Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DuPage County

Spyder Garage

Default DuPage County

It seems like there is not much chatter from Illinois Spyder owners compared to other states. I live in DuPage County and would be interested in getting together with like ryders. A ride to Bristol Tap for their famous 1/2 pound burgers would be a good start. Anybody interested please feel free to comment. Come on lets get rolling!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bristol Tap sounds good to me. Great big juicy burgers. Most anytime is good for me.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

with 3pod that there is almost no communication on the IL page and I don't know the reason. I'm somewhat at a disadvantage living in the central part of the State, hours from metro areas. The ryde a couple of weeks ago in the western burbs would have been nice and for a good cause, but participating in such events means leaving very early, makes for a very long day and all the other excuses.

I've contacted, called and emailed some nearer ryders, but things never come together. Some just simply don't respond. Some are just plain too busy to plan a few days out.

And in my case I'm one that tends to hop on the and just go where it takes me. 2 weeks ago I ended up having lunch at Starved Rock. Never met Doug B and other than a PM or maybe an email had no way of contacting you. I just continued past Ottawa and drifted back home.

Did have success getting together with some ryders from southern WI and northern IL on the way to the BBQ and on to Maggie Valley. It was great!

Don't have a solution, just that it's very hard to ryde with others for a host of communicative reasons. I'll get off my soapbox now.
    Last edited by tofriendscreek; 07-26-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Illinois rides

I live in the northern part of the state but now have a good group to ride with. Two weeks ago we had a good ride out of Woodstock and last weekend we had 6 Spyders run up to Oshkosh, WI for another good run.

We will be posting other rides shortly going a little south that you make like to meet up for. I'll try to PM anyone who wants to be notified of any rides as well.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'd like info on an Illinois chapter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

really some more rides going south huh ? please keep us in the loop that would be FUN !!! ANd whats with this 1/2 burger I read about a few posts ago ?

Spyder Garage

Default Bristol Tap

There is a place in yorkville/sugar grove area (actually in Bristol, Il.) called Bristol Tap. I think it started years ago as a local rural tavern. Area is getting more populated now. Anyway there speciality is a 1/2 pound burger which is delicious. Residents from the area and bikers frequent it. Actual address is 46 N. Cannonbal Trail Bristol, Illinois. Not fancy but has cold beer while U wait for the burger. Try it you'll like it. Out in the country location makes for a nice ryde.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think we need to try and get a Illinois ride and meet up there one sunday or saturday and try one of these burgers ... Since I kind of have to do things kind of on the cheap side of things for a while since I have 2 vacations booked for the rest of this year ( Las vegas and Punta cana Dominican republic )

Spyder Garage

• Keep me in the loop on information about rides. I'm at the Bristol Tap quite often as I play cards there burgers and beer is the best.

Spyder Garage

Default Ilinois

I would be interested in Bristol Tap on a Sunday. I also had a good ride out of Woodstock and one just to get here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yes I agree with that lets see when everyone could make it and set a date ?

Spyder Garage

I am in as well...let's do it in early August

Spyder Garage

Default Illinois Guys

I was happy to see several replys for my DuPage message in recent past. Looks like we might finally get something going. Agreement seems to be on Sunday at Bristol Tap for a burger and a chance to meet face to face. I'd propose meeting at the Tap on Sunday Aug 7 or 14 at 2PM. We could plan a ryde in the future at that time. Also if any of you guys have anything planned for the future let all of us know.

Please reply if interested.

Spyder Garage

Bristol has a decent 2 hour circle, Maybe we could make it a regular spot, first Sunday of every month, rain or shine, cage if you must.

Once we start getting a few people there we can talk about other locations, other rides etc. Get a calendar started. Pretty t-shirts with our mascot...

Noon might be better time if we want to have lunch there, and maybe a ride afterwards leaving enough time for people to wander home?

Anyhow, Ruth and I will be there on the 7th....
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

I was going suggest 14th but if all want to do it on the 7th, I should be in as well

Spyder Garage

Default yea i would like ride

i would like to meet people with spyder i live in freeport il anyone want to ride let me know have a good one

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Aug 7th huh ? Should be all good , let me ask the wife LOL ha ha !

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Aug 7 werx fer me. Please confirm date and time and I'll be there.

Spyder Garage

Count me in for the Bristol Tap on Sunday @ 12:00. It's a two hour ride one way for me. I will work up a route for the ride back up north for those that are headed that way.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Spyder Garage

Default Bristol Tap

Ok than it will be Bristol Tap on Sunday August 7 @ 12 Noon.

Rain or Shine Spyder or Cage

Wear clothes or hat with Spyder Logo so we won't miss anyone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of us dont have Spyder clothing ... yet LOL ha ha

Spyder Garage

Default Bristol Tap Sunday 12:00

Sounds like a good plan to meI'll be there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll be there

Spyder Garage

Looks like most of the Illinois riders are all in the Chicago area. We live the in west central Il. Any Il riders near Quincy?
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Y Rider I will be working in Payson, IL next week Monday to Wednesday. I will be staying in Quincy, maybe we can meet up for dinner! I plan on riding my Spyder seeing it is only 260 miles from my house.