Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

It does sound a little fishy because a 2011 does not come in blue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The seller is also saying that only a car drivers' license is required, yet he's supposedly here in the Putnam Valley region of NYS...
    Contact him and I'll bet that the Spyder is new AND in the box with only 485 miles on it in Malaysia... so wire the money to him in London A.S.A.P.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

who ever bites on this will be...
    taking one for the team. just
    not our team.

Spyder Garage

Default I sent a question to them.

I just sent them a question about their showroom. Wanted to see what else they have in stock. All dealerships I see on ebay have a direct link to their showroom etc. but don't see one here. Eagerly waiting for their response.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

My guess is that it is an identity theft scam and will never actually ask you to send them funds.

Spyder Garage

Another issue is the use of the word Kofferraum instead of trunk. They got their german and english mixed up a little.

Spyder Garage

Buyer Beware on this one. The scammers are back again.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

On the bottom of the listing you can "report this listing" if it truly is a scammer. One report will not likely get it pulled but if a few people file a report...

I'm not suggesting we all do this but if we find out it is the classic "its in a crate and can ship free via the military" I say we go for it.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have already sent $10,000 through Western Union. In an email he said he would add air conditioning for another $500. Ha ha, I got him as A/C is $800!!

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    I just sent them a question about their showroom. Wanted to see what else they have in stock. All dealerships I see on ebay have a direct link to their showroom etc. but don't see one here. Eagerly waiting for their response.
    If u open any attachment that you get as a reply yu could become toast.....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default I'll be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    If u open any attachment that you get as a reply yu could become toast.....
    I'll be cautious. Thanks for the heads-up.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    On the bottom of the listing you can "report this listing" if it truly is a scammer. One report will not likely get it pulled but if a few people file a report...

I'm not suggesting we all do this but if we find out it is the classic "its in a crate and can ship free via the military" I say we go for it.

Looks like you got the job done!!..The listing has been removed...You think they will send my down payment back?..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    I have already sent $10,000 through Western Union. In an email he said he would add air conditioning for another $500. Ha ha, I got him as A/C is $800!!

Monty & Shirley
    We love our . 2011 RT-S 991 SM5 Orbital Blue with the matching RT-622 Trailer, HMT Stoplight, fendertip LEDs, TricLed fender LEDS, front & rear Brightsides, Garmin GPS on the KewlMetal Bracket, Stebel Nautilus Horn and the Utopia Backrest. Corbin Passenger Armrests and SpyderPops Radiator Plate and Cat Shields. Ram driver and passenger cupholders. GT Racing Stripes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

this JUST PISSES ME OFF !!!! I had the high bid in for the A/C model. I'm just wondering what I'm going to do with all the cans of freon I bought?

OH !!! or was it referring to the Audio Convenience package...?

now as for the shipping... I still have a few load master connections out there; and I think we could swing an extra pallet load, without too much paperwork.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If that's the case; maybe we can get a group discount if we purchase in bulk...

Spyder Garage

What is scary is that is the ad was just a little better than some people might actually fall for it. Imagine if all the technical stuff matched. Ie. model year and color. Lets then say that they listed it as have 1,000 miles and the story was that they bought it for their spouse and the spouse just could not get comfortable riding with it and they just wanted to get enough to pay off the bank loan.

Spyder Garage

Default His response.

This is the reply I got from the guy.
    Hello ,
    I am selling this beautiful, well maintained 2011 Can-Am Soyder RS because my brigade will deploy for 14 months to Afghanistan. I'm under enormous time pressure cause I need to sell it fast, before August 04 that being the reason for selling it so low.
    It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title, clear, under my name.
    It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad, 9500$. The vehicle is in Dallas, TX and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Thank you

SSG
    4th Combat Engineer Battalion
    United States Marine Corps
    One team, one fight

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very interesting...
    This still smells fishy to me! But I'm having a bad day...

Spyder Garage

Classic reply. Now he will give you a link to moneygram escrow services. Problem is that moneygram does not have an escrow service- but the site will take your financial information and you money will be "held" along with anything else they can drain from your account. The typical ploy is that there is one or two shipping delays (usually for "patriotic" reasons like deployments took priority of personal shipments) once or twice to put some time between you and the withdraw before you never hear another word from the seller.

This scam is a nice skirt of the mail fraud statues since the funds are not sent through the mail. You can find attempts at this kind of scam all over Craigslist, in the pennysaver, newspaper posts and eBay. They are usually for desirable bigger ticket items at good to unbelievable prices.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that the final nail in this guy's scam is his poor translation skills... He should know about the word "Trunk".

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ran into this same scam a few years ago when I was looking for a spyder. First of all, I checked his unit that was "deploying". No such unit in the area he claimed. The unit I checked on was based in Hawaii. When I figured out it was a scam, I started stringing him along. I kept asking him questions about the spyder and as soon as he would answer, I would ask him another. Some of the answers were pretty comical. I finally told him I had a friend in the area where the spyder was, who would come by and check it out for me. I needed an address of the bike. Guess what, I never heard back from him again. He must have left for Iraq early
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    This is the reply I got from the guy.
    Hello ,
    I am selling this beautiful, well maintained 2011 Can-Am Soyder RS because my brigade will deploy for 14 months to Afghanistan. I'm under enormous time pressure cause I need to sell it fast, before August 04 that being the reason for selling it so low.
    It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident...I do have the title, clear, under my name.
    It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad, 9500$. The vehicle is in Dallas, TX and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Thank you

SSG
    4th Combat Engineer Battalion
    United States Marine Corps
    One team, one fight
    It does sound fishy..But since when does a marine say "One Team, One Fight" Isnt there motto SemPer-Fi..Whre is the spyder Located?? He is a little about the unit he is in..
    The 4th Combat Engineer Battalion (4th CEB) is a combat engineer battalion of the United States Marine Corps reserve. Their headquarters are in Baltimore, Maryland but they have units in West Virginia, Virginia and Tennessee. They belong to the 4th Marine Division and Marine Forces Reserve.

Spyder Garage

Since when does someone in Dallas, TX or a marine show a price of 9500$??? That's a warning flag right there. Us Americans usually put the dollar sign first do we not?
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

2020 F3L , Magma Red