Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ride Around Rainier - August 21st

Experience a summer ride around Mount Rainier with fellow Spyder Ryders on Sunday, August 21st. Meet at Clems Powersports on Sunday morning between 8:00 and 8:30 AM for complimentary coffee and doughnuts while you meet and mingle with other Spyder owners. From there, take a guided tour up to Chinook Pass, then along the East and South side of the mountain. Then a fuel stop, and back up the West side of the mountain to return back to Clems for complimentary burgers and hot dogs!

Date: Sunday, August 21, 2011
    Time: 8:00 AM
    408 Roosevelt Avenue
    Enumclaw, WA. 98022
    (360) 825-4502

Please reply to this thread or call Clems to help give an idea of how many will be attending this beautiful picturesque ride.

Where I've been on my Spyder...

Spyder Garage

At this point I am a definite MAYBE!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default FUN FUN FUN!!!!

We did this ride last year and had 4 spyders show up. Joe has been doing a great job promoting these events, growing to 12 spyders showing up. Our goal is to have close to 20 Spyders on this Ryde. It will be a family friendly ride and all are welcome!! We hope to keep growing rides like this year over year.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

count me in. Is there going to be hiking this time?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wally69 View Post
    Ha! No hiking this time...unless you insist.

Spyder Garage

We would love to join y'all on this ride but we need a bit of help.

Our plan is to ride Thursday through Sat around the state and meet up w/ you fine Spyder Ryders on Sunday morning. We acknowledge that we have a lack of knowledge of the fine state of Washington w/ the exception of El Nopal restaurant in Sumas and the Bellis Fair Mall. So we're hoping some of you locals can suggest a few places that would be fun rides w/ nice places to stop.

We would welcome any suggestions and if anyone would like to join us that would be cool too!

cheers all and ride safe
    Bruce & Rose

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Sure wish we could!

We're hoping to make that trip . . . but in mid September.
    Traveling from Bend to Yakima, then hopefully around Rainer & St Helens.
    Maybe we can learn from your ride, best routes, what not to miss, etc.

Spyder Garage

What is the planed route and schedule, we would like to join in part way through.
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Spyder Garage

Shoot.... I will be at a family reunion that weekend. Sounds like a great ryde... Have fun everyone. Hopefully next time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chillicpl View Post
    We would love to join y'all on this ride but we need a bit of help.

Our plan is to ride Thursday through Sat around the state and meet up w/ you fine Spyder Ryders on Sunday morning. We acknowledge that we have a lack of knowledge of the fine state of Washington w/ the exception of El Nopal restaurant in Sumas and the Bellis Fair Mall. So we're hoping some of you locals can suggest a few places that would be fun rides w/ nice places to stop.

We would welcome any suggestions and if anyone would like to join us that would be cool too!

cheers all and ride safe
    Bruce & Rose
    A nice scenic ryde would be Chuckanut Drive (hee-hee) to Highway 9, then Highway 203 through Carnation and Duvall. Then take Highway 18 as you just pass Snoqualmie Falls, staying on 18 until you get to the Highway 164/Muckelshoot exit in Auburn. That will get you to Enumclaw and would be a delightful ryde (albeit a longer one than taking the freeways).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Heliplt View Post
    What is the planed route and schedule, we would like to join in part way through.
    All that I know is that we are taking Hwy 410 to Cayuse pass, then taking Hwy 123 along the East side of Rainier. Once we get to Highway 12 near Packwood, our guide is planning to take us on some side roads with a rest stop or two. Then it is back up Hwy 7 and back to Enumclaw...Hope that helps.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Hello! I just got my Spyder at the start of the summer and have been having a blast on the thing. I'd like to come down for the ride, weather permitting. I'd be driving down from Seattle that morning if anyone wanted to ride together.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool No Hiking This time Joe !!!!

I'll Be There . Did this ride at the first of the year With ABATE It was a Great Ride to bad it rained
    Quote Originally Posted by wally69 View Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck T. View Post
    I'll Be There . Did this ride at the first of the year With ABATE It was a Great Ride to bad it rained
    This is awesome! I've got a feeling we are going to exceed my personal goal of 12 Spyders! And I hope not to jinx it, but the weather forecast is looking N-I-C-E!!!

Spyder Garage

Your prob right, I met acouple riders this weekend, 1 just buying/picking up her new RS other already had. They arent members of the forum, but I told em about it. The one that lived local said she would be there. Ran into Chuck T at taco thurs at the yellowbeak acouple weeks ago. thinking ill swing by there again this thurs. Im finally gonna do the DPS recall thurs, told ya id get around to it, just hate fixing **** that aint broke. Wayne ( the nitrous harley ) said hed go again, was on the ghost town ride with us.
    Cya Sun, Troy
    Oh ya i saw a black RT with passager heading up 212th hill today. didnt know who that was, but if your a member here..i waved, i was on the side of the road fixin my brother in laws dump truck, heh
    Last edited by Riot; 08-17-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default See yah All on sunday

Went on my first trip to Forks last weekend with ABATE Friends and confermed I have a very bad situation with tracking. My 2009 spider has just hit 6,500 mi. and ajusted my air pressure in my tires to 18 psi in front and 28 psi in back tire , ajusted my shocks spring pree load to #4 in front and and 6 on the rear . every time i tinker with it i get something different.but still not fixed. I read the forum on this prob. and it seams this is a on going prob. but it's something that can be fixed by just a allignmet but CLEMS tech hasen't even got a jig to even do the job. any Ideas ?

Spyder Garage

Default dang!

Due to a bad vibration and a backlog at the dealership we won't be able to join you on Sunday. Hopefully next year we'll make it down to do the ride.

cheers and ride safe
    Bruce

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck T. View Post
    Went on my first trip to Forks last weekend with ABATE Friends and confermed I have a very bad situation with tracking. My 2009 spider has just hit 6,500 mi. and ajusted my air pressure in my tires to 18 psi in front and 28 psi in back tire , ajusted my shocks spring pree load to #4 in front and and 6 on the rear . every time i tinker with it i get something different.but still not fixed. I read the forum on this prob. and it seams this is a on going prob. but it's something that can be fixed by just a allignmet but CLEMS tech hasen't even got a jig to even do the job. any Ideas ?
    Could be the DPS...Have you had that checked out?
    If it was alignment, I would think you would see evidence of tire wear...can you see anthing unusual there?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chillicpl View Post
    Due to a bad vibration and a backlog at the dealership we won't be able to join you on Sunday. Hopefully next year we'll make it down to do the ride.

cheers and ride safe
    Bruce
    RT or RS?

Spyder Garage

Remember how I said I hate fixin shiat that aint broke...well im bout steamin mad atm...had Clems put the DPS unit in for me for the so called safety recall...rode it home, then back to enumclaw for taco thurs. decided to take a long way home, out by lake tapps it goes into LIMP HOME MODE, VSS FAULT, CHECK DPS, so I pull over and shut it off to try and clear codes, that worked, for .6 of a mile, and every .4-3/4 of a mile all the way home to Kent 30+ times. We will see how the phone call goes they are gonna get from me in the morning. but its looking like I wont be able to make the ride sun.
    Ride safe,
    Troy

Spyder Garage

Well because of the family reunion I just went today around the mountain... What a beautiful ryde. Sorry I'll miss everyone!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

sorry I missed everone .....did not get spyder back together in time .....got out to Clems @ 9:15 .....

back fender had to go ...and that super hev pipe became a new paper weight

Scot

white rss

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Did my guys make it right??

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Remember how I said I hate fixin shiat that aint broke...well im bout steamin mad atm...had Clems put the DPS unit in for me for the so called safety recall...rode it home, then back to enumclaw for taco thurs. decided to take a long way home, out by lake tapps it goes into LIMP HOME MODE, VSS FAULT, CHECK DPS, so I pull over and shut it off to try and clear codes, that worked, for .6 of a mile, and every .4-3/4 of a mile all the way home to Kent 30+ times. We will see how the phone call goes they are gonna get from me in the morning. but its looking like I wont be able to make the ride sun.
    Ride safe,
    Troy
    Troy,

I just spoke with the guys in the back and they said they figured out the problem and fixed it. Just wondering if they took care of you and made it right by you? If there is anything else I can do just let me know. It sounded like an internal problem with the new DPS that no one could have forseen, but Randy found it and fixed it right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
    Ride safe,
    Troy
    Internal defect was found on this new DPS unit. Secure magnet not installed properly from the factory. It had backed out and thus sent imporper readings through out the system causing multiple fault codes. This had been the first such issue we have seen or heard of with these units. Once diagnosed we were able to fix in short order and customer was able to make the ride on Sunday. We now check all new DPS units for this possible condition before install.
    Last edited by SPYDERJEFF; 08-30-2011 at 11:38 AM.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default HUGE SUCCESS!!

Thank you to everyone who showed up and rode. Glad to see you could make it Troy. It was the best ride to date for our shop. I think we had 11 spyders and 32 total riders. We are already planning next years ride. It is tentatively scheduled for the 3rd weekend in August. I will have pics up by this afternoon.

rainier2.jpgrainier3.jpgrainier4.jpgrainier5.jpgrainier6.jpg
    Last edited by coreyt700; 08-30-2011 at 01:59 PM.