Thread: Heated clothing

Spyder Garage

Default Heated clothing

I had picked up a dual heat controller from my dealer but realized it was going to be very difficult to install it up under the dash overhang as I had planned. I called the manufacter and discovered they have a remote unit that sold for the same price. I brought it back and the dealer was able to locate the remote option (they had not heard of it).

The new one will mount on velcro under the dash lip, the reciever goes into the pocket of heated liner and only connects to the extended power cable. The other connecters for the jacket and the gloves/socks connects directly to the reciever.

The remote uses a replacable battery that is good for about 1 year. I think this will be the perfect solution and requries very little wire routing. I have a relay controlled fuse panel so I will pick up power from the switched circuit and run the ground directly to the battery as they recommend.

With the heated grips I may no longer need the gloves but I can use it for heated pant liners later on.

I'll let you know when I get it,

Regards,

Randy
    Last edited by bluestratos; 07-14-2011 at 01:03 PM.