Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnCat View Post
    Have both the Elkas and the performance sway bars on our RT and RS - I have managed to pick up a front wheel on the RT 3 times now at slower speeds with out the nanny kicking in. These were tight and off camber turns. Another Spyder pilot thought I was showing off (pulling out on to the highway from a driveway) . . . it has always been the left front that picks up, but I think that is because I tend to turn harder in that direction . . . any thoughts?
    What you may want to do is to remove 1 turn of preload on the spring to allow the outside suspension to "travel" more as it is compressing to prevent the inside wheel from lifting.

With the shocks you should have received two small tools: 1 X 3mm allen key, and a steel bar shaped like a hockey stick. On the preload ring ( red ring at the top of the spring), unscrew the lock nut with the allen key and rotate the preload ring towards the right with the steel bar tool to take some preload off of the spring. This should allow the outside wheel in a tight turn to travel more to absorb more of the weight transfer.

If you need more explanation, its a free call to my office direct: 1-800-557-0552 ext 257. Operators are standing by.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that I'm just dumber than most folks... How can a change of shock/swaybar/tire "trip up" the V.S.S.? To my VERY simple mind; if Nanny gets a reading that isn't what she wants, then she'll put the "Whoa!" to you... If a shock or swaybar decreases lean angles, or a tire gives you a different amount of available traction, it'll take longer to reach those programmed limits and wouldn't she just hold off the screaming for a bit longer. I think Ron mentioned that once she does get involved, it's more pronounced since you're probably already closer to the edge...
    She only gets cranky when parameters are exceeded... How you get there is up to you!
    (Now if she kills me next week after the tire change..."Never Mind..." )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What I know is the OEM 2008 RS shocks looks like that after 24 K miles :

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!