Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Jealous Harley Riders

I ride with a Couple of Harley Riders who are now jealous of my Spyder Rt. We all are old enough to belong to AARP. I have been told 2 times in the last couple of weeks that they do not want to ride with me any more because I am getting all the attention when we ride or stop somewhere. I overheard an long time Harley rider tell some, that people crawl all over their Harleys to look or talk about the Spyder. Now i think that is funny but also am glad i get the respect of that other group.

Spyder Garage

Good for you. I would not get too concerned over people who look down on others because they are not driving a particular brand.

It should be self explanatory that they have a problem.

I believe that everyone should make their own choices, and not criticize others for their choices.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My husband kinda likes the attention I get. He doesn't clean all the chrome on his HD as much

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Makes you wonder if they ride a HD because they like it or just want attention? I have the same reaction with members in my MC club as well but I am the Vice Pres and do all of the work soooo they have to live with it!!!

Spyder Garage

Depends if they're joking at you, or if they're serious.

There are lots of riding groups out there. Many non-brand specific. Explore your options!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

It's good they know a good thing when they see it

I get a lot of guff from the MC snobs at work, mainly because I park in the MC parking area...lol..one of them told me it's not a MC, it's a "reverse trike" so I asked him if harley came out with one, would that be considered a MC? He ended the conversation without an anwer
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No one of the other brand riders seem to have an issue only the HD crowd. I think it's because they were sort of exclusive for so long and now they have to share the limelight. The major difference is I dont think Spyder Ryders care who rides what at all. Our community is made up of RS ryders and RT ryders and to look at the threads it's hard to tell who's who unless there is a picture or something specific in the text. I think that that is what make this bunch of folks so great! We all ryde Spyders period.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have seen and been make fun of by those certain riders because my brands .. I cam from a sportbikes GSXR750 and a R6 . Now that i went from 2 wheels to 3 wheels these Riders think that because they are __ owners and I am not and will not . Its not that I dont like the brand or even the bikes. its the crap attitude that comes with owning one of those .I dont even wave to THOSE guys anymore . unless they wave to me . Dont respect me and I wont respect you . I guess the the old saying of Its not what you ride its that you ride means 2 things ... that line is complete BS and i wasted my time typing that . That is one reason my one friend sold his __ and bought a honda LOL . Now he is looking for a spyder LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinspyder View Post
    I have seen and been make fun of by those certain riders because my brands .. I cam from a sportbikes GSXR750 and a R6 . Now that i went from 2 wheels to 3 wheels these Riders think that because they are __ owners and I am not and will not . Its not that I dont like the brand or even the bikes. its the crap attitude that comes with owning one of those .I dont even wave to THOSE guys anymore . unless they wave to me . Dont respect me and I wont respect you . I guess the the old saying of Its not what you ride its that you ride means 2 things ... that line is complete BS and i wasted my time typing that . That is one reason my one friend sold his __ and bought a honda LOL . Now he is looking for a spyder LOL
    I was asked by an HD rider what I paid and he said "for just a few thousand more you couldv'e had a bike like one of these (referring to the harleys)" which was bunk because the cheapest harley in the lot is about $24k, fully $8k more than what I paid. I said to him, there are two main reasons I didn't buy a harley... one, I don't want to be a snob, second, I don't want to dress up like Hitler's Youth...LOL, he got a little upset at that. The truth is Harley isn't that great if you consider, it isn't fast, it isn't good on gas, it isn't cheap, and it isn't cheap to maintain. It does have a reputation, and they sound very nice, that's about it in my book. Anyway, I do get a little tired of their *%#@ at times, but then I consider the source and laugh and make fun of 'em right back.
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Not for nothing but.....

Not for nothing but.....
    I had a 2006 V-Rod (Nightrod) which I purchased in March of 2007 and rode until May of 2010 when I got our Spyder RS/SM5.
    With some Traditional Harley riders, I was a "blacksheep". Really hard to figure considering the V-Rod motor is probably the best "H-D motor"
    out there! Go figure.

Bill

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Hitler's youth"???
    I'll admit that sometimes they seem to want to look the part more than ride... but c'mon...
    And I'll have to be the first to admit that I have absolutely no fashion sense; but I do have my own style!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    "Hitler's youth"???
    I'll admit that sometimes they seem to want to look the part more than ride... but c'mon...
    And I'll have to be the first to admit that I have absolutely no fashion sense; but I do have my own style!

Bob, Why aren't you out Ridin'?

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Bill;
    I had a H-D service manager tell me that the Vrod was not a Harley because the engine was designed by Porsche, which is unamerican. Go figure!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default HD riders

I have mentioned this before. I previously rode an Ultra before having to go to my for health reasons. I am still the Activities Director of our local HOG group even though I don's have a HD anymore. They purposely bent the rules so I could stay on (that or because no one else wanted the job) I will retire from HOG in December.

That being said, we ride every week. 15 to 30 shiny chromed out Harleys and little ole red me in the rear. When we pull into a gas station for a break or the restaurant guess who gets all the attention? They all love it and laugh while I field all the usual qustions.

I am fixing to move to an RT shortly. I looked at a 2012 Triglide. No way. I have been bitten by the and now I am infected.....

Jim

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    Bill;
    I had a H-D service manager tell me that the Vrod was not a Harley because the engine was designed by Porsche, which is unamerican. Go figure!
    I guess that guy doesn't know just how many parts come from overseas!
    Go Figure!

Bill

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Last time I checked Canada is still in North America and many clubs require that your bike is American made.
    So I guess all those HD's with Japanese forks and shocks, German pistons Chinese electrics etc have a problem!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

most if not ALL HD chrome is from China.
    most if not all wiring harnesses are from
    China.

so "technically speaking"... HDs are an
    import.

hair splitting... certainly. but ya know...
    it's your choice to ride what makes you
    happy. if you are riding a particular
    bike for a "statement" issue... you're
    missing out on a lot.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A honda goldwing has more American parts than a harley nowdays, in other words, the goldwing is more American than a harley, a very ironic truth,,,,

Spyder Garage

Most of the riders in my RC ride HDs. But we do have a mix. Couple of Hondas, Boulevards, a V Star and our RTS. We always ride tailgunner. Yes, we do get some friendly grief once in a while, but at the end of the day we all ride for the same cause. In fact, I'm looking at a Victory. Once Mrs. Bruiser gets her license she'll be driving the .

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Just a little more to stir the pot

Comparing to the other brand. We get lots more technology per $.

The other brand builds a really nice 1950's bike--but we are 60 years past that time frame.

Our basic bike--has ABS, and VSS for starters.

Okay--enough from me on this--but--I could say a lot more
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-01-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default HD

At stops we get the most attention and curiosity from the HD crowd. The most frequent honored request is to sit on it. We usually give out the little BRP foldouts to whomever asks for one as well. Oddly enough, the snubs come from other Spyder folks in a group.(not ours of course) Of course, we were used to that from GWRRA encounters while on our Wing. So, I'll be on the lookout for HD trades at Can-Am dealers from now on.

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Are Harley riders Really jealous,
    Or are Some Spyder riders very Insecure about their Spyder??, Because ''Boo'' ''Hoo'' someone said something bad about my Spyder.
    Waa Waa, Man up guys and get thicker skins.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I sold my Harley to buy my Spyder and have never looked back. I do have a lot of Harley shirts jackets etc and wear them when I feel like it. After all Harley Davidson is mostly a clothing retailer with an occasional motorcycle thrown in! I enjoyed the 35 years that I rode Hogs and I also enjoyed the people that I ran into. Now on Spyders I feel exactly the same, love the bike (RS) and the people! You what ? I love motorcycles and folks who ride them. Could not care what you ride as long as you ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thoughts on a bumper sticker..

Ok, Lou, ball's in your court!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandgrouchy View Post
    Makes you wonder if they ride a HD because they like it or just want attention?
    Have you ever heard a Spyder owner rev their engine while cruising in first gear or while sitting at a stop light?

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe