Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default sunrise to sunset ride (FL coast to coast)

This is just a ride I was thinking about and wanted some feed back about it. A sunrise and sunset with the . In Late Sept or early Oct. I'm thinking about South Dayton going to Cedar Key via riding through horse country. would be early AM for the Sunrise. We can figure out where to meet when we find out who all is coming. After that having breakfast in Daytona area or De Leon Springs It cost a few bucks to get in the park so that is just an option. If you have never been there its a neat place to eat, you get to make your own pancakes and they cook the meats. Then take a nice easy ride through horse country. planning on being in Cedar Keys around 5PM depending on what time sunset is that day. You would have time to look around town and maybe have dinner while waiting for the sunset. You can always meet up with the group somewhere on the route if you didn't want to catch the sunrise. We can figure out where to have lunch or a snack. Just an Idea. I wanted to throw it out there. Give me your opinion or ideas. JC

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great idea, especially during a time when the heat is a little less intense. My bride and I would be interested in doing this and you are right the breakfast in deLeon springs park is unique and fun.

Spyder Garage

Now THAT sounds like a ride I would love! Only problem is that it would be a thousand miles round trip for me to come from home. Enjoy!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Johnnie,

I love the idea, sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to wait and see if my job finally ends since they keep extending me (I'm writing this from Atlanta!!!). We've not been on a ride since Sis had her knee surgery, but we're ready and just need to find time.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Johnnie,

I love the idea, sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to wait and see if my job finally ends since they keep extending me (I'm writing this from Atlanta!!!). We've not been on a ride since Sis had her knee surgery, but we're ready and just need to find time.

Mike
    Mike, speaking of Sis, how is she ??????? John, there are several Sanford riders that take that trip. They actually leave here in Sanford, go over to Daytona and head up U.S. 1, then over to Cedar Key and spend the night. It's a great ride.

Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default great plan

sounds like fun, count me in!!!!! did this before but never on my spyder.

Spyder Garage

Cool idea. For me to do something like that, I'd have to start in Toledo and ride to Buffalo.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Count me in.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Hi Chris,

Sis is progressing very well, thanks for asking. Haven't done any "long" rides, but have managed an hour or so locally and she has handled those very well. At first the vibration hurt her knee a little, but some extra padding on her foot pegs has taken care of that.

We miss riding with everyone and are looking forward to getting out again, soon.

Give our best to Cindy.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Now THAT sounds like a ride I would love! Only problem is that it would be a thousand miles round trip for me to come from home. Enjoy!
    it's called ROAD TRIP!!!

sounds like fun....was in ceder key a few years back. nice place.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    This is just a ride I was thinking about and wanted some feed back about it. A sunrise and sunset with the . In Late Sept or early Oct. I'm thinking about South Dayton going to Cedar Key via riding through horse country. would be early AM for the Sunrise. We can figure out where to meet when we find out who all is coming. After that having breakfast in Daytona area or De Leon Springs It cost a few bucks to get in the park so that is just an option. If you have never been there its a neat place to eat, you get to make your own pancakes and they cook the meats. Then take a nice easy ride through horse country. planning on being in Cedar Keys around 5PM depending on what time sunset is that day. You would have time to look around town and maybe have dinner while waiting for the sunset. You can always meet up with the group somewhere on the route if you didn't want to catch the sunrise. We can figure out where to have lunch or a snack. Just an Idea. I wanted to throw it out there. Give me your opinion or ideas. JC
    That sounds good, but be aware there is an art fest the weekend of Oct 15 and 16 so probably no motels available in Cdar Key.

Spyder Garage

Sounds like fun to me. Will watch for developments!
    Happy Owner * 2013 RT Limited, 2009 RS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    That sounds good, but be aware there is an art fest the weekend of Oct 15 and 16 so probably no motels available in Cdar Key.
    Thanks for the info on the 15th & 16th of Oct Thats what were looking for. Also the 22nd of Oct we are going to be in St Petersburgs so that eliminates those two weekends.jc

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Biketoberfest at Daytona is 13th -16th this year

Spyder Garage

This C2C ride is a great time. Looking forward to making it again. Hopefully no boot malfunctions this year, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Wheeler Thanks for the reminder. I just got an e mail from Cruzn al. It said the C2C run is set for Nov 12th, the website should be up by Aug 1st if not before. I don't want anyone to think were trying to interfer with his run just to let everyone know we had a great time on it last year .If anyone didn't make it last year it's a lot of fun.. This C2C run is something Carol and I are planning on our own. I just thought if anyone would like to ride along with us they're more then welcome to join us. We still plan on doing the C2C with Cruzn al in Nov. Right now it looks like we will meet in Deland then on to S.Daytona for sunrise then have breakfest then head north up the coast line cutting back towards Palatka arriving in Micanopy for a break and maybe a snack taking an hour or so break then heading out for a long ride through horse country ending up in Ceder Key around 5pm or so depending on sunset time we could have an early super then watch the sunset and head home. Some of you might want to spend the night in Ocala if it's to late when we get back there, anyone who would like to join us is more then welcome. I'll get the time and route set up when it gets closer. Thanks John& Carol

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Hi Chris,

Sis is progressing very well, thanks for asking. Haven't done any "long" rides, but have managed an hour or so locally and she has handled those very well. At first the vibration hurt her knee a little, but some extra padding on her foot pegs has taken care of that.

We miss riding with everyone and are looking forward to getting out again, soon.

Give our best to Cindy.

Mike
    I miss you both! Glad Sis is doing well! Hugs

RT-S PE#0048
    Spyder Garage

Wheeler Thanks for the reminder. I just got an e mail from Cruzn al. It said the C2C run is set for Nov 12th, the website should be up by Aug 1st if not before. I don't want anyone to think were trying to interfer with his run just to let everyone know we had a great time on it last year .If anyone didn't make it last year it's a lot of fun.. This C2C run is something Carol and I are planning on our own. I just thought if anyone would like to ride along with us they're more then welcome to join us. We still plan on doing the C2C with Cruzn al in Nov. Right now it looks like we will meet in Deland then on to S.Daytona for sunrise then have breakfest then head north up the coast line cutting back towards Palatka arriving in Micanopy for a break and maybe a snack taking an hour or so break then heading out for a long ride through horse country ending up in Ceder Key around 5pm or so depending on sunset time we could have an early super then watch the sunset and head home. Some of you might want to spend the night in Ocala if it's to late when we get back there, anyone who would like to join us is more then welcome. I'll get the time and route set up when it gets closer. Thanks John& Carol
    Sounds like fun! I'm not a night rider - so I would probably get a room if possible. Please keep me informed, you know I don't get on here all the time.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info on the 15th & 16th of Oct Thats what were looking for. Also the 22nd of Oct we are going to be in St Petersburgs so that eliminates those two weekends.jc
    Keep me in the loop. I like the 2 day weekend trip idea. At this point there's a great chance Susan might have a three day weekend. I'm thinking cooler is better also!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by annieleilani View Post
    I miss you both! Glad Sis is doing well! Hugs
    Thanks Annie, hope to see you soon...

Spyder Garage

Glad Sis is doing better, did you see were I put on here Cruzn Al has set the 12th of Nov for the C2C ride, It's hard to believe it's been a year sents we meet. we didn't know but a few riders last year when we went on this ride look what a year can do. I hope we get a lot more of you spYder riders to show up this year we had a fantastic time last year. John

Spyder Garage

Glad Sis is doing better, did you see were I put on here Cruzn Al has set the 12th of Nov for the C2C ride, It's hard to believe it's been a year sents we meet. we didn't know but a few riders last year when we went on this ride look what a year can do. I hope we get a lot more of you spYder riders to show up this year we had a fantastic time last year. John
    I had Al's email too. I think we'll try to make it again this year, a lot will depend on my job. Finally get Sis healed and I've been called back to work.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default c2c ride

The only problem with breakfast at Deleon Springs is the long wait on a weekend. Last time I ate there we had a two & half hour wait. Kills a lot of time if you'r trying to travel far.

Spyder Garage

Perhaps Mannys again in Bushnell?

Chris PS: Anyone seen or heard from CaptJim?

Spyder Garage

Heres an update on the sunrise to sunset ride John and I are planning. Were thinking about the last weekend in Sept. The meeting time will be put in when it gets closer, were looking around 5 to5:30 am like I said depending on sunrisre. We'll be at the jct of SR- 44 and C-15 at the 7 Eleven on the northeast conner in DeLand,fl. The total miles from DeLand to Ceder Key is around 245 miles . We're having breakfest at Crabby Joes Deck & Grill, 3701 S Atlantic Av, Daytona Beach at around 7 AM. After that 8 to 8:30 were heading north to Destination Daytona, Looking around for a while, then headed to Micanopy arriving around 11:30 to 12:30 (when ever we get there) for a light lunch. Then on for a horse country ride ending up in Ceder Key. Planning on around 4:30 or 5 PM {When ever we get there }. Then having Dinner waiting on sunset. Now if you don't want to make the sunrise or sunset you could meet up at the different stops along the way. The times are approximate. I've made up a route if you would like a copy we can e-mail it to you.
    Last edited by CJ/johnnyg; 08-03-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Hand grips
    GPS holder
    Buttler mug holder
    Running lights front and rear
    12V plug in
    Graphics