Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
Can anyone give an emergency senerio in which they would, or have time to use the kill switch while driving ???? Anyone......... Anyone.........
Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post

The only thing i can think of is that when the kill is engaged it cuts power off to the fuel pump and the ignition, Definitely a safety feature there.!![fire]
Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
Exactly! Broken fuel lines present just such a possibility. Preventing engine damage, and possibly oil on the rear tire from a blown engine, if the throttle cable failed would be another. Preventing an out of control machine in case of a clutch failure is yet another. The odds are against such failures, but they have happened. I will admit that the kill switch is an outgrowth of another era and of racing practices, but the idea is still sound. You do not have to remove your hands from the handlebars to switch off the ignition and its related components. If I am not mistaken, this control is now mandated by law.

Potentially those who had the bad DPS that locked into a left or right turn might have wanted to use the kill switch as taking a hand off the handlebars to turn off the key would have been a disaster.