it works for me! I will just leave a bit earlier.

Spydii917

Sounds good. How about we meet up at the Mississippi Valley Welcome Center. They sell some really good cherry butter and I'd like to pick up a couple of jars. You're the one with the schedule for the day so pick a meet time and I'll be there.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.58924,...,0.031071&z=16
    PM'd