Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

.....Sept. 24, 2011. Start Hwy44 /15 Deland 5:30AM pulling out at 5:45am.....

looking at google the interestion of 44 and 15 in deland there is a 7/11, a winn-dixie, a applance store....etc...

where at the intersection is the gathering????

also is anyone from the east side heading up I75 to Hwy44 and want to meet at steak n shake for the ride to deland???

dan
    Last edited by Barbary; 09-20-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    The only good view of a thunderstorm is in your rearview mirror.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    .....Sept. 24, 2011. Start Hwy44 /15 Deland 5:30AM pulling out at 5:45am.....

looking at google the interestion of 44 and 15 in deland there is a 7/11, a winn-dixie, a applance store....etc...

where at the intersection is the gathering????

also is anyone from the east side heading up I75 to Hwy44 and want to meet at steak n shake for the ride to deland???

dan
    We will be at the 7/11 at the jct 15/44 in Deland pulling out 5:45. As it looks at 6:30AM 9/21/11 it's a 50/50 chance of rain but were still going. Up date on details tonight around 7PM

Dan it might be quicker to come up I-4 just past the Sanford exit. Pick up HWY 17 north to Deland, when you see 15 turn left going north. Hope this helps check back tonight

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Everyone is WElCOME.

Here is the itinerary for the Sunrise to Sunset ride Sept. 24, 2011. Start Hwy44 /15 Deland At the (7 Eleven) 5:30AM pulling out at 5:45am. Then onto S. Daytona for breakfast. Sunrise is around 7AM take pictures and then have breakfast at Crabby Joes planning on pulling around 8:30. Then head North to Ormand by the Sea and try to get more pictures of group. Then onto Destination Daytona. (Butt break). Spend a little time looking around. Then onto Micanopy via Palatka, Hawthorne. Then we will do the horse country ride, head onto Cedar key. Arriving somewhere around 5-5:30PM. Have dinner and watch the sunset.

Here's the route we are planning on taking. From Deland 44E to Pioneer Trail turn left, go to CR 415 turn left, to CR 421 turn Right take this to the beach, turn right on S. Atlantic Av. Craby Joes about 1/4mi. On left. From there take A1A N to Ormand by the Sea. Turn left on High Bridge rd. Will take this to Destination Daytona. Then taking 1 North to 100 W to Palatka. (Butt & gas Break) Picking up SR 20 W. Going past Hawthorn turn left on SR325 then turn right CR 346 to Micanopy. From Micanopy take CR 234 S changing over to 329. Then horse country ride. After that we will be taking CR326 W to US 19/98 turn right, then turn left on SR 24 to Cedar Key.
    Here is the Up Date.
    Rain Chance is 50/50 were riding reguardles (that's what rain suits are for

The ride is from Daytona to Cedar Key about 250 Miles.
    If you want to meet us at Crabby Joes, please let us know so we can let the restaurant know how many will be there, we will be arriving about 6:45 from Deland. If you are coming from the North or South on I-95 take exit 256 (Port Orange) Go East on 421 ( Dunlawton AV) to the Beach, turn right on S Atlantic AV Crabby Joes sits on the left. ( 3701 S Atlantic Av )

If you don't want to make sunrise, but would like to meet us later here is two options, 1. Destination Daytona around 10AM or 2. Micanopy we should be there around 1:30-2 PM. (Old Florida Cafe).

You can contact us while we are on the ride for any question John 352-303-6198 or Carol 352-425-0766 or E-mail before the ride.

Mouthpiece, cleanandgreen and ourselves will be staying in Cheifland for the night after we leave Cedar Key. Its about 35miles to Cheifland.
    We are staying at the Bestwestern PH# 352-493-0663 $70. There is also a Days Inn 352-493-9400 $72. For those of you that don't want to ride back to Ocala or home in the dark.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ/johnnyg View Post
    We will be at the 7/11 at the jct 15/44 in Deland pulling out 5:45. As it looks at 6:30AM 9/21/11 it's a 50/50 chance of rain but were still going. Up date on details tonight around 7PM

Dan it might be quicker to come up I-4 just past the Sanford exit. Pick up HWY 17 north to Deland, when you see 15 turn left going north. Hope this helps check back tonight
    ok 7/11 it is.... i checked which way was quicker and heading across 44 was the quickest and shortest... and it makes for a nice ride.... angie said she will be coming also... but i haven't told her i am leaving at 2 in the morning....lol so we will see... but either way i'll be there sipping on coffee when all arrives.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spyder Garage

Sis and I have a room at the Deland Comfort Inn and will meet everyone at the 7/11, if we don't oversleep . If we do, we'll catch up to you at Destination Daytona. We will probably ride to Micanopy, or maybe Hawthorne, then head home. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, it's been too long. This will be our first trip since Sis had her knee replacement in March and we're ready.

Mike

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Wow - sorry I can't make the ride. I'm so glad you are both out and about again! Hope to catch up with you soon. My daughter will be in town and she lives in Wisconsin, so I'll be busy with her.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by annieleilani View Post
    Wow - sorry I can't make the ride. I'm so glad you are both out and about again! Hope to catch up with you soon. My daughter will be in town and she lives in Wisconsin, so I'll be busy with her.
    Bring your daughter.

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Bring your daughter.
    Oh sure - her plane doesn't get in to Orlando until 5:30. I'm going to do the ride to Thunder Beach next weekend.

Spyder Garage

We understand family comes first. Have fun,time go's faster then you think. Hope to see you and Ron on the next one, Be safe going to Thunder Beach.

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by annieleilani View Post
    We'll miss you, but I'm sure we'll meet up again soon. Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Ciny & I won't make it to the "Deland Start", but will meet up with ya'll either at Crabby Joes or up around Ormand by the Sea. Bottom line is that we'll catch up with ya'll. I have your number John and yours as well Mike.

Chris

Spyder Garage

bump

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

It looks like we have about 12? (give or take two)

Chris

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

you might see a ghost along the way...

Spyder Garage

First ones home.

Sis and I had a fantastic day being with a great bunch of Spyderlovers, and that includes those not riding a Spyder . It's hard to put into words how much today meant to Sis and I, since this was our first extended ride in about 6 months. I was pretty whipped by the time we got to Micanopy. So, even though Sis really wanted to ride continue on to Cedar Key and spend the night somewhere, I told her that I didn't think I was up to riding that much further and really needed to head home, which we did, down I-75 , a long, boring slog of 100 miles or so. This was brought home every time Sis fell asleep and her helmet would hit mine. But, after a nice nap, a soak in the hot tub, followed by a nice aged Cuban cigar and a cup of espresso, the world is once again a beautiful place.

But my Butt still hurts! Even with the Corbin. Guess I'm out of shape. I think Forrest had a good idea when he mentioned his Airhawk seat pad. I'll have to dig that out for the next trip.

While we really wish we could be sharing dinner with y'all in Cedar Key, it's good to home, clean, and NOT SITTING on a motorcycle.

Sis held up very well, so we're ready to ride some more, especially as it begins to cool a little, and the love bug infestation ends.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

We had hoped to make the ride today, but the delivery of our Spyder (2011 RTS-SE5 Ver.2.0) got delayed about 5 days due to some unforseen issues (nothing mechanical, just cosmetic). Good news is, it's in the garage as of about 1:00pm this afternoon and now we are ready for Daytona in a couple of weeks. Hope all enjoyed (and were able to see the sunrise). I'm sure is was a great ride. We'll make it next time. Hope to see some of you in Daytona.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

A pic of the sunrise gang.

sunGang.jpg

Spyder Garage

We'd like to thank everyone that show for the Sunrise to Sunset ride. The ride started at 5:30 in Deland Fl ending up at Cedar Key Fl 8 PM. The total miles for each rider varied, but ours was 417 from home and back. We had a brief shower of about 15min and got carried away with the 15 million love bugs . Besides that it couldn't of been a better day. Forgot about no power in Micanopy for lunch. All and all we had a great time with all our friends. Mouthpiece proved that when you concentrate on your riding you can miss other . Here is a link to all the pics to many to post all.
    Copy of DSCN1000.jpghttp://s574.photobucket.com/albums/s...20ride%202011/

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    12V plug in
    Graphics

Spyder Garage

There is only 1 word to discribe the sunrise to sunset ride... "WOW".....

Thank you johnny and carol for putting this ride together... I am definately glad I went... It was nice seeing everyone who showed up throughtout the ride....

Great pics johnny... not bad for a rookie.....lol Once phone charges I will post the couple I took....

Can't wait to see whats in store for the next ride....dan

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice ryde, I wish I was there with you...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sunrise to sunset ride

We are new owners of a RT. Took delivery two days ago. We live in Summerfield, FL., in a community on U.S. 27/441, four miles South of Belleview. Would enjoy joining your group on future trips.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Willo View Post
    We are new owners of a RT. Took delivery two days ago. We live in Summerfield, FL., in a community on U.S. 27/441, four miles South of Belleview. Would enjoy joining your group on future trips.

If you want you can e-mail us your information name #'s and we will put you on our spyderrider list and when we go for rides we e-mail everyone on our list the details. The next one we are going to will be Otoberfest on the 15th. We will be getting to gether at the BRP tent in Daytona at the speedway. John and Carol

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Cindy & I had a FANTABULOUS time gang. Hope to see ya'll and more at Octoberfest in Daytona, Leesburg and Sanford.

Chris & Cindy