Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tampa Area

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    I have purchased two spyders from westcoast powersports. They have been great to work with. The staff is awesome both in sales and service. Talk to Chris Brown is sales he is the best in the spyder world. Tell him Ken Holmes sent you. I have a 2014rts.
    Thanks, I just received a quote from William Koening, and he seemed fine. I will look up Chris, and tell him you sent me.

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 05-14-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Thinking of returning to the Spyder world. Visited Tampa Powersports today, my old dealer, and things have changed, a lot. I'll pardon Jon, my first salesman, he's brand new, but he got Mark to help him, and Mark certainly knew more, but couldn't answer some of my questions. I will probably return and chat with them again, but I didn't feel good about my experience. So, is Clearwater Powersports still the "go-to" company in Tampa Bay? How is Barney's? I never felt good about Barney's, but they may have changed.

I am also willing to drive a little, any suggestions on other dealers?

Thanks,

Mike

I've bought a couople of bikes from Barneys over the years, including my Spyder. They have always done well by me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Thanks, I just received a quote from William Koening, and he seemed fine. I will look up Chris, and tell him you sent me.

Mike
    Mike, were you ever with the Long Riders, the David Gillespie group? Your handle is familiar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Mike, were you ever with the Long Riders, the David Gillespie group? Your handle is familiar.
    Yes, and I believe we sat at the table in David's house together at one time. Sorry for the late response, just noticed your post. I rode a BMW, but had to sell it, and just got my 2nd Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I thought that might be you on a different ride, just wasn't sure it was the same Mike. Hope to see you again one of these days. Enjoy that fine Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I have bought a Spyder and a couple of other bikes over the years from Barneys and always found them to be good to deal with.

Spyder Garage

Yes, I thought that might be you on a different ride, just wasn't sure it was the same Mike. Hope to see you again one of these days. Enjoy that fine Spyder.
    Thanks. Would love to see you again, but I don't ride nearly as much as a few years ago, especially since my new wife isn't a rider. But, with the Spyder I do hope to get out more and hopefully we'll run into each other. Are you still riding with David?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sure ride to David's RTEs when he's not running so far north, a good group right there. I had a lust for the Spyder RT actually over the last couple years, but when I got real serious, there was just o way I could do business with the Spyder dealer. I wanted to do business with the guy here in Lakeland so I would not have to ride a distance and hang out in the shop for routine maintenance. In the end, I just spent a couple grand with Greg in ZHills to get my GW/Road Smith is top shape and ride it another few years, then rethink the Spyder thing. I did love the demo ride, as did wife Millie, but alas, the dollars just didn't add up, you know how it goes. I did a couple 'reach outs' to Spyder RT 'for sale' owners on Cycle Trader, but no response from either, as I mentioned, maybe later. By the way, congrats on the new wife, maybe she will get the urge to ride with you. No way I can get out of the drive way without my passenger. Happy trails.

Spyder Garage

Sure ride to David's RTEs when he's not running so far north, a good group right there. I had a lust for the Spyder RT actually over the last couple years, but when I got real serious, there was just o way I could do business with the Spyder dealer. I wanted to do business with the guy here in Lakeland so I would not have to ride a distance and hang out in the shop for routine maintenance. In the end, I just spent a couple grand with Greg in ZHills to get my GW/Road Smith is top shape and ride it another few years, then rethink the Spyder thing. I did love the demo ride, as did wife Millie, but alas, the dollars just didn't add up, you know how it goes. I did a couple 'reach outs' to Spyder RT 'for sale' owners on Cycle Trader, but no response from either, as I mentioned, maybe later. By the way, congrats on the new wife, maybe she will get the urge to ride with you. No way I can get out of the drive way without my passenger. Happy trails.
    Of all the bikes I've owned, the Spyder is the one I've been happiest with. Bought mine in Clearwater and got an okay deal. At my age I don't know how much riding I have left, and i wanted the Spyder, so money became secondary, and I've never regretted buying it. I pray that Patty will learn to like riding, but she has some physical issues that hinder, so it's not all attitude. David mentioned my joining a Saturday ride one of these days, and I plan to do so. Hope to see you then.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, I look forward to seeing you again. Good talking with you.

Spyder Garage

Mike, I look forward to seeing you again. Good talking with you.