Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question Puffs of smoke from spyder.

I've got an issue, A few days back i was coming up to a stop light, when i tapped into first gear the engine seemed to die and go poof(not a backfire but Poof) and than fired back up. A puff of smoke came up from the left vent and i smelled electrical,, my sister was with me and she said what the heck was that. I brushed it off and told her not worry, we weren't on fire so we kept going. Being the slacker that i am i didn't even take off the tupperware to investigate.
    Last evening the same thing happened again, the same tap into first gear and poof,.. smoke and i smelled burnt something again. It didn't light on fire so i made my way to beer store and back.. I put maybe another 60 miles on it after that. I'm thinking the honda gaskets need to be installed, so i bought them today. Any ideas what's causing lame sounding poofs accompanied by burnt smell?
    I'm going to crack some beers and investigate tonight.

spydee owner

Default gaskets

When those gaskets go, the right one is usually way more burned away than the left. How many kilometres since gaskets were changed?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

gaskets have never been done, 09 se5. 14000 k's,
    i know that my right foot has been getting hotter and hotter the last few 1000 k's and i started getting some backfires lately too.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RoadHammer View Post
    gaskets have never been done, 09 se5. 14000 k's,
    i know that my right foot has been getting hotter and hotter the last few 1000 k's and i started getting some backfires lately too.
    I would say by the way you described it and that you already have the new gaskets It can't hurt to change them.

Spyder Garage

Not to change the subject but how hot is it up there in Ontario right now and save a cold one for me .

States We Have Been To On Our Spyder

My mods: Green filter, Air box mod., Muzzy exhaust, Cat Bypass, Exhaust Heat Wraped, Powder coated all Bare Metal surfaces, Capt. Jim`s Belt Tensioner, Custom Built Highway Pegs, Elka front shocks, RS-S rear shock, 2011 smaller windshield, Dynojet PowercommanderV & Autotune, NGK iridiom DCPR9IEX spark plugs, Maxxis MA-Z4S Victra rear tire, General Altimax HP 185/60R14 front tires, Corbin seat & backrest, BRP hitch. I need to stop!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StriperKing View Post
    Not to change the subject but how hot is it up there in Ontario right now and save a cold one for me .
    this weekend will see 90 and nights will be 45'ish. my beer is about 15 feet before i get to the spyder, and right now im not getting further than the case of beer...